New approach for a SlingShot top...

• I need to be demoing that top at the Adirondacks when I get my Sling converted over to Sling Shot 2.0!!!!
    I'm thinking there's gonna be lots of photo ops going on.....my camera will be smoking for sure!!!! :00000019:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• @SlingRider sorry for the delay... as for speed that's what I love. I have had the top up to 115-120. I can drive all day at 90. That has been a big part of the design challenge. A lightweight minimalistic design that stays rigid at speed. Buffeting behind large trucks on the interstate has also been an area that has required several revisions to nail down.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• On my snowbird drive from Indy to N. Ft Myers Thursday I took a side trip in Georgia to drop in on Ruptured Duck (RD) to have a look-see at the prototype top. All I can say to you all is you will not be disappointed if you get one of his tops. It is totally AWESOME!!! So simple and clean looking! He is very meticulous and has put a lot of thought into the design. I'm 6'1 and climbing in and out of his SS with the top mounted was a piece of cake. Having the complete top pivoting up from above the front windshield area allows you to get in without having to be a contortionist as required from other brands. RD's top has a lot more shield coverage area from the sun rays which is what us old farts need to ward off the potentially skin cancer threats.... Especially In Florida. And the price?? Well, it's not etched in stone yet but it's targeted to be 2 to 3 times lower priced than others in the market place. RD is very focused on the product and very down to earth with his anticipated price structure? He sorta reminds me of a very notable well respected gentleman who many of us know and admire that does his thing from his heart and passion and not so concerned about the all mighty dollar....he goes by the name 'PAINTER'!. Anyway, there are but a few loose ends to tie up and some last minute finessing and RD can set his sights toward production soon. Doesn't look like they will be ready in time for Santa but I'm hoping that perhaps the Easter Bunny will deliver one to me. I wanna be the first on my block to have one! All I can say to you out there in SS land that are interested, be patient, it's coming, you'll be glad you waited cause from what I saw, you will not be disappointed! I might add that he is also working on several other goodies for our SS but I don't want to steal his thunder. OK RD full steam ahead!

• On my snowbird drive from Indy to N. Ft Myers Thursday I took a side trip in Georgia to drop in on Ruptured Duck (RD) to have a look-see at the prototype top. All I can say to you all is you will not be disappointed if you get one of his tops. It is totally AWESOME!!! So simple and clean looking! He is very meticulous and has put a lot of thought into the design. I'm 6'1 and climbing in and out of his SS with the top mounted was a piece of cake. Having the complete top pivoting up from above the front windshield area allows you to get in without having to be a contortionist as required from other brands. RD's top has a lot more shield coverage area from the sun rays which is what us old farts need to ward off the potentially skin cancer threats.... Especially In Florida. And the price?? Well, it's not etched in stone yet but it's targeted to be 2 to 3 times lower priced than others in the market place. RD is very focused on the product and very down to earth with his anticipated price structure? He sorta reminds me of a very notable well respected gentleman who many of us know and admire that does his thing from his heart and passion and not so concerned about the all mighty dollar....he goes by the name 'PAINTER'!. Anyway, there are but a few loose ends to tie up and some last minute finessing and RD can set his sights toward production soon. Doesn't look like they will be ready in time for Santa but I'm hoping that perhaps the Easter Bunny will deliver one to me. I wanna be the first on my block to have one! All I can say to you out there in SS land that are interested, be patient, it's coming, you'll be glad you waited cause from what I saw, you will not be disappointed! I might add that he is also working on several other goodies for our SS but I don't want to steal his thunder. OK RD full steam ahead!

Damn you, tease!

On the flip side, Cadbury Crème Eggs and @Ruptured Duck 's roof would make an awesome Easter morning surprise!

• @scootertrash thank you for such kind words. It was an honest pleasure getting your valuable feedback and to help me better understand the customer for this. You are really a huge part of the target market and watching your interaction with the system helped me more than you will know.

I may worry more than I should regarding what I see as shortcomings. You helped to open my eyes a little further and feel confident with what I have.

Everyone I had some monetary setbacks (life) that may have delayed me. I'm working these out and hope to have some progress news for everyone in the next 2 - 3 months. I would really hope to have something by the spring-early summer time (fingers crossed).

I do have to rework the rear cross bar and determine if one universal bar can be used for all SS (with and without new tapped holes in hoops). I also have not had time to hand bend and weld up the 4th top frame. That will need to happen over the next 2 weeks.
    I'll post pictures just to keep you guys entertained and hopefully a little less pissed at me for being so slow.
    And as for being placed in the same company as @Painter.... I don't think so, not yet. :D

Also, don't let @scootertrash off so easy. his trailer concept for pulling the SS is genuinely innovative. Maybe he will find away to get it to the masses in a way that doesn't screw up his kick ass retirement.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• @Ruptured Duck Imma guessing I prolly been waitin on this top as long or longer as anybody here (the Darkside) and I ain't pissed - just SWEATING the hope of it being brought to market before the coming summer. Waited this long - few more months is OK - I know how much thought and effort you have put into this and it will be well worth the wait!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it