New Boss Audio Double-Din MARINE Radio MRCP9865A

• I'm giving the boss radio a try. I ordered it and the double din kit from slingmods. Had my 8 channel amp tested and it looks good. I was told I had the gains and other adjustments way off. Bad enough so when I turned it up, it shut down protecting the amp. Should be in any day now. Lets see how bad I can screw this thing up. I was told a basic multi meter can help tune the amp to the speakers and subs. Going to bridge the 2 subs,.. that will take 4 channels. Hoping the other 4 channels can take the regular speakers,... 6 total,.. if I wire them correctly.

Follow this simple wiring diagram & you’ll be good to go...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• My slingshot is all stock radio equipment I don't have a amp hope to just pull old radio out and put the boss radio in. The speakers is it plug and play or do I have to wire them in the harness on the slingshot I am getting the scosche aftermarket stereo power harness is that all I need to do this little job

• The Scosche wire harness will get you power and access to the stock camera. If you are wanting to use stock speaker wires, there is a 32 pin connector behind the stereo black box that has the speaker wires in it. Somewhere on this site is a diagram for the wires. I pulled them out of the connector and used them for my 1st stereo (no amp) without splicing.

• So i have been looking at this 36 pin harness, Does anyone know if | get this harness will it give me power and speakers to my radio from this harness because i like it nice and neat, IF so i would get it from slingshot only I can not find it on slingmods please help me out in any way you can.

• Thank you for your input the slingshot is a 2017 sl, the Scosche aftermarket stereo power harness with oem backup camera integration for the polaris slingshot will give me power and backup camera, but will it hook up to stock speakers, I emailed slingmods they said it will hook up to amplifiers they did not say anything about hooking up to stock speakers if this works on stock speaker then grate I will buy all of it from slinmods just like to make sure that it will work on stock speakers before buying it but thank you again for your input.

• Thank you for your input the slingshot is a 2017 sl, the Scosche aftermarket stereo power harness with oem backup camera integration for the polaris slingshot will give me power and backup camera, but will it hook up to stock speakers, I emailed slingmods they said it will hook up to amplifiers they did not say anything about hooking up to stock speakers if this works on stock speaker then grate I will buy all of it from slinmods just like to make sure that it will work on stock speakers before buying it but thank you again for your input.

Might want to 'call' SlingMods and talk to them... jot some notes on questions before you call. most of the guys out there can get you the answers you will need.

• So i have been looking at this 36 pin harness, Does anyone know if | get this harness will it give me power and speakers to my radio from this harness because i like it nice and neat, IF so i would get it from slingshot only I can not find it on slingmods please help me out in any way you can.

My front stock speakers are hooked up to the head unit as well as rear hump deck speakers (behind top of my seat) I also have an amp under driver side seat that was pre-existing When I had my OEM stock head unit.

Everything runs perfect-the only thing I might do in the future is add a thin sub under passenger seat-@ this time I don't think it's necessary

Thank you for your input the slingshot is a 2017 sl, the Scosche aftermarket stereo power harness with oem backup camera integration for the polaris slingshot will give me power and backup camera, but will it hook up to stock speakers, I emailed slingmods they said it will hook up to amplifiers they did not say anything about hooking up to stock speakers if this works on stock speaker then grate I will buy all of it from slinmods just like to make sure that it will work on stock speakers before buying it but thank you again for your input.

• Turbobuick  BKL can anybody tell me if this Boss unit has the ability to pair blue tooth devices to it ., example blue tooth speakers, not that i need them but i do need the ability to pair my hearing aid remote to it , that way the ANDROID AUTO turn by turn directions will get piped into my hearing aids, cant hear shit from normal speakers clearly while driving, being a deaf dumb ass

• I am in the process of upgrading my stereo. There is a kicker - I have my very own German engineer ( mytoy ) doing fabrication and install - VERY COOL - pics to follow..

PS I have my regular job of keeping cold Dr Peppers at hand except now it’s German beer :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Turbobuick  BKL can anybody tell me if this Boss unit has the ability to pair blue tooth devices to it ., example blue tooth speakers, not that i need them but i do need the ability to pair my hearing aid remote to it , that way the ANDROID AUTO turn by turn directions will get piped into my hearing aids, cant hear shit from normal speakers clearly while driving, being a deaf dumb ass

Post 17 on the first page has a link to the manual. I have never used Android Auto (or Apple CarPlay, for that matter),but if your Android navigation app normally connects to your hearing aid, I'd assume you can still use that when connected via Android Auto, especially since Android Auto uses a USB cable to connect to your Android device, so presumably your phone can still maintain the BT connection to your hearing aid. Sorry for the long sentence, I think!:/

To be safe, try emailing Boss Audio support and ask them.

Try - https://support.bossaudio.com/…cket_form_id=360001119894

OR

https://support.bossaudio.com/hc/en-us.

• My 2019 has Ride Command with navigation and Bluetooth audio. If you replace the stock head unit with a Boss (I was looking at one on Slingmods yesterday) what happens to the info screen? Tells you last oil change, etc. Is there an app to install on the Carplay? Does it disable the HUD behind the steering wheel? I usually leave mine set to how many miles I have left before I have to refuel.

Glenn

• My 2019 has Ride Command with navigation and Bluetooth audio. If you replace the stock head unit with a Boss (I was looking at one on Slingmods yesterday) what happens to the info screen? Tells you last oil change, etc. Is there an app to install on the Carplay? Does it disable the HUD behind the steering wheel? I usually leave mine set to how many miles I have left before I have to refuel.

Glenn

You lose it.... that's why I wanted to add a system off the ride command and while it works it's not the same as a real radio with the proper channels as RC setup for left/right pretty much. Someone who can come out with a good higher end unit with tablet/big screen and integrates into ride command is going to make some $$$