• Does anyone have the guys information? If he was to supply the tool (hole saw) and decent instructions he could be selling it. Don't think the retailers and vendors are not taking note. 10 to 1 they are already working something out either with the guy or on their own. It's what i would be doing if in their place. It's the small guy that did it first I worry about. He needs to respond so others can start buying or risk the DIY method to prevail.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I would probably let him do it but I'm definitely not drilling that size hole in my hood. If he doesn't want to share what he's doing someone needs to give him the dates of next years SSITS event so he can plan to be there all week....and bring lots of product with him.

• I would probably let him do it but I'm definitely not drilling that size hole in my hood. If he doesn't want to share what he's doing someone needs to give him the dates of next years SSITS event so he can plan to be there all week....and bring lots of product with him.

He mentioned a kit that comes with instructions and a hole saw. If he's not charging too much for it I think it would be pretty easy to do.

• He mentioned a kit that comes with instructions and a hole saw. If he's not charging too much for it I think it would be pretty easy to do.

That may be doable especially if he had a template for the holes. I just hate the thought of drilling holes thru the painted parts, especially up front where everyone can see the holes aren't straight... =O

• Guys, I posted the man responsible.... It is @mniron .

My opinion on this is that you should PM him and let him supply you with what you need. This is a good fix for a problematic area on the sling. I don't think he wants to become a vendor and I don't think this site owner would give him any problems.

I personally get a little upset when an owner comes up with a great idea and everyone wants to copy it buying parts trying to save a couple of dollars!

We are not on the Darkside anymore!

• I believe they'll have to if they want his secrets or hardware since the manufacturer is outta stock! @mniron was awesome and if he's got a kit that's the route I would go without question.

• Agree @Painter . This is why I didn't post up what it was and from where in the beginning. People are smart and those that can do it themselves will find away. I just want @mniron to be involved early so that he does not get lost in all this. I'm not saying another vendor is going to do it only that if they read this thread and see an unfulfilled need than they may try to take care of it. It will be important for those on this forum to remember where it came from and make the educated purchase.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I am sorry that I have been MIA. I am greatful for all of the interest of the hood buttons. I have not taken the time to read the posts and have been contacted by a number of you for these. I am a wholesale buyer and will be putting these kits together with a complete set of instructions with a plastic hole saw. I am confident that most of you can install these on your own. I took the opportunity to to display these at Maggie Valley as I know word would get around. I have over 3000 miles on mine and have not failed me once.

Now I asked you all to be patient as I get these kits together as I had the misfortune to hydro plane off the I-40 at Crossville, TN into one of their famous V-ditches, shot up and through a woven and barbed wire fence coming to a stop on the frontage road at 1 pm Sunday. I just got back on the road 100 miles ago and am taking a break as both myself and my wife are quite sore from the ordeal. Mavis ended up I the ER as the barbed wire cut her across the bridge of her nose and under her right eye and also suffered a cracked rib. I am suffering from a very sore back from the impact at the bottom of the ditch. I spent the last two days dealing with the Tennesee Highway Patrol, the insurance company, then getting the front lowers removed, cleaning the mud, grass, leaves, etc from the under body and wheels, getting the slingshot up on jacks and completing a thorough inspection. I am back on the road as I have mentioned and the slingshot is performing flawlessly. I will expand on our ordeal with some pictures after I make it home and have more in order.

Thank you all in advance for the well wishes. More Later

• I am sorry that I have been MIA. I am greatful for all of the interest of the hood buttons. I have not taken the time to read the posts and have been contacted by a number of you for these. I am a wholesale buyer and will be putting these kits together with a complete set of instructions with a plastic hole saw. I am confident that most of you can install these on your own. I took the opportunity to to display these at Maggie Valley as I know word would get around. I have over 3000 miles on mine and have not failed me once.

Now I asked you all to be patient as I get these kits together as I had the misfortune to hydro plane off the I-40 at Crossville, TN into one of their famous V-ditches, shot up and through a woven and barbed wire fence coming to a stop on the frontage road at 1 pm Sunday. I just got back on the road 100 miles ago and am taking a break as both myself and my wife are quite sore from the ordeal. Mavis ended up I the ER as the barbed wire cut her across the bridge of her nose and under her right eye and also suffered a cracked rib. I am suffering from a very sore back from the impact at the bottom of the ditch. I spent the last two days dealing with the Tennesee Highway Patrol, the insurance company, then getting the front lowers removed, cleaning the mud, grass, leaves, etc from the under body and wheels, getting the slingshot up on jacks and completing a thorough inspection. I am back on the road as I have mentioned and the slingshot is performing flawlessly. I will expand on our ordeal with some pictures after I make it home and have more in order.

Thank you all in advance for the well wishes. More Later

I'm very sorry to hear this!! On the plus side it could have been much worse. On the down side that's a horrible way to finish off the smokies. I'm glad you're both okay. My wife and I were just discussing how nice the two of you are and how much time you took going above and beyond to make sure the install was perfect. It is, by the way. Rest up and work the soreness out. Your racing fans will wait for you!

• After reading this thread and taking a look at the AeroCatch product, I found this on EBay -
    Universal Black Racing Mount Bonnet Carbon Fiber Hood Pins Latch Key Locking Kit | eBay
    I've been thinking for a while about installing some rear hood pins to make sure the hood can't pop up if the latches let go, but haven't gotten around to filming the vertical motion as the hood opens to make sure it lifts vertically before starting to lift forward. I was also looking for something with sufficient contact area to spread any pressure evenly around the hole to minimize chances of cracking the hood. The Ebay units are reportedly 2.5", so this may be a good start if I want to place some wider reinforcement to the under side of the hood. I was thinking about trying to locate the hood pins in the black accent strips towards the rear portion of the hood and fabricating some type of mount that would rest on the two frame tubes on each side of the engine compartment.
    EBay also has locking pins similar to the AeroCatch product starting around $20.

I Would be afraid of the locks getting water in them, rusting internally, and being unusable. then you are screwed. Better off with the kit he is selling IMHO.