What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• I do not think any of the coil overs on the market have enough adjustment in them to make belt tension an issue. Where I have seen this be an issue is with air ride and guys wanting to make a good amount of power. We've had them here at ZZP and if the air ride was not at the proper height, the belt would skip trying to do a power pull both on the dyno and the street. Initially we thought the belt was not adjusted properly so we set the height to stock and adjusted the belt. When left in that position there was no issue but once the sling was raised up or down from that position we would have issues under heavy loads. I've never had this issue with an non boosted sling however. I just don't think there is enough power being generated to skip the belt. But large changes in the geometry of the swing arm does have an effect on belt tension. What we ended up doing is having the owner set the ride height to their most common height and set it as a preset on the controller and adjust the belt to that height specifically. This helped circumnavigate the issue with the belt skipping under heavy loads.

Thanks... the person said they sent an email to your company... I just posted here because there is usually never a follow up by the person on FB regarding what they were told.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Thanks... the person said they sent an email to your company... I just posted here because there is usually never a follow up by the person on FB regarding what they were told.

Odd, I wonder when they sent the email? I spend a lot of time doing live tech support and answering emails and will have anything slingshot related forwarded to me generally. I was out of the office last Thur to Sun but have been here answering emails all week. Can you tell me what group that was in? I'd like to go search it out.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Odd, I wonder when they sent the email? I spend a lot of time doing live tech support and answering emails and will have anything slingshot related forwarded to me generally. I was out of the office last Thur to Sun but have been here answering emails all week. Can you tell me what group that was in? I'd like to go search it out.

Polaris Slingshot Owners...

Here is the post... The Posters name is Tyler Garrett

Yesterday I finally installed these 2 way Monotube Coilovers by DDMWorks after getting on a Black Friday. Can I drop it 1 inch in height all the way around without putting too much tension on belt or would I need an adjustment after? I’m also curious on the dampening adjustment to get a ride that will be best on curvy roads. I am new to adjusting shocks so I have emailed DDM with some more questions but haven’t got a reply back yet.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/942395605778783

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Ah, yeah. I don't think I saw that one. That was regarding an email to DDM. I work for ZZP.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• There was a question today on FB that made me think about this...

If one uses the adjustable shocks and lowers or raises the Slingshot does the belt need to be adjusted because it would be too loose or too tight?

Thanks

It may or may not need adjustment, really depends on how tight or loose the belt was previously. Since the belt tension on the 3 wheel Slingshots can be kinda all over the place from dealers, it really is something that should be checked and when doing the coilovers and changing ride height, that is a pretty good time to check, just to make sure.

Another thing to check is the alignment, once again, typically when installing coilovers and changing the ride height slightly, alignment changes probably are not needed, but it is a good time to check that also. Once again, from the dealers we see the stock alignments all over the place also, so a good idea to look at it.

• Yeap, we saw his email the following morning, it came in around 10pm the previous night, got him taken care of first thing in the morning and talked to him on the phone, he is all good to go :)

• I think a lot of factors go into answering that question. I do a belt check before every ride for wear and alignment ( same thing I do with my Bike) If you are thrashing it , weather, Power ,a lot of factors go into it. Typically they last quite a bit but it really depends on the bike and the rider.

If winners never quit and quitter never win, Why do we tell people to quit while they are ahead? :00000003:

• 2015 with around 103,000 miles, pushed hard but never jerked around and no donuts. I have never had a belt adjustment and have had no problems. Now with the 2016 with 30,000 miles it had a squeal and had the dealer to adjust and now I have no problems.

• 2015 with around 103,000 miles, pushed hard but never jerked around and no donuts. I have never had a belt adjustment and have had no problems. Now with the 2016 with 30,000 miles it had a squeal and had the dealer to adjust and now I have no problems.

And don’t use brakes either. No sir, no abuse here. Just really good driving.

Is that about right FunCycle ?

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Page 51 of my 2015 Owner's Manual states the belt should be inspected every 5000 miles thru 50K miles and then every 50K thereafter thru 150K miles, so I would take that to mean an expected belt life in excess of 150K miles. Of course, harder driving or add-ons such as boost may result in a shorter belt life, but 150K sounds like a good average for belt life for a well-maintained belt.

• What about clutches with just regular normal driving and stock engine?

......well to answer that question , I have a stock engine and my clutches BLEW UP on the highway, now I'm not aware if I'm the only one this has happen to but I do know that changing the clutches is a time consuming job, one that I enjoyed , giving me the chance to learn more about this vehicle but one that I hope never happens again !

• ......well to answer that question , I have a stock engine and my clutches BLEW UP on the highway, now I'm not aware if I'm the only one this has happen to but I do know that changing the clutches is a time consuming job, one that I enjoyed , giving me the chance to learn more about this vehicle but one that I hope never happens again !

Story time... did you miss a shift or it just grenade on you?

If winners never quit and quitter never win, Why do we tell people to quit while they are ahead? :00000003:

• Story time... did you miss a shift or it just grenade on you?

......who knows, all i know is i was getting it in on the highway and all of a sudden i heard a sound that was VERY unfamiliar and shifting gears wasnt possible, so luckily I was able to drift to the next exit and got it home on a flatbed...... I knew I was going to be aggressive with this vehicle when I bought it so when the clutches blew i wasn't mad at all, in fact im Happy it happened because DDMs upgraded performance clutch feels so much better and I'm still beating it up 2 years later......

This is what you have to go thru to change your clutches....

• MADDMOE I thought guys were pulling the engine and tranny as a unit, but I see you pulled the engine only. Did you have any issues getting it back in? Was it easier this way? I'm nowhere near needing a clutch unless the unexpected happens like it did to you, but since I don't plan to ever sell it it's gonna happen someday.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)