What makes one better than the other?

• Check out the thread that Kyle D from ZZ Performance did. He took a stock sling, then added headers, CAI, catless exhaust one at a time & precisely dyno'ed the performance & power output.

He put a lot of work into the testing and answered a lot of these questions. I decided to go with a ZZP header & exhaust, keeping the CAI I got with my SLR, but I'll add a ZZP tune later this year. (These just came in today!) Don't know if I will ever be able to go boosted (or even if I want to), but if I do, my exhaust will handle it.

Since he said he was adding the ZZPheader/exhaust package, but his stock SLR CAI, the ZZP NA Stage 1 package (header, exhaust, ZZP CAI and tune) is priced at $1140. https://zzperformance.com/coll…aspirated-stage-1-package. Don't now if ZZP knocked of a few dollars since he was keeping his CAI.

• I have a CAI and welter duel exhaust but the stock manifold, does that screw Things up?

In terms of an ECU tune, you should be fine with your exhaust and CAI. CHeck with Kyle D to be sure, but no one asked me what exhaust I was running when I sent away for my tune.

The ZZP header & exhaust is what I got instead of going with Welter, or another company. Does much the same thing, just a different design.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• My previous SS, I had the Alpha headers, CAI, and Variable Exhaust along with various other mods...

With the new Sling, I figured I am going to do more research (by research, ask more questions...^^) to be a little more picky on what I am going to add to the sling this go around.

With that being said... What makes one companies CAI and Header better than the other while providing a boost in performance? Would it be diameter of the pipe, the welding, or are they all pretty much the same and it comes down to finish and color?

The reason I went with ZZP header & exhaust

1. 2.5 inch, stainless header, designed for turbo / supercharger duty should I decide I need more power later

2. Race proven design. Kyle D did a pretty extensive thread on NA vs modded systems, adding one piece at a time, putting the sling back on the dyno each time. His precision and accuracy impressed me.

3. The catless design. Stock system has TWO catalytic converters, both generating tons of heat AND restricting the flow of exhaust and restricting engine power. The ZZP system gets rid of heat, AND improves exhaust flow with larger pipes and fewer restrictions.

4. The springless design. The ZZP header is a solid beast of TIG welded stainless steel. So solid that the muffler clamps right on with no other springs or clamps needed. Tighten ONE ring clamp (also beefy stainless steel!) and you are done. If you should ever need to remove the system, loosen the clamp (one bolt), pry the clamp open and the muffler comes right off. No special tools, wrap, filler, hangers, or springs needed.

The ZZP system is a marvel of engineering genius. No one else comes close IMHO, and the exhaust note is sexy as hell!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I have a CAI and welter duel exhaust but the stock manifold, does that screw Things up?

With the power that the slingshots make in NA trim, there is so little variance between all of the different NA parts available, that it does not require a specific tune to your specific mods. There have been people in the past that claim that it matters but after testing stock parts, our parts, and a couple other parts on the market. Neosolidus confirmed that when he said that the tune he got from us performs just like another tune offered on the market on his other Slingshot with the main difference being he had an extra $150 left in his bank account this time. You could easily run our tune with no issues. If you have any other questions any of you can also always email me directly at Kyle@zzperformance.com My response time is considerably faster there as I get it right to my phone and can respond after hours as well.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• With the power that the slingshots make in NA trim, there is so little variance between all of the different NA parts available, that it does not require a specific tune to your specific mods. There have been people in the past that claim that it matters but after testing stock parts, our parts, and a couple other parts on the market. Neosolidus confirmed that when he said that the tune he got from us performs just like another tune offered on the market on his other Slingshot with the main difference being he had an extra $150 left in his bank account this time. You could easily run our tune with no issues. If you have any other questions any of you can also always email me directly at Kyle@zzperformance.com My response time is considerably faster there as I get it right to my phone and can respond after hours as well.

Will the computer eventually learn my system and adjust itself accordingly?

• With the power that the slingshots make in NA trim, there is so little variance between all of the different NA parts available, that it does not require a specific tune to your specific mods. There have been people in the past that claim that it matters but after testing stock parts, our parts, and a couple other parts on the market. Neosolidus confirmed that when he said that the tune he got from us performs just like another tune offered on the market on his other Slingshot with the main difference being he had an extra $150 left in his bank account this time. You could easily run our tune with no issues. If you have any other questions any of you can also always email me directly at Kyle@zzperformance.com My response time is considerably faster there as I get it right to my phone and can respond after hours as well.

Kyle D is correct both slings are virtually indistinguishable when driving, power quick throttle response and the surge of low end torque?

Currently the only difference between the tunes is that ZZP idles at 700-750 RPM and Bob's Idle at 1k RPM, when stopping the sling with the higher RPM behaves better but this is something that kyle can easily change if you send you pcm to him or if you let him know before hand when you request the tune.

As far as how the slings are setup.....

ZZP Sling has Alpha Titanium header,Alpha CAI and Welter Dual

MefiBob Sling has Alpha Titanium header,Alpha CAI and Alpha 2.0 Side exit prototype(since alpha went out of business before putting it in production this is a one off)

To be fair I also want to note that I don't have Bob's latest tune(don't know if that matters), matter of fact the tune I have is probably 2 years old.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

Edited once, last by Neosolidus ().

• So would you recommend getting the higher idle rpms?

• So would you recommend getting the higher idle rpms?

Yes I would go with 900-1k RPM, I will be sending mine to kyle once riding season is over so he can raise it, the little hiccup of low rpms is not enough to warrant down time as it is very minor, not constant and only happens when coming to a stop under hard deceleration, I don't think it happens when pussyfoot driving but since I mostly leadfoot drive now a days I don't know..... (the slingshot ruined my mellow driving style :00008172: )

• ZZP offers their tune for 350, Bob offers his for 400 to forums members(you have to contact him on PM to get that pricing I think) other wise Bob's is 500.

I chose ZZP for my second tune since i choose to support those who are active in the community rather than those who never interact with us and so far Kyle D tune has not disappointed me, being slightly cheaper is just icing on the cake.

• ZZP offers their tune for 350, Bob offers his for 400 to forums members(you have to contact him on PM to get that pricing I think) other wise Bob's is 500.

I chose ZZP for my second tune since i choose to support those who are active in the community rather than those who never interact with us and so far Kyle D tune has not disappointed me, being slightly cheaper is just icing on the cake.

Are you saying that Bob does not interact with us? I just wanted to be sure.

• Ok, so it looks like finding an “extra“ PCM is like walking on the moon...

Is it a GM part? Is there a part number? I can’t even find one on a polaris parts website..

Which GM vehicles would have our PCM.

I’m thinking about finding one in a junk yard....

• He's here on the forums, but doesn't interact that I've seen.

He has been at Maggie for the past few years and has done personal tunes. Some people just do not spend time writing stuff on the forum or face book. Remember this is coming from a flip phone person. Electronics and computers paid the bills until I retired and now I dislike doing either one.