I have SSUID

• So, I have a very serious case of Slingshot Upgrade Indecision Disorder. I rode Harleys for years, and never had this problem to this extent with them. I've had my SS for less than 6 months and I'm darting around between slingmods, slingshotsonly, twist dynamics and DDMworks sites like I just ingested 5 Red Bulls and an eightball. I bought one of those billet gas caps yesterday just so I could get off the computer and go to bed. The worst part is the big ticket items. Like tops and forced induction. I was just about ready to pull the trigger on a top and then I decided maybe a stage 1 TC would give me more joy for the buck, (screw the factory SS warranty). While I was waffling back and forth between the top and the TC, I found a thread where a bunch of folks said if they had to do it again, their first upgrade would be shocks. You can spend a couple grand on shocks!! But man, it would be nice to just dial in a smoother ride when I wanted it. I'm like a 5 year old at Toy's R Us with a $10 gift card.

SSUID. The struggle is real.

• SZurlo

Changed the title of the thread from “I have SSUGID” to “I have SSUID”.
  • I'm working on it. Got it in August and have almost 4k miles on it.

In your area you should be able to ride all year long. Check out the Rallies at http://www.SlingshotRoadsters.com ---- End of May - early June Slingshot in the Smokies in Maggy Valley, NC. Probably be close to 500 Slingshots there for the week. Be able to see and experience about every thing that can be done to a Slingshot. LOts of us will take you for a ride/let you drive so you can experience windshields, tops, or boosted...

• In your area you should be able to ride all year long. Check out the Rallies at http://www.SlingshotRoadsters.com ---- End of May - early June Slingshot in the Smokies in Maggy Valley, NC. Probably be close to 500 Slingshots there for the week. Be able to see and experience about every thing that can be done to a Slingshot. LOts of us will take you for a ride/let you drive so you can experience windshields, tops, or boosted...

I already have hotel reservations :thumbsup:

• So, I have a very serious case of Slingshot Upgrade Indecision Disorder. I rode Harleys for years, and never had this problem to this extent with them. I've had my SS for less than 6 months and I'm darting around between slingmods, slingshotsonly, twist dynamics and DDMworks sites like I just ingested 5 Red Bulls and an eightball. I bought one of those billet gas caps yesterday just so I could get off the computer and go to bed. The worst part is the big ticket items. Like tops and forced induction. I was just about ready to pull the trigger on a top and then I decided maybe a stage 1 TC would give me more joy for the buck, (screw the factory SS warranty). While I was waffling back and forth between the top and the TC, I found a thread where a bunch of folks said if they had to do it again, their first upgrade would be shocks. You can spend a couple grand on shocks!! But man, it would be nice to just dial in a smoother ride when I wanted it. I'm like a 5 year old at Toy's R Us with a $10 gift card.

SSUID. The struggle is real.

Shocks were one of the last things that I did to my Sling, there are a lot more things I would rather have first even now than shocks.

• in the beginning I was checking all the different sites dally for things I might want or need....looking for new items....mod fever is addicting....never had it with any other vehicle...if I found something I just put it in the cart.....I have a notebook full of receipts .....things I’ve installed and forgotten about....some things haven’t been installed yet and are in the shelf for over a year.... new items took priority over previous purchases....2 1/2 years I’m starting to settle down....some....I’m running out of places to put things on the SS...

• I LOVE my DDM 3 ways! I played with the Settings for a while and have now settled into a zone that I just love which is a compromise between sport and touring. You know you did something right when months down the road you’re still astounded at the difference a mod can make. Oh ya.... and get some sticky tires. The rest is lagniappe😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I second SoCal, if you are going shocks, the DDM are the best bang for the buck on 3 ways.

SZurlo this forum is the worst for trying to not buy mods, you read about how great they are from others talking about them on here and you just want to have as much fun.

I've had mine about 9 months of riding, 12k miles, way too much money spent, and enjoying every minute of it.

• I second SoCal, if you are going shocks, the DDM are the best bang for the buck on 3 ways.

SZurlo this forum is the worst for trying to not buy mods, you read about how great they are from others talking about them on here and you just want to have as much fun.

I've had mine about 9 months of riding, 12k miles, way too much money spent, and enjoying every minute of it.

All I need is about $7,000 and I could get everything I want (right now). Maybe I should start a gofundme 8o

• it’s like there are different camps involving mods.

Some are happy to leave them stock or near stock.....I think that’s a small group.

Some want the latest and greatest...small to medium priced mods...lights, roofs, driving performance items....the majority IMO

Some go hog wild with turbos, quad packs...big money items.

I’m over $8000....and my roof was already on mine when I bought it..I’m heavily in group #2...there I’ve admitted my addiction...(well at least to one)....I don’t see me advancing into group #3....my mod addiction is somewhat under control...I’m not ready for meetings or interventions...yet.

• Yep I only put $7000 in my

Oh, I don't mean total. I've already spent over a $1,500 on mine in just what, 4 months of ownership, just at slingmods alone, and none of it was on performance stuff (well except the pedal commander, I guess). No, I don't mean I can $7k and I'm done. I mean 7k MORE would empty out my CURRENT SS wish list. It will fill right back up again :P

• it’s like there are different camps involving mods.

Some are happy to leave them stock or near stock.....I think that’s a small group.

Some want the latest and greatest...small to medium priced mods...lights, roofs, driving performance items....the majority IMO

Some go hog wild with turbos, quad packs...big money items.

I’m over $8000....and my roof was already on mine when I bought it..I’m heavily in group #2...there I’ve admitted my addiction...(well at least to one)....I don’t see me advancing into group #3....my mod addiction is somewhat under control...I’m not ready for meetings or interventions...yet.

I'm afraid I'm dangerously close to being part of group 3. It's odd too, because when I rode Harley's the dealer would always try to talk me into stage 2 or 3 kits and I was never really interested. I did put a larger intake, mufflers and a tuner (stage 1) on my 2016 Ultra Limited, but that's as far as I ever went. It's something about the driving experience (and appearance) of the SS that makes me what to tinker with the performance. I'm sure if I was married, there would have been in intervention about $1,000 ago :D. But you know what they say YOLO.

• I don't believe anyone has found a point at which you stop spending until you sell the thing.

There's only one thing you can put in a Slingshot to get the most enjoyment out of it.

EjFord says it most consistantly...

That one thing is your ass.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS: