What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Thanks an old picture - I am using the Assault "D" wheel now. I didn't much like the NRG wheel it was a bit flimsy. The Assault wheel is much stronger

MACAWS with all those gauges, the dash looks a little crowded. You should have someone install you a digital dash. Maybe someone like Dave@DDMWorks. :00008172: Maybe if you offered Dave one of theses :doughnut: :taco: :tropical_drink: :beer_mug: It would help. :00008356::00008356:

• MACAWS with all those gauges, the dash looks a little crowded. You should have someone install you a digital dash. Maybe someone like Dave@DDMWorks. :00008172: Maybe if you offered Dave one of theses :doughnut: :taco: :tropical_drink: :beer_mug: It would help. :00008356::00008356:

Funny you should say that - I think he just doesn't like me hanging around his shop any more.

I would kill for that new Haltech Dash with boost by gear and all that other cool stuff - but I am just the bastard child!

Maybe if I offered Dave@DDMWorks some Mexican doughnuts with ghost pepper sprinkles and a beer he would make time for me?

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Buddy worked all day, so no sling project time today. Really hoping to wrap things up tomorrow thought as he's off and then get it home to my garage...sad grabbing a beer and it's not out there!

So instead I cleaned the garage a bit and swapped out the light sockets out there. Had some inside light sockets with horizontal bulbs and I couldn't try one of those cool lights one of you guys posted about a few months back on here. Swapped out the two holders for vertical ones and put that new bulb in - damn you guys were right, it's bright and "white" light now so will be so much better for working on things out there! Ordered another one for the other socket I replaced as well! I have some metal pegboard and other organization stuff on the way too. Working out of my buddy's garage is expensive as now I want all those cool tools in mine! Always learning stuff on here and getting good ideas - Thanks All!

• Good job. I can't even get myself into my garage it needs a major clean out. When my girl friend moved out of her apartment and moved in here we stored her furniture in the garage. Stuff the doesn't belong in a garage. I like those lights I use them on the back porch where I have work benches.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• looking for ways to mount my new four-point to the rollhoop without spending a couple hundred dollars for custom bracketing, I came up with this idea!

I like your solution, but make sure you have used a proper grade U-bolt and nuts.

I found several links that show which Grade bolts/nuts to use for different requirements.

General guide to Bolt/Nut/Washer Grades - http://knowhow.napaonline.com/…tomotive-fasteners-guide/

Discussion using Grade 5 vs Grade 8 bolts to install seat belts - https://www.ford-trucks.com/fo…1031-seat-belt-bolts.html

An explanation of the applicable US Statutes for installing seat belts ( probably a little overkill for most of us:D) - http://www.volksbolts.com/faq/seatbelt.htm

General recommendation based on search results is minimum 7/16" Grade 5 fasteners will do the job. Grade 8 is a little stronger, but is probably overkill.

• Thanks for the advice guys, that’s why am on here y’all are the best. I was looking for something temporary to see if I like the harness. This set up just lent it self to be exceptionally easy to hook up while I get a feel for it, I’m still on the fence if I like it or not. I’m not used to being held in place like this.

It is a bit more effort to put the belt on then just pulling it over the shoulder. But after three days of use and realizing what I need to do before I buckle in, it’s becoming routine. My only problem still is changing lanes. I removed my factory mirrors and put smaller mirrors on, my fault! Probably gonna put the factory mirrors back on and get the convex mirrors. And pull the seatbelt up under the trim and bolt directly to the bolts for the roll hoop.

• Thanks for the advice guys, that’s why am on here y’all are the best. I was looking for something temporary to see if I like the harness. This set up just lent it self to be exceptionally easy to hook up while I get a feel for it, I’m still on the fence if I like it or not. I’m not used to being held in place like this.

It is a bit more effort to put the belt on then just pulling it over the shoulder. But after three days of use and realizing what I need to do before I buckle in, it’s becoming routine. My only problem still is changing lanes. I removed my factory mirrors and put smaller mirrors on, my fault! Probably gonna put the factory mirrors back on and get the convex mirrors. And pull the seatbelt up under the trim and bolt directly to the bolts for the roll hoop.

You will grow to love the harness!

If you can stay planted in the seat you will enjoy the sling much more. You will move with the sling and not sliding around. Bad part - you start to get a little more aggressive at driving. My wife liked them so much she made add them to her SXS

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

When you put the mirrors back on with the convex mirrors also add the extensions.
    Adjustable Mirror Riser Kit for the Polaris Slingshot (slingmods.com)  I've had my set up for four years and love it.

If you have the Top shown in your avatar, try installing one of these - https://smile.amazon.com/Allst…ing-Bracket/dp/B006K8VHU8. It normally uses L-brackets that are installed by drilling some screw holes in the Top's crossbar, but after I installed mine, I realized I probably could have just used some hose clamps to hold the crossbar or I could have used a pair of appropriately-sized crossbar headlight mounts with some minor hardware mods to allow me to use the studs sticking out from the mirror to fasten the mirror to the brackets. The multi-panel mirrors will allow you to see behind your Slingshot and will also pretty much eliminate any blind spots. I now use some compact motorcycle mirrors that use the same mounting threads the stock mirrors use (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KM9139Q/), but the multi-panel mirror works so well that I have been tempted to removed the side mirrors.

• If Ram Mount doesn't make a clamp to clamp to the frame I would be surprised. I use several different pipe clamps they make on both of my boats. If you go to Ram Mounts site and scan all the adapters they make you will find something I bet.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• If you have the Top shown in your avatar, try installing one of these - https://smile.amazon.com/Allst…ing-Bracket/dp/B006K8VHU8. It normally uses L-brackets that are installed by drilling some screw holes in the Top's crossbar, but after I installed mine, I realized I probably could have just used some hose clamps to hold the crossbar or I could have used a pair of appropriately-sized crossbar headlight mounts with some minor hardware mods to allow me to use the studs sticking out from the mirror to fasten the mirror to the brackets. The multi-panel mirrors will allow you to see behind your Slingshot and will also pretty much eliminate any blind spots. I now use some compact motorcycle mirrors that use the same mounting threads the stock mirrors use (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KM9139Q/), but the multi-panel mirror works so well that I have been tempted to removed the side mirrors.

I put these mirrors on, love the look. But they’re small