What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Yes it will. I gave away a +6 because it was like riding in an oven when it was installed. I gave it a chance the first summer that I had Sling II.

Windshields and roofs represent allot of tradeoffs in my opinion. they can provide protection from the sun/rain and make the cockpit quieter and more conducive to conversation, but they also can greatly reduce airflow and hold in the heat

For me here in the desert I have ended up minimizing my windshield by going to the double bubbles - - really crapy if you want to hear the radio or talk, but great airflow even when stopped. I also ended up ditching my meansling top it did keep the sun off, but stopped a at a light it was like a freaking oven - - - I love the look of these nascar windshields - other than my double bubbles I think it is by far the best looking, but I need my airflow

in the end I think the best option all depend on where you live and when you ride

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Windshields and roofs represent allot of tradeoffs in my opinion. they can provide protection from the sun/rain and make the cockpit quieter and more conducive to conversation, but they also can greatly reduce airflow and hold in the heat

For me here in the desert I have ended up minimizing my windshield by going to the double bubbles - - really crapy if you want to hear the radio or talk, but great airflow even when stopped. I also ended up ditching my meansling top it did keep the sun off, but stopped a at a light it was like a freaking oven - - - I love the look of these nascar windshields - other than my double bubbles I think it is by far the best looking, but I need my airflow

in the end I think the best option all depend on where you live and when you ride

My wind screens are the stock screens, cut down to 1/4 inch above the center brace. All of the dash holes have been plugged up as best that I could do. I also have my home made air scoops dumping air into the foot wells. My roof also has scoops that work dumping air into the cockpit.

• the heck with a turbo I would prefer a a/c.

sometime back I remember reading about an outfit that was working on adapting an A/C to the slingshot, but I never heard what became of it.

If you think about it for the EcoTec Slingshots all of the parts needed are readily available off of many different cars - - just a matter of making them fit

• Whipped out the vinyl cutter and played with an idea for the side of the Slingshot. Not sure if I'll keep it or not, and also not sure if it will "stick" -- had a bear of a time getting some adhesion in spots.

Before trying to apply the vynal clean the surface with a little rubbing alcohal. After clean & wax area... I have vynal graphics and lettering on my 2016 that have been going strong for 95,000+ miles.

• I've been running the Tallboy +2 windshield since shortly after it came out several years ago. I'm around 6ft and have found that I can look in the small gap between the top of the windshield and the front crossbar on my TD Top. I find this helps when caught in rain.

I attribute any heat issues in the cockpit to the hot air that leaks thru the plastic "firewall" thru the hole around the steering wheel and the foot pedals. I keep telling myself I'll try to add more insulation to reduce this heat source, but just haven't gotten around to it. I also removed the mudguards behind the front wheels and feel that does a good job of providing additional airflow into the cockpit.

Th only problem I had with the Tallboy +2 was that I had trouble initially installing the windshield because it was hitting the hood. I ended up drilling new holes in the top of the dash so I could mount the windshield a little farther back for more clearance between the front edge of the windshield mount and the hood.

• Before trying to apply the vynal clean the surface with a little rubbing alcohal. After clean & wax area... I have vynal graphics and lettering on my 2016 that have been going strong for 95,000+ miles.

Yup, used alcohol to clean it. I think my adhesion may be the (lack of) quality of my "test vinyl" material used on the lettering. If it doesn't last I'll get some Avery vinyl or something.

But thanks for the tip!

• Finally decided to yank off the mud guard/fenders today. Figured that instead of continuing to ask questions it was better to just go for it - - - actually now that their off I really like the look. Not even sure I am going to bother covering the holes. I think they don't look that bad at all and why not let the openings act as vents? - - - - either way I am going to drive it for some time before I decide if I want to deal with covering the holes

• Windshields and roofs represent allot of tradeoffs in my opinion. they can provide protection from the sun/rain and make the cockpit quieter and more conducive to conversation, but they also can greatly reduce airflow and hold in the heat

LOL, when going down the highway I am thinking your previous MadStad windshield should have provided you with ample ventilation when in the up position, ours seems to? And boy do I agree with you concerning the top, that is why we only install ours in the winter time to help keep the passenger compartment comfier during those cooler rides.

Bill

• LOL, when going down the highway I am thinking your previous MadStad windshield should have provided you with ample ventilation when in the up position, ours seems to? And boy do I agree with you concerning the top, that is why we only install ours in the winter time to help keep the passenger compartment comfier during those cooler rides.

Bill

wjfyfe - I think you are confusing me with someone else - I have never owned any of the MadStad products. only other windshield I have had was the stock one that came on my 2016 SL - - in fact I still have it sitting on a shelf in my garage

• Yep, for some reason I seemed to recall that you had both the top and the windshield like us, sorry!

Bill

I did have the top :thumbsup: