Mods and goodies you wouldn't do again

• Possibly an interesting side note where Justina has a heated jacket, but since we started installing the MeanSling Sport Top during off season riding, she has found that she really does not need it any more. Of course, a top is going to cost much more than a jacket and really is not as cozy!

Bill

• I regret ordering an aluminum intake manifold, last November. The "world class tig welding" and "fastest ever lead time of one to two weeks" are obviously BS.

I wrote a paragraph, explaining more, but I deleted it because I just want his resolved, and complaining on this forum will get me nowhere. I also don't want to name names, so I will just say this;

I do feel a little sad that someone's business methods have evolved to the point that they must not be able to manage it properly. Must all be one time sales, with no return customers. You did your own ditch sometimes, and that seems to be the case here.

• I regret ordering an aluminum intake manifold, last November. The "world class tig welding" and "fastest ever lead time of one to two weeks" are obviously BS.

I wrote a paragraph, explaining more, but I deleted it because I just want his resolved, and complaining on this forum will get me nowhere. I also don't want to name names, so I will just say this;

I do feel a little sad that someone's business methods have evolved to the point that they must not be able to manage it properly. Must all be one time sales, with no return customers. You did your own ditch sometimes, and that seems to be the case here.

Must be hahn

Yeah, it's okay to name names...

Sounds like Hahn because his reputation precedes him. And as Orangeman mentioned, it's like he's trying to just come back into the forum after some time away, another MO...

But, that being said, if it's NOT Hahn, it would help naming names to clear the air... laugh-squared

• No question!

I like his stuff, but the jerking around of customers is wicked terrible.

Funinthesun could write a book about it!!

I must admit that with all of the problems that I have read on here with people placing orders and then not getting what they pay for in a timely manner the only way I would ever even consider buying any products from Bill from Hahn RaceCraft would be if it were at an event and whatever I was buying was going to be installed at that event right when I bought it

Mail order / on line - - - - no way, never, never never - - - I am sure Bill is a good guy who means well, but I don't buy products from anyone who will take my money or charge my card before a product actually ships - - there just too much that can and will go wrong

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Ebay exhaust system - poor quality!

I should have known better but, I wasted my money on this:

Ebay long tube header exhaust

s-l1600.jpg

In less than 500 miles, the muffler can internals began breaking down. Took the muffler off and I had a maraca.

So, I found another race muffler that would fit. I had to have my welder tig some v-band clamps and I thought I was good to go for a while.........nope.

A little over another 500 miles and the weld let go where the collector all meet to a single pipe. So, back to my welder. He did a great job and I was good to go for the season.........well.........not the full season.

At the end of the summer, things got loud. And, I had a clunk. Turns out another weld at the top cracked. The entire muffler can was now swinging like a tire swing. So, back to my welder.....AGAIN......he did a fantastic job, added a gusset so it could never happen again.

The exhaust is holding up great now. It hangs perfectly in my garage. Hasn't broke yet.

I am enjoying my Welter duals.

If anyone is looking at these ebay exhausts from "improvemotorsports" - don't, unless you want to brush up on your tig skills.

• It's interesting to read all of your thoughts on this, thanks for sharing! When I first got the sling a buddy told me when I asked him about exhaust and CAI if I was ever going to boost it to save my money. Still some of the best sling advice I got to this day.

The wife and I would probably debate this, but the electric blanket we added this fall is kinda BS. Probably better than nothing but with the air flow it's like a parachute. Picked up some of those thin seat warmers I can put under my seat covers to fix this but haven't done them yet!

My wife bought a stadium blanket for rides. It is water/wind proof on one side and soft cloth on the other. She says it works great for colder weather rides. I am going to have her buy another and cut it down so it will cover just my legs for the driver side

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE

• My wife bought a stadium blanket for rides. It is water/wind proof on one side and soft cloth on the other. She says it works great for colder weather rides. I am going to have her buy another and cut it down so it will cover just my legs for the driver side

I have a pair of 'snow mobile pants' that I ware for long cold rides.....

• My wife bought a stadium blanket for rides. It is water/wind proof on one side and soft cloth on the other. She says it works great for colder weather rides. I am going to have her buy another and cut it down so it will cover just my legs for the driver side

Sound like a Slingshot Snuggie!

Slingshot beginner (Nov 2020), 2019 S White/Black, Bullet Speed V-Back, with Blue Fire accents

• ...a short windshield. Got a great price on a low ripper tinted and hate it. My double bubble was far better... Looks really good though.

I'm going to the short "ripper" windshield this spring.

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

• Roger that

Find the taller wind screen and cut it down to as tall as you want. I know that you have a later model but I am running the 2015/2016 wind screen that has been cut down to the center bracket so that I can see over the top with out looking thru the wind screen, It is not hard to cut down. So far I have cut down around 6 wind screens for myself and others

• It's interesting to read all of your thoughts on this, thanks for sharing! When I first got the sling a buddy told me when I asked him about exhaust and CAI if I was ever going to boost it to save my money. Still some of the best sling advice I got to this day.

The wife and I would probably debate this, but the electric blanket we added this fall is kinda BS. Probably better than nothing but with the air flow it's like a parachute. Picked up some of those thin seat warmers I can put under my seat covers to fix this but haven't done them yet!

I think I know who told you that...

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...