2020 headlight mod on a 2016 SS

• Here are some pics of the front end mod I did on my 2016. I really like the new 2020 front end but not enough to spend $$ on a new SS. I bought this kit from UAS and installed myself and love it.   

• The kit includes the right and left light housings with lights and lower gap fillers with lights. You get the center headlight mount plus Polaris headlight and new nose cone. You can also buy pieces of the kit if you do not want the entire kit. You can buy the standard black or have the pieces painted to match your SS.

• Love it, I was waiting for someone on this forum to install this kit. How hard was the install? I have also seen a few facebook post of people using all oem hardware but I have heard that some trimming is required. Also when ordering what is the controller? Is there much splicing/wiring involved? Would really love as much information as you can give because this will prob be my next mod.

• I have not had to do any trimming with this kit. I did buy new bolts with a smaller head for the right and left lights because the factory bolt head is to big. Once installed there was a gap because it would not go in all the way due to the angle of the light housing. I do not have the controller but I think you need it for the amber lights to work with your turn signals. I wired mine but had issues with my flashers working with the key off.

The hardest part to change out is the nose cone. You have to remove the hood panels. There are videos on YouTube I watched. The inserts are held down with double back tape that is why they are so hard to remove. You have to be careful not to break them. I took my time and used lots off water to help separate them. Whatever you do, do not rush the removal. The person in the YouTube video used something other then water but I didn’t want to take a chance of damaging he paint.

The lower gap fillers require you to

Install 3 self tapping screws into the backside of the spittler on both sides. you install double back tape on the other side to help keep it in place. I didn’t think they were secure enough so I did a few things to make sure they don’t move. I cut a piece of round pvc and wedged it in between the upper part of the gap filler and the frame. I also used a couple of zip ties. I added a couple of pics showing this.

The kit comes with the center light bracket and Polaris light. You will need to relocate the hood latch down by the grill and cut out a section in the grill. I have not driven late at night to test the lighting but the center light is very bright. I think it will be fine once I do some adjusting. You will need to splice the wires with the parking wire and turn signal wire on each side. I attached the ground to the frame. The only issue I noticed was my flashers do not work with the key off only with it on. I added quick disconnects so I can disconnnect the wires from the turn signal wires if needed. I contacted UAS about this but they did not give me a solution so I figured it out myself.

I really love the new look. I did take my time doing the install but it really is not difficult.

Here are some videos to help with the install I found on YouTube. UAS are supposed to be releasing some new videos.

Videos 2-8

• I am not sure how long it will take because I did it a little bit at a time. You can do the front lights and gap filler pretty quick. It will take longer to do the nose cone replacement because of having to disassemble the hood panels.

I spent $1500 for the black kit which is the cheapest. I ordered it very early when UAS was taking preorders. I think the price has increased since.

• UPDATE:

I modified the new nose cone on the sides. The ends that go under the left and right fender. I noticed the front end was not lining up correctly when the hood is down. I ground off a little at a time and did a fit test! I think it lines up better now then it did with the factory nose cone.

• I do love this conversion but I'm just not going to cut my nosecone or take the hood apart to replace it.

I've got my old nosecone from my conversion if you want it, it's big enough that it may take a little cost to ship it, won't fit any of the USPS flat rate boxes.

That way, you can cut yours, if it works, great, and if you goof it up, you have a spare (would have to split the hood to put it on).

• I've got my old nosecone from my conversion if you want it, it's big enough that it may take a little cost to ship it, won't fit any of the USPS flat rate boxes.

That way, you can cut yours, if it works, great, and if you goof it up, you have a spare (would have to split the hood to put it on).

I appreciate that, but my wife has cut me off for the season!! Next Season.... DDM SUPERCHARGER!!!