spare wheel and tire

• after giving it some more thought and realizing that I would also need a jack and a breaker bar with the right socket brought to me with the spare I think this idea is not as good as I was thinking. only jack I own is a 3 ton floor jack and I just cant see my wife throwing that along with the wheel/tire in her trunk to bring to me =O=O

so I guess I will just hope I dont need a spare and if I do thats what AAA is for

I posted before about small scissor jacks I found in the junk yard that are very slingshot portable...compact cars have them....I think I bought 3 different ones to see which would be best for $5 each....they will fit under the seats.....

• If you ever have to have a tire fixed that has had slime put in it, be sure to tip the tire fixer . . . HEAVILY. That stuff makes cleanup a real mess.

Not knocking the product, just saying, from experience, that it makes a MESS.

• The jack could come in handy especially if you can take the wheel off and make it to a gas station close by. Tow trucks charge a fortune now.

which reminds me around here they have a new gimmick to up charge you.

they want paid immediately or they want to take the vehicle to their yard. If you don’t have the cash they will “store” it until they get the insurance check. That could take weeks.

• Just don't put your spare t-40 in there (I think that's what is used to get into that area.

I've always thought that one of our mod creators would make a mod to allow us easy / keyed access to this, vs a tool, but so far, none.

Well, first off...

You're not supposed to know about this.

Second...

If it was easy, we all would be missing a hump.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Just don't put your spare t-40 in there (I think that's what is used to get into that area.

I've always thought that one of our mod creators would make a mod to allow us easy / keyed access to this, vs a tool, but so far, none.

Yep! One step ahead of you. All I have in the glove box is one small Allen key to remove the screws with. Thanks for the tip. 👍

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• I once had a slow leak in the rear tire, jacked it up in the garage in order to roll tire to find a small finishing nail in the tread. Then found that I was unable to insert the hole cleaner/reamer tool. Simply wasn't strong enough! Tire tread is tough, sidewalls are not! Finally had to get hand drill out and make hole larger so that I could get a plug in.

Got to thinking how I would manage away from home; maybe on an incline, or an area where it would be too hard to roll the SS to search for a nail; then how hard it might be to even get the hole cleaner/plugger shoved through!

I now carry a jack, hand drill, plugger, air compressor, wheel nut bar (in case I need to remove the wheel) , and a can of compressed slime.

All of this fits in one compartment with room to spare.

18 SLR Lemon/Gray
    Vanderhall Venice (traded for SLR Apr '18)
    '16.6 SLR LE (traded for Vanderhall Oct '17)
    '11 & '14 Can Am RT's
    60 Years of 2 Wheeling

• in an emergency situation my concern wouldn’t be trying to make a lasting permanent repair....I’m not that good .....I would be trying to slow the leak enough to get it to a professional...I plugged a tractor tire that was here doing some yard work for me. It took 2-3 plugs to stop (slow it down) the leak. I think they also might put a patch over the plug on the inside...