New to this group

• Hello! I recently purchased my 2019 Slingshot SLR and picking it up this coming Tuesday. I wanted to say hello and see if anyone in located in the Northern VA area. I live in Fairfax and would love to make new friends!!

• Welcome to the most informative Slingshot site known to man.I myself just purchased the same Sling(2019 SLR Pearl Red) as you at the beginning of the year.And since then,being on here I have learned sooooo much about these things.Everyone is so helpful and understanding to things you do not know.If you want to look for some info on a particular thing,just hit the search icon on the upper right of the screen and type in your question.I am pretty sure it has been asked before and you will find your answer.Congrats and welcome.

• [quote='Funinthesun','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/9235-new-to-this-group/&postID=310614#post310614']

Welcome to the group. Make sure you get your vaccination, because once you have your slingshot, there is no cure and the effects are HIGHLY contagious

[/quote]

It’s not about a cure if you have a big wallet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Hello! I recently purchased my 2019 Slingshot SLR and picking it up this coming Tuesday. I wanted to say hello and see if anyone in located in the Northern VA area. I live in Fairfax and would love to make new friends!!

There are plenty of Slings in Virginia and on this Forum. You just need to add your location to your info section and the Slinger's in your area will include you to what is going on. There is also a section on here (I do not know how much it is used) as to your area at the bottom of the main page.

• There are plenty of Slings in Virginia and on this Forum. You just need to add your location to your info section and the Slinger's in your area will include you to what is going on. There is also a section on here (I do not know how much it is used) as to your area at the bottom of the main page.

ok i will make sure to include it in my profile. ty for the input!

• May I ask about the 500 mile break in period? is the only oil change done or are there other things that I need to check? I did look at the owners manual and this is all it says

1. Fill the fuel tank with gasoline. Heed the fuel warnings found in your Owner's Manual.

2. Check the oil level. See your Owner's Manual. Add the recommended oil as needed to maintain the oil level between the safe and add marks.

3. Vary speed. Do not drive at a constant speed, whether fast or slow. Do not drive at sustained idle.

4. Avoid full-throttle starts and do not drive at full throttle.

5. Do not exceed 70mph (113km/h).

6. Avoid the use of downshifting to brake or slow the vehicle.

7. Avoid making hard stops for the first 200 miles (322km).

8. Perform regular checks on fluid levels, controls and areas outlined on the daily pre-ride inspection checklist found in your Owner's Manual.

9. Change both the engine oil and filter at 500 miles (800km).

• I forget what is in the owners manual but they should be checking over the Sling again to see if they missed anything on their before sale inspection. It would not hurt for you to check everything that you know how to do before the 500 mile oil change. Other than that "Drive it like you stole it" Ride Safe and Watch Out For the Other Driver

• Welcome. You will find some of the most giving and considerate people you can imagine on this site. I too was a Newbie on this site two years ago. Buying your Sling wasn't the happiest day of the experience. The happiest day was when you found this site, you just don't know it yet.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• We have a great local group known as the 'DMV Wrecking Crew'. Our rides generally started with a communal feast somewhere but with the restrictions (getting lifted gradually) we have not ridden together this year. ethermion lives in Fairfax County, but like others in the area enjoys rides out in my area in Culpeper County and beyond. Send me your contact info at andyhatch@live.com and I will include you in future day trip cruises.

• DongkatsuSLR t doesn't hurt to throw a little grease in the rear U-joint. I don't know when Polaris recommends it but many owners have reported noise and/or movement from it if it doesn't get greased. For me it was around 2k miles. I do it every oil change. Most people access it through the rear cup holder and you will need a specific needle to service it (searches are not my strong suit - someone will likely post which one or a link to the info). Welcome aboard!

Edit: I did a quick search and found it - in the garage. My grease needle is a Lincoln 5803. I think there's a couple different ones that work.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• DongkatsuSLR t doesn't hurt to throw a little grease in the rear U-joint. I don't know when Polaris recommends it but many owners have reported noise and/or movement from it if it doesn't get greased. For me it was around 2k miles. I do it every oil change. Most people access it through the rear cup holder and you will need a specific needle to service it (searches are not my strong suit - someone will likely post which one or a link to the info). Welcome aboard!

Edit: I did a quick search and found it - in the garage. My grease needle is a Lincoln 5803. I think there's a couple different ones that work.

Curious, my rear U-joint has a regular zerk fitting on it. Albeit, I have to find a grease gun with a very small, flexible rubber hose, but did the earlier model-year Slings not have a zerk fitting?

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

Welcome to the "World of Slingshot Insanity" I had my first oil change on Saturday after picking it up on a Wed. and had 1200 miles on the Slingshot. You do want that first service to be done by a dealer (hopefully you've got a good one) so it's recorded for any possible warrantee work. Check out http://www.Slingshotroadsters.com for rallies coming up.

• Curious, my rear U-joint has a regular zerk fitting on it. Albeit, I have to find a grease gun with a very small, flexible rubber hose, but did the earlier model-year Slings not have a zerk fitting?

Take the regular grease gun and add about 10 inches of 1/8 inch pipe to it and then add the small needle end to that. That makes it real easy to grease the U-Joint.

• Take the regular grease gun and and about 10 inches of 1/8 inch pipe to it and then add the small needle end to that. That makes it real easy to grease the U-Joint.

Am I supposed to stick the needle into the zerk fitting? I didn't know that could be done... 🤔

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"