What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• well the instructions for installing the DDM Works turbo kit are 26 pages deep. I am taking it slow and just doing little by little until the ECM gets back and then will go into full throttle. but right now i am at page 13, halfway through and it says to cut the air intake sensor wires yada yada yada and then it says to solder them together. i dont weld and soldering is well not one of the things i am better at. IS THERE ANY OTHER PREFERRED METHOD to soldering? cant i just put to wire connectors on them, heat shrink them and that be good enough? Dave@DDMWorks can you chime in? would wire connectors be better than just twisting them together and some electrical tape? lol.

Look into these solderless connectors. I keep a buttload around and use them everywhere. Just need a heat gun or a strong hair dryer.

• Look into these solderless connectors. I keep a buttload around and use them everywhere. Just need a heat gun or a strong hair dryer.

I prefer these over a butt connector any day. Can see the solder melt so know it's a good connection and the waterproof part at each end is a nice touch that works if you don't get it too hot (I use lighter/propane torch most of the time)

• Tracking shows it has been delivered - and my ring doorbell showed my wife accepting it and taking it inside - - - - - - - now to get off work and get my butt home 8o8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts & Master Cylinder Brace

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I prefer these over a butt connector any day. Can see the solder melt so know it's a good connection and the waterproof part at each end is a nice touch that works if you don't get it too hot (I use lighter/propane torch most of the time)

Can this type of connector be used to connect a wire to a ohm resistor?

• I really like the view it gave me and it is rock solid. I got a good video.

Yes, I saw a video that someone took at one of the track days shot with the camera on the passenger side roll hoop I liked it - it was that video that finally pushed me over the edge to buy this.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts & Master Cylinder Brace

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Can this type of connector be used to connect a wire to a ohm resistor?

That's kinda above my pay grade, but staying at Holiday Inn last night makes me want to say I would think it'd be fine. I mean soldering a inline resistor would be soldered point to point anyway which is what this does. BKL or someone with more electrical smarts can keep me honest!

• Look into these solderless connectors. I keep a buttload around and use them everywhere. Just need a heat gun or a strong hair dryer.

Personally, I have no problem with the use of a butt connector as long as it is properly done, but I have also seen a review on the solderless connectors chavey2 recommended and the general review was favorable. Here's a review from Summit Racing -

Carefully following the instructions shown in the review should produce a good join, especially if the wires are nicely meshed together before the assembly is heated and the joint becomes soldered.

IIRC, below is the original review I saw on these connectors. The reviewer cuts thru the join and while he would prefer a little more solder for a better joint, he does seem satisfied wit the overall quality of the joint. He then compares the solderless connector to a soldered joint saying that he thinks the solderless connectors should be fine for smaller wires carrying low levels of current, but would prefer a conventional solder joint for heavier wires with higher current loads.

For overall ease of use, I may still order some myself.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Yeah, one thing i do is slide the connector all the way over one wire past the bare wire. Then I put the strands of each wire into each other just like they show in the Summit video. Then slide the connector back and heat seal. I agree I wouldn't trust for a critical joint, but these have worked well over the past few years otherwise. I still solder my end connectors buy this is much easier when just joining 2 wires together.

• for the turbo kit it said to cut the air flow sensor from stock to put on the one that will go into the new charge tube. and i am not all that great soldering so i wanted to do it a different way. I had some other crimp connectors and that is how i did it. its not like there will be any pressure or pulling on the wire itself. so it should be fine. just a hot and ground connection. I also ordered some of the others you suggested from amazon. 250 pc kit. will start using those also. they look like would work great with audio wiring.