Battery removal

• Looked up battery removal for the 2nd gen Slingshots and it said 2020 and up need the dealer for removal and install. The manual only states to have dealer remove the battery due to the chance of electric shock.

Just dont want to unhook the battery if its going to cause problems that the dealer needs to address. Anyone know if I can, I promise I wont shock myself.

• There won't be any problems. It's no different than changing a battery on a car. It's on the front passenger side of the engine. Just remove the positive and negative cables, unscrew the cover plate, lift it out, replace it, and put everything back together.

The whole blurb is to cover Polaris's ass if you somehow ground the battery out and fry something. Use common sense when disconnecting it and you'll be fine.

• ok, got it all done, very easy to remove and reinstall. No issues. After I removed the cable bolts I put a piece of tape over each terminal on the battery to keep the threaded inserts from falling out and incase they bumped into any metal parts while removing and installing.

• I would think that in its new location under the hood it has to be easier than it is on my 2016 with the battery down in the back - which really wasn't that hard

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I believe if one is a bit inclined the removal of the battery is no big deal... it is easily accessible on the Gen2 (similar to a car) and my thinking is the only reason they say "in case of electrical shock" is a LAWYER somewhere decided to put that in as a safe guard for actions agains Polaris.

My buddy just shorted out some stuff on his RV (tandem battery hook up) as he touched a positive lead to a ground.... That is the reason for the disclaimer....

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.