Missing something?

• This picture is for a point of reference to guide you to the mystery threaded hole.

Under the intake ^

A closer look. The hole and threads look very clean like they haven’t been expose to dirt and corruption.

And just now looking closer there is a hole just like it same place 10” away from it toward the front.

So did something recently fall out of there? Are they for something extra?

The reason I’m looking around is I keep getting small wiffs of antifreeze. I’m looking to see if I can find a wet spot.

• I have an 2018 S/S......And it has the same clean threaded holes....

They are for the optional Kuhneutson Valves....You can get them from ;Kale co Auto.com....;)...

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• One thing I did want to mention....I have the welter duel exhaust without the cat...

My surge tank was extremely hot...., but I just came off a 70-80 mph trip....so I don’t know if it was from the actual engine water or exhaust heat or both....or if that’s normally how hot it feels....I never had a reason to touch it before...

The water level was right at the seam of the tank which is supposed to be where the level is cold...I’ve been smelling antifreeze so I don’t know where it’s Coming from or how much if any the level is down....

So my question is....does the water circulate through the surge tank or just catch overflow. Should it be that hot?

I know the water gets near boiling in the engine and radiator but in the surge Tank?

• Being the tank holes the hot overflow from the engine, [So it doesn't run out on the road] Yes it will be hot right after a long ride....Gone are the good old days without surge tanks where the overflow would run out and then after a few cycles you would have to add Antifreeze/water so as not to over heat on a hot summer ride...

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• If it smells real sweet it might be anti-freeze. Pressure the system up to the pressure on the cap (15psi) then take your time looking for the leak. Also check the gasket on the pressure cap, and the seam on the tank ( they have been known to be a leak issue).

LC