Do you use your SlingShot more having a trailer?

• Here it is nearing the end of the year and today was oil changing /general maintenance, day with our vehicles. When it came to the SlingShot I was some what saddened to note that we had only put 4,000 miles on it this year. Partially to blame is we adopted a dog a couple of years back and taking her with the SlingShot can be really inconvenient on longer journeys. We now also have a vehicle that will tow the SlingShot quite nicely if this is a viable option. So, as the title states, I am curious if you folks that trailer your SlingShot find that you use it more by doing so?

Thanks,

Bill

• I still have my 5'x8' trailer I used for hauling my motorcycle back when I was on two wheels and still it use to haul larger items. I don't have the room to store a trailer for the Slingshot, so last year we towed the old trailer up to Canada and picked up a Slingshot tow dolly from kev with AllThingsSlingshot. We turned the trip into a mini vacation and also stopped at Kokomo Glass so my Wife could stock up on more glass for her projects. I still haven't used the tow dolly to go anyplace, but hope to use it next year to visit relatives back in Virginia. I've now got over 56,000 miles on my Slingshot and all of them are local rides averaging 80-150 miles or so.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I had a trailer to pull both our Slings. Sold it. Too boring towing the SS when you could be riding. Some people we met in Kerrville had made a platform for their dog to sit on over the wife’s lap. She had plenty of leg room and the dog loved it.

• I do have a trailer and use it when the wife is going … Florida in Jan for a couple of weeks, and to Texas in early Apr last Spring. The rally was in an area where Georgia used to live. I have put 87,000+ miles in the seat of a Slingshot since Feb 2015, so I really don't like to trailer.

• I had a trailer to pull both our Slings. Sold it. Too boring towing the SS when you could be riding. Some people we met in Kerrville had made a platform for their dog to sit on over the wife’s lap. She had plenty of leg room and the dog loved it.

Athena rides just fine in the Slingshot, and she pretty much goes everywhere with us when doing short trips. She even has her own goggles and sun cap. The problem is what do we do with her on those longer excursions when we want/need to go someplace in which she cannot, like a restaurant, store, or other facilities which do not allow pets? Currently only one can go in and the other needs to stay with Athena outside?

Also another need may be arising concerning how dealers are abandoning the SlingShot and to get to a servicing dealer is growing further and further away.

Bill

• I enjoy riding in the Slingshot, but when traveling long distances we will almost always use the interstates and long distance rides on the slabs are not fun. We will take two vehicles and I hate driving two vehicles when we can tow the Slingshot and then have it available as a second vehicle for me to enjoy when we get to wherever we're going.

• I end up tow dollying down into the south a few times a year, just because I,m always in too big a rush to allow myself any missed days for rain and always having to haul a booth etc but last SSITS I rode down with my entire booth on the roof , Beverly hillbillies style and loved it and now with the quad conversion I'm thinking of riding to a lot more and maybe towing some behind

• I end up tow dollying down into the south a few times a year, just because I,m always in too big a rush to allow myself any missed days for rain and always having to haul a booth etc but last SSITS I rode down with my entire booth on the roof , Beverly hillbillies style and loved it and now with the quad conversion I'm thinking of riding to a lot more and maybe towing some behind

I thought I passed you last year on your way home

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Well, we're thinking that towing just might be a good option, so now we're debating whether to get a dolly, or full trailer, there are pros and cons to either one.

Bill

I seriously started to consider a 4-wheel conversion when DFKitCars intro'd their new conversion based on a Camaro rear end, but realized I still hadn't used my tow dolly and would need a new tow dolly for the conversion. I don't have room for a full size trailer that will hold the Slingshot, so a tow dolly became the logical choice. I still have the 5 x 8 trailer I used for hauling motorcycles and other stuff in my garage and it fits comfortably with room for other stuff.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I was some what saddened to note that we had only put 4,000 miles on it this year.

wow, and i have had mine 2 years now and am close to 3900 miles lol. i still haven't broken the 4000 mile mark. having kids and other obligations make it near impossible along with weather and work attire not able to wear appropriate clothing. i wish i could put more miles on mine.

• I know several guys who have 'dolly' set up for the Slingshot. One of the guys in Indy developed the first one and he has several out there that have gone many miles. kev and http://www.allthingsSlingshot.com is very similar and works very well. The nice thing is that you can use a much smaller tow vechiel. A tow vechiel the size of a Ford Edge will do a great job. Really need to go bigger with an open trailer and much bigger with an enclosed trailer.

• When your going on 400 mile trip, so much easier packing everything in truck,and weather is of no concern. I have cruised over 1000 miles to pikes peak, down through New Mexico....had some bad weather but made it. Trailer would have been nice back then!

Wife and I love the trailer, should have got one sooner!

• wjfyfe highest MILER, absolutely problem free, dollying with one of mine to date is Dennis Stumpo of New York, with over 20,000 miles , just decided to change his wheel bearings as part of preventative maintenance as he just logged that many miles. Many of us are approaching 10,000 miles

• wjfyfe highest MILER, absolutely problem free, dollying with one of mine to date is Dennis Stumpo of New York, with over 20,000 miles , just decided to change his wheel bearings as part of preventative maintenance as he just logged that many miles. Many of us are approaching 10,000 miles

93,000 miles and ain't changed sh t except tires and oil and MODS. That is just on Sling I, trying to get things changed over to Sling II with just 11,000 miles on it maybe I will be ready by the summer riding season. Oh! I forgot the recalls. Some of us do not need a trailer. Let us see that means 23,000 miles a year since Feb. 12, 2015. Hell! I put 20,000 miles on the Harley between 2013 and when I got the Sling Feb.12, 2015. Maybe 500 miles on the Harley since then. WIMPS!

• So, just out of curiosity, does anybody here have a tow dolly in which they wish to sell?

Are there any commercial rental trailers in which the SlingShot would fit?

Bill

Check this TDS link - https://www.slingshotforums.co…ental.160881/#post-800361. There's a pic of a U-Haul trailer with a wooden platform on the back to support the rear wheel. A couple years ago, I saw a Penske rental vehicle trailer at my local Home, Depot that looked to be the same model as the U-Haul trailer in that link.