Slingshot hurricane preparation

• Hold on guys, it's gonna be a hell of a storm. At least from what they're trying to scare us with. Cat 4 winds up to 140 MPH and upwards of 24 inches of rain. Add to that the typical storm surge and we'll all be floating for weeks. My wife is scheduled for surgery for Wednesday, so I'm sure that's going to be cancelled. Sure hate to travel to the surgery center with flooded roads and find out that they're operating on back-up power. Times like this makes me reconsider my decision to not drinking anymore

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

Edited once, last by Funinthesun ().

• My very Best to you and your wife. Bless you. Seems these storms come at difficult times for some. At this juncture it is hang on and wait to see where it lands and how hard. Hang in there Florida!

• Well, getting ready for this storm to hit. They say to have 7 day supply of water on hand. Check. Additional 6 days of soda. Check. Plenty of chicken thighs and baby back ribs. Check. BBQ sauce. Check. Tomorrow's major project is to load the slingshot onto the trailer and stuff all the vehicles in the garage and make sure we have spare batteries for everything. Sure wish it was Wednesday already and the storm has died down

Edited once, last by Funinthesun ().

• Well, the 11 PM update tonight just came in. It's now a full blown CAT 4 Hurricane with winds of 140 MPH. They're trying to drive home the massive intensity of this storm. It is projected to slow down to 3 to 4 mph, so it will basically park itself over the state of Florida for over 48 hours. Rainfall in excess of 12" will be the norm and in some place (Here in Daytona for one) can expect 18" or more. There had been talking about the chance of it being a CAT 5 with winds of over 156 MPH; now they are saying that it is good chance of that happening. We've already accepted the fact that there's going to be BILLIONS of dollars in damages to the state. I just hope the loss of life is non existent or minimal at best. Most stores are out of water and over 60% of gas stations are out of fuel. So leaving the state for safer places is as much of a gamble as staying in your own home. Nothing would be worse than being stranded on the road with no gas, no food and no vacant hotel to ride out this storm. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers for the few days if you have the chance.

Thanks

• The storm is still gaining strength. This morning it's up to 145 MPH, but the course looks like it MAY turn a bit East and "just" ride the coast line up towards GA and SC. Sure hope all you all in the path take shelter and be safe. This one is going to leave a lasting mark on the region for years

• Everyone has gone crazy around here since the 11 am report. just heard that Wally World is already packed. Like always wait to the last minute, like you have no food in the house. Everyone lives day to day now, as in what they need each day, they think they are saving money by doing that. Like the gas does not cost anything for the trip or trips each day and the inconvience. Even Brenda, at least two trips a day.

• Ok, before Florida celebrates missing the hurricane, take note that it is now a CAT 5 with winds of 160 MPH. At this point we can only hope it turns North or East soon and misses landfall in Florida. If that happens, it looks like it will start to weaken and be back down to a CAT 2 or 3 before making landfall somewhere in GA, SC or NC. Maybe they will luck out as well and only see a Tropical storm at worst

• MOTHER F***ER! Somebody tell me this is a sick joke. The newest storm update from the weather channel says they have tracked wind speeds at a SUSTAINED speeds of 180 MPH with gusts of 200 MPH. This ain't funny. The only way to not be blown off the face of the earth from this storm is for it to NOT make landfall anywhere. Not trying to sound like a freakin' baby or drama queen, but if you don't hear from me after tomorrow, it was sure glad knowing all of you. (well, most of you) lol

This is what the state of Florida will look like if the Cat 5 hurricane makes landfall anywhere in the state

• MOTHER F***ER! Somebody tell me this is a sick joke. The newest storm update from the weather channel says they have tracked wind speeds at a SUSTAINED speeds of 180 MPH with gusts of 200 MPH. This ain't funny. The only way to not be blown off the face of the earth from this storm is for it to NOT make landfall anywhere. Not trying to sound like a freakin' baby or drama queen, but if you don't hear from me after tomorrow, it was sure glad knowing all of you. (well, most of you) lol

This is what the state of Florida will look like if the Cat 5 hurricane makes landfall anywhere in the state

Be safe friend...