• My wife has it for her SS. She only wants a top for shade in the summer. Not waterproof. I have the sport top. I only use it in the summer also. Sitting in traffic and 95 degrees is not pleasant. We have rain suits for wet, or potentially wet, days that we ride.

When you say it is not waterproof, is this roof a mesh material or is it a solid material that just isn't waterproof???

• When you say it is not waterproof, is this roof a mesh material or is it a solid material that just isn't waterproof???

The only top that I have seen on the market that might keep you dry is the one that completely encloses the cockpit. We have the Nascar windscreen and the factory Slingshade top and even going down the road you still get wet. If you stop it's worse. Going down the road every drop of rain that goes over the top of the windscreen/under the top goes right in my eyeballs!!!!!!!! I have a pair of clear safety glasses that I keep in the sling for just that reason. Frog Toggs (or some other brand rain wear) are the only thing that is going to keep you dry. Our tall windscreen and top had absolutely "0" to do with trying to stay dry. jes my .o2

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I don't really care about staying completely dry... I really don't care if I get wet.... Just trying to stay more dry than I would on my bike. I still expect to wear a rainsuit. There is no way in hell that I want any kind of full enclosure. But if the roof would break up the down pour a little, then that is what I need.

• I don't really care about staying completely dry... I really don't care if I get wet.... Just trying to stay more dry than I would on my bike. I still expect to wear a rainsuit. There is no way in hell that I want any kind of full enclosure. But if the roof would break up the down pour a little, then that is what I need.

The roof does not break up the down pour, the windscreen is more protection than a roof will ever be.

I too first thought I would need a rain suit for riding....but after the spin out horror stories of how unstable the rear end can be with that one wide tire, I don’t drive it if my street is wet. Not saying I haven’t been caught in a few downpours....just saying I don’t drive it in the rain on purpose...

beside that fact that everyone will think you’re nuts..

• I have visors that come down and protect your face from pounding rain and i stay fairly dry when its a decent rain. I think the roof helps some but you need a back window to stop the back draft of rain and road dirt from coming back in from behind. I have the canvas twist

• Most of them do.

Bonnie has been wanting me to work on a curtain system for when stopped but it hasn't made it very far up my priority list. I carry a cockpit cover that fits over my top but she wants some sort of curtain to flow the water off the top and over the side without getting out . =O

• Bonnie has been wanting me to work on a curtain system for when stopped but it hasn't made it very far up my priority list. I carry a cockpit cover that fits over my top but she wants some sort of curtain to flow the water off the top and over the side without getting out . =O

Uhmmmm...

That honey-do idea is her politely saying, "Get your ass to the garage!"

As opposed to you giving the wife a new set of cookware for no reason. And not saying, "Get you to the kitchen, woman!"

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I am done on this subject, sure that little bit of roof will keep him dry.

Bonnie has been wanting me to work on a curtain system for when stopped but it hasn't made it very far up my priority list. I carry a cockpit cover that fits over my top but she wants some sort of curtain to flow the water off the top and over the side without getting out . =O

The stock Polaris cockpit cover will work for that installed over, I am thinking any top. I know it will work on the UP Top

• I am done on this subject, sure that little bit of roof will keep him dry.

The stock Polaris cockpit cover will work for that installed over, I am thinking any top. I know it will work on the UP Top

Yea...I use the cockpit cover over the top but she would like something to use without getting out to put it on

• Bonnie has been wanting me to work on a curtain system for when stopped but it hasn't made it very far up my priority list. I carry a cockpit cover that fits over my top but she wants some sort of curtain to flow the water off the top and over the side without getting out . =O

A 5X7 tarp just for staying dry will work over roof pretty good for sitting still.

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down