Fast Orange Bites The Dust

• My advice to the forum, don't ever wreck one of these things. Its been 3 weeks now and I still can't get anyone to write an estimate so I can get the ball rolling. My insurance agent tried for a week and finally threw up his hands and said "I give up", The local dealer said bring it in and leave it, we will get to it by the end of summer. That is just to write the estimate. Outside of loading it on a trailer and dragging it 200 miles at my own cost to get and estimate, I am screwed. I can see now I am definitely on the sidelines for the rest of the summer.

• My advice to the forum, don't ever wreck one of these things. Its been 3 weeks now and I still can't get anyone to write an estimate so I can get the ball rolling. My insurance agent tried for a week and finally threw up his hands and said "I give up", The local dealer said bring it in and leave it, we will get to it by the end of summer. That is just to write the estimate. Outside of loading it on a trailer and dragging it 200 miles at my own cost to get and estimate, I am screwed. I can see now I am definitely on the sidelines for the rest of the summer.

call the dealer you would send it to sometimes they will pick up the bill if they get the job! Also call a few other dealerships about the same distance and see which one actually wants the work if they're slow and they want the work they will get right to it.

Hope this helps my wife works at a car dealership and that's what they do when they're too busy.

• You need to find a dealer that can spit that thing out fast. I would get on the phone and call some service departments and speak to the main service guy. I bet it would be worth your time to make a few calls. And your insurance guy should pick up the expense of carrying it wherever you get the fastest and best service. I would even call him and tell him this plan. I bet he just wants to get this claim closed and over with.

Have you tried calling Polaris directly and explaining your situation .... your frustrated adjuster .... and your dealers unwillingness to expedite the process ...

1-800-765-2747

Have your VIN# handy .....

Make sure to get a case #....your dealer will be contacted directly by Polaris regarding your call so be as detailed as possible .....

May be enough to get the ball rolling ..... if they can't/won't repair it then what good is a Polaris product to you now or in the future ..... wink-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Some good tips here. Once I get an estimate I will be ok, as long as parts are available. I can do the work, its just getting the parts.

As far as the estimate, nobody wants to do it "on the spot" They all want me to leave it for a few days. Seriously? I don't want to drive 200 miles, drop it off, drive home, and then do the same in a couple days to pick it up. Not only is it the cost of diesel, but the time off work too. I don't mind paying a local dealer for an estimate and I know I need at least $6K in parts, you'd think that would be enough.

Calling Polaris really wouldn't help much. I don't want to force a dealership to take my hard earned money, or that of my insurance company. If they don't want my business, I am happy to oblige them. It's just frustrating that so many of them are that way.

On a good note, I think I found a dealer that will work with me that isn't incredibly far. We'll see how that plans out.

• Calling Polaris really wouldn't help much. I don't want to force a dealership to take my hard earned money, or that of my insurance company. If they don't want my business, I am happy to oblige them. It's just frustrating that so many of them are that way.

With all due respect ...that line of thought gives them no motivation to improve .....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• FINALLY got the full estimate. Just over $9k to get her back on the road. Parts will be ordered Tuesday and we'll see how long that takes.

Just curious, does anyone know of any used parts out there? I am needing everything on the drivers side front corner. Headlight assembly, turn signal, fender, hood trim piece, etc.

• If insurance is covering it, go all new man. I have a $500 deductible so that would be a fair trade-off for me. The place that is fixing my power steering, it took them around 3 to 4 days to get the part from Polaris.

• Update. It's been almost 10 weeks now and we are still not back on the road. I have all the parts except for one, and it happens to be the first part I need to put on. It's the inner hood structure. I talked to Polaris yesterday. It is on back order but they were due in 3 days ago. They said they should be in by Friday. The bad thing is that they have 13 coming in and have more orders than that and she couldn't tell me where I was on the list or when more will be in. So I will either have it next friday or I will be waiting a lot longer. Cross your fingers.

• Ok, I just saw a video of a deer trying to commit suicide by jumping in front of a guys SS, the deer bounced off and he kept driving..

So I bought deer whistles to put on my SS...where is everyone mounting them?

When you whistle at a deer they freeze and stare at you...if the deer is on the side of the road and they hear the whistle they will stop and see what's coming...that's the idea behind them..to freeze them in place...now if they are in the middle of the road, you're screwed...