Plexi glass windshield fix

• Luckily the windshield caught the bolt that fell off a flatbed as it was directly in line with my beautiful wife’s eyes. So thankful that the windshield caught it but has anyone ever fixed, repaired, or patched up a slightly tinted windshield? Or am I just better off leaving it alone and will most likely just make things worse. These two divots in the red circle are what I’m talking about.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Luckily the windshield caught the bolt that fell off a flatbed as it was directly in line with my beautiful wife’s eyes. So thankful that the windshield caught it but has anyone ever fixed, repaired, or patched up a slightly tinted windshield? Or am I just better off leaving it alone and will most likely just make things worse. These two divots in the red circle are what I’m talking about.

FunCycle

• Tnank God there was a windshield to stop that from hitting her.

definitely! Thank you all. I will have to do a little more research on the windshield as it came with my sling and I’m not the one that bought it. It is definitely not a scratch. When you put your finger over it there’s a small indent or gouge. Judging from what all have said even if I try to fill it or Color it it might just make it stick out more. Perhaps just leave it alone and allow it to be a well appreciated scar!

• definitely! Thank you all. I will have to do a little more research on the windshield as it came with my sling and I’m not the one that bought it. It is definitely not a scratch. When you put your finger over it there’s a small indent or gouge. Judging from what all have said even if I try to fill it or Color it it might just make it stick out more. Perhaps just leave it alone and allow it to be a well appreciated scar!

I would leave it alone - I can send you a smiley face sticker to put over i!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• SoCal I’m surprised the bolt hit on her side - bolts like to be with nuts & the nut was driving... :D Seriously, SO HAPPY she wasn’t injured!!!

Another really badass way to just run with it is to use bullet hole stickers...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Ya this bolt was on a mission! Had I had the old windshield it would have hit her for sure. This one is about 3" taller and actually makes the "cabin" a little quieter and it is solid. No wind slots down below. Even with my height my line of sight is just over the edge so ya - happy camper.

This is what I have... F4 Custom and I believe it is a +3" BUT of course my sling is not this color... 8o

I am going to contact them about a possible repair if possible.

F4 Customs’ replacement motorcycle windshields are designed with two things in mind: quality and experience. Every one of our motorcycle windscreens is constructed from the highest optical grade polycarbonate we could find.

• Just got off the phone with F4 and the good news is it IS polycarbonate and thus did not shatter. Grateful as I would not have thought of this should I have been shopping for one. Gunna try to put a gray sharpie tip in the white gouge

and see if it will perhaps match a little better to the tint. Other than that it is what it is...

• Does your insurance cover it. If it was a auto and in Florida they would have to cover it. I don't know about cycles or your state.

Didn't think of that ( thanks) but it is small and having just totaled my last SS not really wanting to make another claim. 400$ for a new one would be cheeper I believe in the long run:rolleyes:

"Chicks dig scars ( and scratches on windshields), pain heals, glory lasts forever!"

( The Replacements) good flick!

• car insurance with pay to fix rock cracks (bulls eyes) but not the entire windshield....you’ll pay deductible.... ask my how many times I know this...

My Insurance has paid to replace entire windshield several times. They also paid to fix bullseye chips. Once, I had a chip and told a bodyshop guy I would rather have a new windshield than to fix the chip. He went out and whacked the spot with his fist, the windshield split all around it. This allowed me to get an entire new one. 😁

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE