I knew it was strong. But not 510hp strong!

• I got a feeling you are going to get hit with animal abuse charges for failure to properly tend to your red necked horses ! I may be the one to turn you in.

You talk like you drive something RED?
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPs I am sorry - I still respect you!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• And the most important myth of them all - Red are the fast ones........... sorry guys

We actually know the Blue Fire model is the fastest (stock), but in @rabtechs case, it makes sense that his is the fastest....since white is the absence of color, it stands to reason that he's going too fast for his color to catch up.

• Sorry, couldn't resist...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• @rabtech thanks for the explanation. They are running an Alpha. These types of explanations really help. Any concern running a 2 bar map instead of 3 bar over the 14.7? I have seen a lot of posts on the tuner forums that say this can lead to issues. Most likely your rarely hitting that level. Do they have a 3 bar for us? Has Bob tuned for that?

• @rabtech thanks for the explanation. They are running an Alpha. These types of explanations really help. Any concern running a 2 bar map instead of 3 bar over the 14.7? I have seen a lot of posts on the tuner forums that say this can lead to issues. Most likely your rarely hitting that level. Do they have a 3 bar for us? Has Bob tuned for that?

No there is no 3bar tune... There could possibly be a 2.5 bar tune in the future.. And 14.7 is not the top of his 2bar tune apparently. It will go a bit further somehow. All the 2.5bar and 3bar sensor does is split the same amount of units into finer and finer segments...

Basically the tune (according to Bob himself) has enough headroom to make it to 17PSI.. And I have to believe it for sure. He tried to explain it to me and I got lost in his techno speak..

The alpha turbo system I believe uses a different style turbo. I am thinking it has a wastage made onto it and then it has had some work done to it. (that may be some of the reason for the difference) Someone with that system may be able to speak about that difference...

And no, under even the harshest driving I probably wouldn't hit the the 16psi mark... The only time it would be at that level is maybe in 4th or 5th holding it to the floor for a super high speed run... And I would be looking at the gauge to make sure it was safe. And most people that have the boost up that high should be looking at the gauge under those conditions also..

And Im glad to help... Tell whomever it is that is trying to make big numbers to give Dave a call. He has pulled two of their systems off and has them laying in the floor.. He can tell you exactly how much power can be made with that system... It would at least give him an idea of when to stop trying for higher number or what to do to get higher numbers....

• Well I have to admit I'm and SS addict. I may have spend the same $ like you did and I love it. I know down the road I'll get more hp but I purchased mine with a 5 year 50,000.00 mile extended warranty.
    :):):thumbup:
    But yes you are the guy to envy.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Long live the base gray model. They were so fast a lot of owners had to camouflage them so the slow red ones would let them tag along.

Well that's why I made mine red white and blue so mine is one of a kind Super Super fast, and if it is just for the looks, :):):):D:thumbsup:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• @Switchblade @rabtech

The Alpha system is very similar to the Hahn. Not sure on exact turbo for Hahn, but Alpha runs a CEA 5558 Precision. Both run Tial external wastegates (39mm). Alpha runs a Tial 50mm BOV, which some Hahn kits chose a different option (for sound?).

The Alpha kit with their header flows a little better than the Hanh kit. Mostly because of the header design and the relocated throttle body.

Both kits on a good built motor will make very similar power. All side exhausts are killing power somewhat. Mine will always dyno lower than I "race exhaust" system, but I can't handle to loud exhaust all the time so I'm cool with that.

The CEA 5558 is rated for 590hp by Precision. So, with the right motor and setup, you could make mid 500s.

To drive around at this number you would probably need the below....
    A good built motor
    Larger injectors
    Fuel rail
    Metal intake manifold
    3bar sensor and tune
    2 stage colder plugs
    Tires, lots of tires
    Etc.

On stock motors and the major turbo kits, most people were doubling hp output at around 11-12psi. When you build a motor, there obviously are some efficiencies you pick up.

Careful in comparing dyno results from different machines, days, states, and dyno type. It's somewhat misleading if you are trying to apple to apple data.

Wish I had more E85 options by me. I'd love to run some cooler fuel on the stock engine and push some more boost through it...

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D