Rear Speaker Connectors

• Hey all you cool cats and kittens. Does anyone have a part number or connector type for the rear pod speakers?

I know the wiring is run on newer models and just ordered a set of SSV pods and would like to put a connector on them vs soldering them directly.

Hoping someone has already done this and did the leg work.

If winners never quit and quitter never win, Why do we tell people to quit while they are ahead? :00000003:

• I wanted to use the OEM connector ( soldering the speaker into the factory OEM plug) that way if I ever want to swap it out it can just be unplugged.

Trying not to splice into the factory wiring if at all possible.

If winners never quit and quitter never win, Why do we tell people to quit while they are ahead? :00000003:

• I have done electrical since 1967, never seen these and cannot speak about how good they are.

Seem to work for me. Been using them a couple years. Gotta balance between melting solder in them vs over-heating shrink tube, but you can see as soon as the solder melts so as long as you stop there, they are good.

They use a different method to intertwine the wire. Instead of twisting, you leave the stranded wire open and push them into the other stranded wire, sort of like putting your left hand fingers into your right hand fingers, like this:

Then push them flat and slide the solder ring over them,

Then use heat gun to shrink (I do use a nozzle on the heat gun to direct the heat to the solder instead of all over like the video)

I haven't seen any issues with them yet, but admittedly only used a couple years so far. I note that in the video the guy tears apart the above connection and isn't happy with the solder connection, but I think that was because he didn't use a nozzle on his heat gun. When I use the nozzle, I can see the solder definitely melt more and flow into the wire strands.

• I'm not a professional at soldering but with those things I can sure act like one. I love em, work great, clean look, inexpensive and save so much time. After using them I purchase a bunch more for on hand use.

• Hey all you cool cats and kittens. Does anyone have a part number or connector type for the rear pod speakers?

I know the wiring is run on newer models and just ordered a set of SSV pods and would like to put a connector on them vs soldering them directly.

Hoping someone has already done this and did the leg work.

There's a connector company out of Virginia that will build any connectors you need if you can send them a photo of the connector you need matched to your connector but I can't find the name of the company??

• There's a connector company out of Virginia that will build any connectors you need if you can send them a photo of the connector you need matched to your connector but I can't find the name of the company??

I mean I work for Amphenol, I was hoping to pull out of the part bin ... lol I will just solder on my own water proof connectors I was hoping for a more OEM style plug and play.

• It would be exactly like the OEM connectors where you plug and play??

Not familiar with Amphenol ??

To be clear. I know I have a speaker connection on the headrest / rolehoop. just not sure what it is and or type. I am purchasing a set of SSV speaker pods and Kicker speakers. I wanted to leverage the oem connector that's there already. rather than cut it out and install my own. ( if I ever decide to remove change or go back factory or use an upcoming factory option later....)

• To be clear. I know I have a speaker connection on the headrest / rolehoop. just not sure what it is and or type. I am purchasing a set of SSV speaker pods and Kicker speakers. I wanted to leverage the oem connector that's there already. rather than cut it out and install my own. ( if I ever decide to remove change or go back factory or use an upcoming factory option later....)

I know what you are saying, and I'm saying they can make you a Connector for your SSV system that will plug directly into the Factory connector on your Slingshot????

• Does anyone know if the striped wire is negative or positive on the rear speaker connectors?

Its kind of to bad they didn't put the right connectors or even the other side of the connectors for these speaker pods,

Im getting ready to pull the trigger on the rear pod speakers. Dont want to spend double the money for the plug and play Polaris set up. I can cut the oem wire plug and put my own plug.

Do you know the wire colors for the pos and negative on the rear speaker plugs?