To Boost - or not to Boost

• what's funny-when I installed my DDM Stage 1 Turbo- I didn't take the hood or front end off for the install- the only bitch of it all was removing the oil pan (it was stuck on like glue)

Of course having a good extension and a "Quick Jack" made a big difference on the install!

• what's funny-when I installed my DDM Stage 1 Turbo- I didn't take the hood or front end off for the install- the only bitch of it all was removing the oil pan (it was stuck on like glue)

That is pretty impressive, I wouldn't want to even try that install with the hood and front on still. I have become too spoiled with having the place all setup to remove hoods and front ends :)

• Yeah, truthfully, that is the one thing I am not looking forward too. I have too many lights and wires up there so it's going to be real hard to track down them all and check all those connections.

It can get pretty bad up there sometimes. The worst install we had so far was at Maggie Valley a 3 years ago, there were 18 seperate LED cables going to the front of the vehicle with 4 wires in each cable. They went off to the hood and front bumper, there were no connectors and the wires were that really small phone wire. We had to cut all the wires to get the hood and bumper off, label all of them, then solder them back together when we were complete. It took longer to take care of the LED wires than do the actual supercharger install, it was crazy. The good thing is we tend to ask a lot more questions when people schedule installations now ;)

• People are always asking me for a 'price' to paint a living Rm over the phone... $100,000.00, if I come out I can write a realistic quote. I want to know what I going to paint.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. When we bought the Blue House, it was basically all one color. Pale grey-yellow outside (with some *lovely* beige trim near the foundation). Inside was all eggshell white in every room, (ceilings too) with refrigerator gloss white trim on base boards, door trim, crown molding.

The kicker was every door and archway had a transom window over it, and sculpted molding around it. Couldn't paint it with a pad or roller, and hardwood floors throughout meant no sprayer either. So we did it by hand... with a 2-inch brush (because *sculpted*). Turns out there is over 4,800 ft of molding in this house - almost a mile of it - 6 inches wide, 2-3 coats to cover the hideous gloss white. It took us 3 months to get the place painted inside before we could move in.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• People are always asking me for a 'price' to paint a living Rm over the phone... $100,000.00, if I come out I can write a realistic quote. I want to know what I going to paint.

No kidding Ej. I know what you mean. I tell em I can't mow what I can't see. Gotta look at it. Those price conscience people that demand a number on the phone are not the customer for me.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Made some real progress yesterday in my opinion anyway! If anything I'm also learning a shit ton along the way! Today sucks schedule wise, but tomorrow should have time to pull the turbo and make sure that drain line off turbo is sealed properly. I'm thinking the hard part is done, pretty much just bolt on from here but we'll see.

Fun, any updates on how yours is going?

Trying the blog thing out, so photos and where I'm at now here - Turbo Part 2

• No kidding Ej. I know what you mean. I tell em I can't mow what I can't see. Gotta look at it. Those price conscience people that demand a number on the phone are not the customer for me.

That's funny, because I requested a leaf pickup service this fall and they didn't provide a ballpark estimate of their services, just an hourly rate, so I told them it was a heavily wooded 1/3 acre. They said, oh, that'll be 3 guys at two hours. I said, great, fine, have someone come out and we can discuss what needs to be done and figure out a final price then, I'll make time. Come to find out they showed up one day when I was away and just started wrecking my yard, including cutting down my wife's beloved Japanese maple, and even charged me EXTRA!
    :face_with_symbols_on_mouth:

I can't help but feel all this would have been avoided if someone had talked to me in person at my property, just like you're saying, but I find a lot of contractors just show up and do whatever nowadays, and send the invoice later.

Trying the blog thing out, so photos and where I'm at now here - Turbo Part 2

That's looking good. I like the blog feature, keep it up!

• Can you install a supercharger with the hood and front end on? Just don't feel like pulling the 2020 conversion parts off from UAS, were kind of a pain to put on.

Well...made if you can shrink your self?...lol...It is a pain! But the end result will more of a less hassle! I could not do it. Ask Dave.

Always Remember...You can drive it like you want to drive it tomorrow! 8)

:HEADERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS::ROTORSS:

• That's funny, because I requested a leaf pickup service this fall and they didn't provide a ballpark estimate of their services, just an hourly rate, so I told them it was a heavily wooded 1/3 acre. They said, oh, that'll be 3 guys at two hours. I said, great, fine, have someone come out and we can discuss what needs to be done and figure out a final price then, I'll make time. Come to find out they showed up one day when I was away and just started wrecking my yard, including cutting down my wife's beloved Japanese maple, and even charged me EXTRA!

I can't help but feel all this would have been avoided if someone had talked to me in person at my property, just like you're saying, but I find a lot of contractors just show up and do whatever nowadays, and send the invoice later.

That's horrible. That's exactly what I am talking about. Contractors are horrible here. They do what they want when they want if they show up at all. It's been good for me. That's how I've made a great living. It just seems so simple to me, I just do what I say I am going to do but I only say what I am capable of doing.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• That's funny, because I requested a leaf pickup service this fall and they didn't provide a ballpark estimate of their services, just an hourly rate, so I told them it was a heavily wooded 1/3 acre. They said, oh, that'll be 3 guys at two hours. I said, great, fine, have someone come out and we can discuss what needs to be done and figure out a final price then, I'll make time. Come to find out they showed up one day when I was away and just started wrecking my yard, including cutting down my wife's beloved Japanese maple, and even charged me EXTRA!

I always set an exact TIME to stop by and give you a estimate...hand written generally before I leave and if I do the job you will know exactly when and how much.

• Can you install a supercharger with the hood and front end on? Just don't feel like pulling the 2020 conversion parts off from UAS, were kind of a pain to put on.

Putting on a Supercharger is somewhat a pain also. But it's so worth it! I've helped with one, and it was at times, a pain in the arse! But, with nearly double the HP and nearly the same weight.... SOOOOO worth it! The first ride will convince you, I'm certain! Feels like the power is doubled by mid, more at higher RPM's....

UAS has many things that look nice. If looks are your thing, go for them for that. If you want controllable power, supercharger is the way to go. The hassle is well worth it if the power is your passion, trust me on this!

• Putting on a Supercharger is somewhat a pain also. But it's so worth it! I've helped with one, and it was at times, a pain in the arse! But, with nearly double the HP and nearly the same weight.... SOOOOO worth it! The first ride will convince you, I'm certain! Feels like the power is doubled by mid, more at higher RPM's....

UAS has many things that look nice. If looks are your thing, go for them for that. If you want controllable power, supercharger is the way to go. The hassle is well worth it if the power is your passion, trust me on this!

Well said!!!:thumbsup:

Always Remember...You can drive it like you want to drive it tomorrow! 8)

:HEADERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS::ROTORSS:

I have heard of people doing it, personally not something I would want to do though. You do not have to pull the headlights, just the lower "mustache", and the hood is just 2 bolts and 2 nuts, unless you have a bunch of LED's hooked up to the hood.