What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• You Sir are a man among men - did you actually say bring the bride and pack lightly?? It has been my experience that statement to be an oxymoron. I get 1 pair jeans, 1 pair socks, and t shirts. All other available space is for things my bride can’t possibly live without which requires a Supercrew truck and trailer to make trips anymore. Why I live in MV now - don’t have to pack anymore 😂

Bill, I think that's TMI. So does that mean you go COMANDO whenever you travel?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Bill, I think that's TMI. So does that mean you go COMANDO whenever you travel?

TMI, but then you ask for more I?

=O

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• When EjFord said to hide your credit card when you buy a Sling.. he wasn't kidding.. I am fighting the restraint.. and I only have 50 miles on it..

Get lots of seat time in before going to NUTZ. So many neat things we can do and if you rush it --- next week you will see something that you rally want and the thing you bought first won't work with the new item..

• Get lots of seat time in before going to NUTZ. So many neat things we can do and if you rush it --- next week you will see something that you rally want and the thing you bought first won't work with the new item..

Exactly said correctly there is probably a lot of things that I bought that didn’t fit my idea. Some I could get my money back from but he drives a James Bond machine lol

• why not just buy a second one and put the older parts on that one... ( dont let my wife hear me say that)

I have a friend who was never on a motorcycle until Apr 2015 and I took him for a short ride....he now has one for him, one for his wife, one for his daughter, getting one ready for his 14 year old granddaughter and a couple of spare in the garage. Now he needs to build a 50x 60 building just to keep the toys in.

• I have a friend who was never on a motorcycle until Apr 2015 and I took him for a short ride....he now has one for him, one for his wife, one for his daughter, getting one ready for his 14 year old granddaughter and a couple of spare in the garage. Now he needs to build a 50x 60 building just to keep the toys in.

I know who that is.

• I talk a big game but it was all little stuff at this point.

Car cover, F1 Mats, NRG dash mount, DDM Coolant tank, Cold Air intake, ZSW skid plate, center consol bag, Bar wraps, and one or two other things.

Next I think I am going to order hood extensions. Then I will look into the powder coat engine bits.

Also for the SLingshade is the only way to get one through a dealer? I do want it color match it to the body color and it seems like I can get raw and have painted or go through a dealer.

If winners never quit and quitter never win, Why do we tell people to quit while they are ahead? :00000003:

• One note on the Slingshade... If you are tall it will block your view a lot. I am 6'2" and at stop lights I did have to lean forward to see the lights.... Just a note..

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Parts, parts and more parts - it's like I have a stock sling again and just found Slingmods/DDM/ZZP. now swap those vendors for Summit Racing or Jegs as they getting the $$ now.

Conversion pieces ordered from Bullet Speed - motor mounts, headers, water pump, accessory bracket, and fabBot conversion for the motor. Coil pack relocation kit, Fuel pump mount, ABS delete, and power steering motor/plate, all for the conversion. Have to say to Bob has been great to talk to and work with. Cheap isn't in his vocabulary however seeing all the billet/fancyness in the pics of what I have coming - I like it and don't mind paying for the experience and time it took to figure some of this all out.

Ordered the ECM as well and went with the Holley terminator X (max version for drive by wire, will also support automatic trans if I do that later). I've seen a lot of haltec setups and I want something different and like the way the Holley has a lot of options and most importantly tuners in my area that know it. They knew of haltecs but didn't have a lot of experience tuning them. I also like how the dash has a bazillion configurations for gauges, simulated switches, etc. What I'm not sure is really how the waterproof ratings are. Looks like haltec might be better per their specs, it is in a plastic case too. Holley dash says in water resistant aluminum case and then I'm adding a bezel to help. We'll just have to see I guess. I also like how you can link these displays, so while I'll use one where my gauges are as those stock gauges are out...and could put 2nd where ride command is if we don't put a new radio there. Options...

I have a set of LS3 heads and a new oil pan for this motor. Still need the intake/dbw throttle body, injectors, fuel system (pump, filters, regulator, and all the line and connectors to build the return system) and a cam. Can't decide on the cam although I'm almost sold on the Elgin e1840p sloppy 2). I need to call some tech places today and get some opinions on which of theirs they would recommend so I can compare those cam specs and go from there.

Doing this one different, getting all the pieces in hand, motor ready to drop in, manuals and instructions read, and then getting this started to minimize downtime. It's been fun though learning more and trying to research so I buy/cry once - really looking forward to this swap and looks like a few locals already trying to be 1st to get my current motor that isn't for sale yet...