2021 Polaris OEM Roll Hoop Speaker Pods

• I just installed my roll hoop speakers from Polaris. Pretty simple install but did have to drill a hole for the connector. I didn’t see any instructions on Polaris site so I winged it. Here are my steps:

1. Remove the two screws on the front of the roll hoop accent (behind the seat). On the passenger side, once removed pull forward and up a little to dislodge the rearmost lip of the stock roll hoop accent it should come out easy.

2. On the driver side it’s a little different. You have to remove the locking ring around the fuel filler neck. This is a plastic ring so it not that hard just be sure not to break it. Once that’s done it is very similar to the passenger side.

3. Don’t put the new pods in yet. There is no where for the speaker connector to go. There are factory connectors right underneath that area but it is solid with no pass through. Remove the 4 push pins that hold the rear under body on and pull it down to take a peak. There is a connector there that is meant for the speaker to plug into. I noted where it was and drilled a hole just the size of the connector to pass the wire though to connect to the factory connector. (The factory connector has a water tight plug that has to be removed prior to connecting the speaker.) (Be careful when drilling on the drivers side as the fuel filler neck is a few inches away. Take your time)

4. Once the wire is connected, place the new pods in the slot and then bolt them down. And fire her up!

The sound is now louder but bass is still lacking in my opinion. Pics below:

• I like those speaker pods painted to match, whos selling em......

They are an aftermarket option sold by Polaris - they say on the site that they are only for the 2021 model year, but who knows they might fit other years, just those years wont be wired for them

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• They are an aftermarket option sold by Polaris - they say on the site that they are only for the 2021 model year, but who knows they might fit other years, just those years wont be wired for them

Was asking for a friend who has that same color 2021 and will be arriving at my house, once the slingmods, LEDs & zarate wheel rings arrive........but those speaker pods are nice.....that grey & blue is hotttt

• Hey there. First post...

I have a 2021 Slingshot SL stick shift. I have the Rockford speakers up front/dash. I have SSV headrest speaker pods and some 6.5’s to install but I am not seeing any speaker wire. I took off the OEM pods hoping it would be that simple. No luck. I took off the bottom plastic that you mentioned. The one held on with push pins. I saw wires but nothing that looked like a speaker wire. You wouldn’t by chance have a picture of what it looks like under there so I know what I’m looking for? Or maybe you would be awesome enough to pop off that bottom panel and snap a pic so I can confirm if my 2021 SL does or does not have the wiring already?

• derichio02 ^^^^ ? Welcome Sasquatch by putting the @ symbol in front of the user's name you will be sending a notification to them. Not sure but I think you were asking derichio02 .

thank you sir. Have not used an Internet forum in a while. I used to be on IMOC (international MR2 owners Club) daily but that’s been almost 15 years now. Haha. This isn’t my first instal and I’ll likely end up replacing the Rockford system but for now two more speakers would be a nice stop gap

• Found them. The plugs for the roll hoop speakers are attached to the frame supporting the tail section. I removed the body panel under the tail. The one with like 6 torx bolts. Once that was down I could see them attached to the frame with push in clips. I can confirm that on the 2021 SL w/Rockford system the wiring for the rear speakers is indeed there and does work.

• Found them. The plugs for the roll hoop speakers are attached to the frame supporting the tail section. I removed the body panel under the tail. The one with like 6 torx bolts. Once that was down I could see them attached to the frame with push in clips. I can confirm that on the 2021 SL w/Rockford system the wiring for the rear speakers is indeed there and does work.

Apologies Sasquatch I should have responded sooner. Feel like an ass :( Looks like you found them but feel free to message me if you have any other questions. Also funny but I also have a Kia Telluride :)

Lastly can you take a pic of your rear sprocket. I have a howl when accelerating! Do you experience this? I want to make sure my belt is aligned correctly but I dont have anyone with a 2021 local.

• Apologies Sasquatch I should have responded sooner. Feel like an ass :( Looks like you found them but feel free to message me if you have any other questions. Also funny but I also have a Kia Telluride :)

Lastly can you take a pic of your rear sprocket. I have a howl when accelerating! Do you experience this? I want to make sure my belt is aligned correctly but I dont have anyone with a 2021 local.

No problem. I will go get a shot of the rear sometime today. I noticed that I have one side of the sprocket open and the other has a guard to keep the belt on. This was a little concerning at first but the belt does not look like it has moved at all so I guess those guys with mechanical engineering degrees that design these things really do know a little bit about what will work. haha.