Some tools you will need

• Go out and buy yourself a Torx bit set. Torx screws are used throughout the assembly. I had some from a cheap set of bits I used when doing some disassembly and now see how much I need a good set. I have them on order.

• Not just bits, if you tinker with your sling a lot, go ahead and get a set of T-handles for torx as well as a torx socket set for 3/8" drive

I like these, made in the USA, you'll pay a bit more : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RH08B8/

The socket set I have I picked up at harbor freight, don't have a link handy since I bought them in the store. It gives you more versatility when working with various stubborn or hard to reach areas.

For example, the trakhamr axles are held on with a Torx T-55 bolts, hard to get to, takes a few extensions to do it easily. Chevrolet didn't make it easy :)

• Is that part of their “Knuckle Buster” series (when the pot metal snaps while you’re applying maximum torque)?

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I've found the wobble socket extensions from Harbor Freight are invaluable. They help you get into spots you cannot reach otherwise!

I've been using the Husky brand from home depot, while it's not made in the US, they do have a lifetime warranty and seem to be a bit better than the harbor freight tools.

• If I am only going to use a tool a couple of times a year, I will take a chance on Harbor Freight or Menard's tools.

If I'm going to use it once a month or oftener, I want Craftsman or Snap On.

• I agree openair 100%.

The only thing I'll add is that Craftsman brand has gone down hill, no longer made in the US, and while you can get warranty returns at Lowes now, I don't know that process, I haven't tried it yet, not needing to replace one in years from Sears.

I have never used Snapon, and if I was going to shop for a new tool set, I'd likely look at them. I have a pretty good selection now, just needing to add ones here and there for one-off jobs. Some of them I've picked up at HF, some at Home Depot, and a few on Amazon, like the t-handles that no other place seemed to have for quality stuff.

• I bought all three 1/8 inch sets from Northern Tool. The Torx and the Metric and the Standard allen sets. I also bought the small 3 inch long 1/8 inch ratchet. There is not a day goes by if working in the Playroom that I do not lay hands on one of the four of these

• I know a lot of people do not like harbor freight lol. I do like craftsman and the other name brand tools, but I can say this most of mine are harbor freight and I do abuse them and so far I have not had issues with them. I agree they are made of cheaper quality, but so far so good.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• I got tired of cheap allan wrenches myself and got these wera ones from amazon. Been over a year now and still holding up like new - have a set of their torx as well and the heads are holding up good despite the wife abusing them when she can't figure out if metric or standard head so goes torx :D

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/pr…_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Harbor Freight has different grades of tools. You can pick up some things and know that they are pure crap.

If you look around they have some tools that have performed alot better than any brand name tool. They have some of the best extendable handle ratchets I have used. And the handles have a rubber cover on them to keep them from knocking the paint off.

They have some good metric sockets and torx sockets if you get the good ones.

I haven't tried the ratchet wrenches yet so I can't tell if they are nuckel busters.

This may be just me being picky but the screwdrivers are terrible.

• I agree with Rab. Screwdrivers are poor quality. I have stood on a 15/16 box wrench when I weighed 400 lbs tying to get a spindle nut loose and it did not break. It was the Pittsburgh brand. I have been using those black air sockets there for years. I did just recently buy the t-handle allen wrench set. Can't judge them yet. Everything I have taken loose on the sling with them wasn't tight anyway.=O=O. When I changed windshield, I coulda turned bolts with my finger.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• I agree with Rab. Screwdrivers are poor quality. I have stood on a 15/16 box wrench when I weighed 400 lbs tying to get a spindle nut loose and it did not break. It was the Pittsburgh brand. I have been using those black air sockets there for years. I did just recently buy the t-handle allen wrench set. Can't judge them yet. Everything I have taken loose on the sling with them wasn't tight anyway.=O=O. When I changed windshield, I coulda turned bolts with my finger.

You are the Man. Turning bolts with your hand. What muscles you have!

Keep Three Wheels Down