Oil leak , why me .......

• could be the switch has failed... that could happen to any and every vehicle produced... if you replace the switch with a new one and it fails also... then one could only assume a higher than normal oil pressure problem.. highly unlikely that is the case, since it's not seeping oil out of other porous areas or seals..

and fyi bigdog.. no... Polaris doesnt "design" electrical switches and sensors...

Those are called.... wait for it!!

" Supplier / Vendor Purchase Parts "

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• .... Ok so what does that mean, I know it isn't supposed to be self oiling my floor.....I already been to Napa Auto Parts this morning and have AC Delco # D1849A Oil Pressure Switch arriving tomorrow....

I would take pictures and keep the switch and return it to the dealer and see if they will replace it under warranty....then you’ll have a spare...

It’s a joke...about the self oiling switch...

This isn’t a joke...look at the price differences for the same switch...

• ......so I call up Napa Auto to see if my Oil Pressure Switch is in and they say "YES IT IS RIGHT HERE IN MY HAND".......So I reply " Be there in 5 mins" I happened to be near by.....once I get there he remembers me and places what he thinks is my part BUT IT ISNT wtf........I gave him a look like MAN you messing with the wrong individual today........at which time once he noticed my look and after making another call he told me he's sorry and it will be here in 25 min...........Now I waited an hour and I'm not calling back, once I get there if it's not there, it will be cancelled and I'll travel 2 blocks to AutoZone where it's $8 cheaper ......

• Ouch. Damn parts guys are human, but for $8.00 less across the street and in stock, there's nothing the keep you going back to Napa. Sorry to say that, but tossing away good money to reward a mistake isn't worth it. Save the money and have a feast when Sonic has their next 50 cent corndog special!!

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• The little town I live in has several auto parts stores, all chains. Autozone and OReilly are open late and I use on them when I have to. They always hire young and most don't know cars. They know where the stuff is in the store and who to call when they get in over their head.

I try to use a smaller outfit called ABC auto. They hire mechanics or people who are passionate about cars and they always know their stuff. Problem is, they mainly cater to businesses and aren't open late, but I try to use them when I can, and many times they will price match if the others have it cheaper.

• Tier one..... Can be a good place or a bad place to be if you are a supplier.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• My dad worked most his 34 year carrier on third shift at the Lakewood General Motors plant. Really only saw him on the weekends. Tough schedule for sure and respected.

My first tour with the the US Army at Field Station Berlin had me working rotating 6 days on, 2 days off, followed by 6 swings with 2 days off and then 6 mids with 2 days off, while my Wife was assigned to the US Air Force 6912th Electronic Security Squadron at Tempelhof Air Base in Berlin working a rotating 4 swings on, 1 day off, 4 mids on, 1 day off and then 4 days on, 96 hours off. This meant we had one day off together roughly every two weeks. Her schedule was also the equivalent of having a 4 day pass roughly every two weeks. It certainly made us appreciate our time together and it also gave me alone time to go to the gun range and play my music loud. I guess it contributed to us still being together after 45-1/2 years, too. We both agree that our jobs at that time were the most fulfilling either of us ever had during our working careers.