another top option

• forgive me if this has been posted before, but I just saw this over on slingmods for the first time today - a new top bt Thermal R&D - Raptor roof top system

Thermal R&D Raptor Top

polaris-slingshot-raptor-roof-top-system-thermal-5.jpg

polaris-slingshot-raptor-roof-top-system-thermal-2.jpg

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• looks like it has more headroom than a lot of them by looking at how it sticks up above roll bars...

all of the top panels are made out of aluminum and can be removed by simply removing the 1/4 turn fasteners

• Looks very similar to the TD Gullwing that I have. One thing I note with the TDGW is that I have to look thru the front panel to see street lights. With that one being aluminum, you cant do that. Like the panels are removable so maybe just leave that one off. Price is less than TDGW too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• The raised center is for the optional overhead speaker system...

They missed on another option... a vent.

Might make a big difference in that low pressure area.

Nitpicking...

Subdue the brand logo and secure with high vis fasteners.

Removable panels...

Those will be where you left them...

But, you probably won't crack them.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I can speak to the part of the vent in the top, it does work. The UP Top has the vent and I added diverters (3) to turn the air down into the cockpit last summer and it really worked. I now have air flow in the cockpit. I do tknow why I had not tried this 3 years ago.

• Well, I like the way it looks, and it looks very well made, but the one big thing that would concern me here in the desert would be that its all black powder coated metal - - I can guarantee that sitting in our sun that thing is going to get hotter than hell and will most likely burn if you were to put your hand on it - - heck when I park here at work each day this time of year through September I have to lay a towel over the seat to keep the sun off of it - if I don't I cant even sit in it at the end of work its so dang hot - - - - I would also be concerned that black metal panels right above my head would radiate heat into the cockpit - - the last thing I need is more heat

Not in the market for a top anyway, heck don't use the one I have, but if I were I think one of the tops with the canvas over the frame might have fewer heat issues

• Looks nice.

Price is a bit steep but.......

Wonder if the cage is as heavy duty as some of the other better ones?

Also, the rear end part does seem excessively long.. Kinda fugly on that portion...

Maybe it doubles as a wing and does that duty too.?.?.?.

Thanks for sharing,

Webby

• Well, I like the way it looks, and it looks very well made, but the one big thing that would concern me here in the desert would be that its all black powder coated metal - - I can guarantee that sitting in our sun that thing is going to get hotter than hell and will most likely burn if you were to put your hand on it - - heck when I park here at work each day this time of year through September I have to lay a towel over the seat to keep the sun off of it - if I don't I cant even sit in it at the end of work its so dang hot - - - - I would also be concerned that black metal panels right above my head would radiate heat into the cockpit - - the last thing I need is more heat

Not in the market for a top anyway, heck don't use the one I have, but if I were I think one of the tops with the canvas over the frame might have fewer heat issues

I can guarantee you will not be able to touch the underside with your bare hand without getting burnt

that’s why I put this mirror stuff on my roof...it’s dark See thru plexiglass....Now in the sun you can touch the underside and it’s cool to the touch....

• I think it looks better on the Slingshot than Polaris's Top. The Slingshot has lots of angular lines and the Polaris Top is too rounded IMO.

The factory roof definitely has that swoop look to it. I would imagine that the designers were heavily focused on the side profile picking up the line from the rear fin.

I think this one looks like good quality and I do like the front and mid lines.

From the roll hoops forward, I think this is one of the best looking tops I have seen.

If the rear had similar lines as the TDGW, I think this could be a #1 pick for those looking for a permanent top.

• I believe this is the one that Scott with SSO wrote about on Book Face. Here is his post:

If you cant lead follow. My competitor launched another copy cat product. Thanks for proving we are the best at what we do. defiantly showing who you really are. Exhausts/Wings/Mats/throttle response chip and now Roofs. You cant beat the best and all new products have many issues to work out. Cant wait to one day see an actual new product out of you.. Until then we will continue to lead the way. Thanks for the compliment.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Not bad looking until you get to the roll hoops from there back it is just fugly!

Too square to go with the shape of the sling

I think the top original version of this top has much nicer lines wish it was in the budget for my wife.

I agree with you Mitch. With the roof panels not being see through like the original gull wing I don't think I would like that at all. I don't think SSO will be loosing too many customers.

That back end is fugly <X

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• I believe this is the one that Scott with SSO wrote about on Book Face. Here is his post:

If you cant lead follow. My competitor launched another copy cat product. Thanks for proving we are the best at what we do. defiantly showing who you really are. Exhausts/Wings/Mats/throttle response chip and now Roofs. You cant beat the best and all new products have many issues to work out. Cant wait to one day see an actual new product out of you.. Until then we will continue to lead the way. Thanks for the compliment.

Very classy... confused-squared

Like SSO has never copied anything... bored-squared