Mods and goodies you wouldn't do again

• Roadhawg - just an update with the LC7. It does sound slightly better, but not $179 or whatever that LC7 cost me better. Speakers sound good but did before, just more clarity now. Subs under dash hit harder and distort less, but still suck compared to what I think they should sound like. Has to be a storage box sub that doesn't fully commit the whole box? I dunno I do want more bumps then I have now...

• personally I don't consider the slingshot to be the kind of vehicle designed for high quality audio - - no matter how great the system might be or how incredibly awesome it might sound in the parking lot as soon as I start riding the road noise, and wind noise and exhaust noise and all of the other noise coming from everything else around me is going to totally consume the quality and clarity of my high end system - - for me I see no point in even attempting to improve the stock system in my SL - - I can hear it pretty good at stoplights and when I an cruising at 60 or better I don't even care that I can hardly make out what song is playing

we all have different taste and even though I am 100% sure I could make the system better I don't care enough to bother

If I am going to spend $100's of dollars on a sound system for when I am of the road I will put that system in an enclosed vehicle where I can actually here what the money paid for

and as a side note, I see these show slingshots with speakers all over the outside designed to impress people standing around at shows and I must admit I laugh - - I mean I guess if that's what you are into go for it, but for me its kind of like those people back in the 70's that walked around with some huge boombox on their shoulder - - clearly thinking that everyone else wants to hear the crap they are plying and never actually realizing that 99% of the rest of us wish they would just turn the damn thing down so we can here our own music 8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Willie's music or even Hank's doesn't require all that bass. I also don't need speakers as I stream music right to my hearing aids. I don't go fast enough that I can't hear it.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• personally I don't consider the slingshot to be the kind of vehicle designed for high quality audio - - no matter how great the system might be or how incredibly awesome it might sound in the parking lot as soon as I start riding the road noise, and wind noise and exhaust noise and all of the other noise coming from everything else around me is going to totally consume the quality and clarity of my high end system - -

This is what I think of when I contemplate putting an audio system in my S model Sling.

I wear earplugs on the Sling and what has worked wonderfully for me are bone conductive headsets. Technically legal in all 50 states (they don't cover the ears) and with plugs in, they sound really good.

I'm using the Aftershokz Aeroplex and ordered their Opencomm system in the hopes that I can take a phone call.

https://aftershokz.com/us/products/opencomm

• ZZ performance rear exit exhaust, loved the quality and the looks could not live with the sound and fumes much too loud for my taste went back to the factory exhaust.

I noticed the fumes as well and while I like the sound the wife isn't happy when it comes under boost and screams... Looking at ways to quiet it down w/out just putting the dual tips on as I like where it exits now.

• I noticed the fumes as well and while I like the sound the wife isn't happy when it comes under boost and screams... Looking at ways to quiet it down w/out just putting the dual tips on as I like where it exits now.

Is the screaming coming from the passenger seat?

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I noticed the fumes as well and while I like the sound the wife isn't happy when it comes under boost and screams... Looking at ways to quiet it down w/out just putting the dual tips on as I like where it exits now.

I tried two of there cone baffles but didn't seam to make much difference.

• Things I would not do again...

Curb Warning. PITA for the install. Could not find a spot on the front of the sling where the sensor won’t get smacked by rocks or pot holes. I’ve knocked it off twice.

Security System. Mine came with a complete security system. It was the same type I had on my Goldwing. And became just as problematic. On the Wing it succeeded in locking me out. I couldn’t have that on the Sling. Removed it. Feel much more comfortable going cross country, now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Willie's music or even Hank's doesn't require all that bass. I also don't need speakers as I stream music right to my hearing aids. I don't go fast enough that I can't hear it.

We've gone from grossly oversized boom boxes forcing everyone to listen to your playlist, to privately streaming music directly into our hearing aids, in only a few posts, that's totally awesome. And somewhat amazing.

Slingshot beginner (Nov 2020), 2019 S White/Black, Bullet Speed V-Back, with Blue Fire accents

• Master Cylinder Brace.

After deliberating over this subject for nearly six years I recently gave in and purchased a master cylinder brace for our SlingShot. Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on how you want to look at it, I have found this purchase to be an unnecessary expense where our SlingShot is concerned.

Master Cylinder Brace and USPS

Bill

• I wish I had never heard of Bill Hahn or Hahn Racecraft. Or at least learned my lesson from OTHERS instead of having to learn first hand how expensive a lesson it was to trust the guy

You are only one of many to get stung my friend - I would imagine that is why he doesn’t post here any longer.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it