• I just feel like I am getting so taken advantage of, especially after just recently replacing the front struts on our VW Jetta, a much more robust unit than the comparably light duty coilovers on our SlingShots, and the bill was under $400, including labor?

Bill

If you are going to compare please have a decency of comparing apples to apples.

Here is one of the least expensive coilovers for the jetta don't know what year yours is but it doesn't vary the price much.

I understand that there are some parts that overpriced for the slingshot but coilovers are not one of them, so please lets stop the complaining for the sake of complaining.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• If you are going to compare please have a decency of comparing apples to apples.

Here is one of the least expensive coilovers for the jetta don't know what year yours is but it doesn't vary the price much.

I understand that there are some parts that overpriced for the slingshot but coilovers are not one of them, so please lets stop the complaining for the sake of complaining.

Foreign cars always command higher prices for maintenance....price you pay for being rich...well at least acting like it...LOL...

• Foreign cars always command higher prices for maintenance....price you pay for being rich...well at least acting like it...LOL...

You do understand that i posted the price for a 2003 VW Jetta right?

I swear i can't figure out whether you are dense,have a mental disability or just like trolling people, because the shit you post raises so many questions.....:00008862:

• Anybody wanting to try rolling their own shocks and assembling springs to the shocks, see this thread from TDS - https://www.slingshotforums.co…prings-install-tips.5628/. You may need to dig thru some posts, but most of the info should be there. I was originally gonna go this route, but then the Bilstein Group Buy took place.

Been there, done that,... already mentioned in the other 10 threads about this same topic!

• Begging your pardon, Neosolidus, but I am comparing what is available for the Jetta, and what is available for the SlingShot. You are showing pricing for special purpose aftermarket suspension parts, of which will always cost more, of which we do not either want nor need. Like I said, we have two spare sets of stock shocks hanging on the wall that will suffice us for many years to come and hopefully by that time cheaper alternatives will become available. Or, with patience, somebody will be selling their used aftermarket shocks at a price in which I will consider purchasing, (like the coolant tank we just installed!)

I will stand by my statement that the shocks available for the SlingShot today are all to expensive................... for us.

Bill

• You do understand that i posted the price for a 2003 VW Jetta right?

I swear i can't figure out whether you are dense,have a mental disability or just like trolling people, because the shit you post raises so many questions.....:00008862:aye

It looked to me like you had a VW and you were complaining about paying $1100 for shocks for it, comparing the price to what we’re paying for our shocks. I see nothing that that was the price of an entire car. Keep hitting your head. You’re going to ruin some good bricks.

• It looked to me like you had a VW and you were complaining about paying $1100 for shocks for it, comparing the price to what we’re paying for our shocks. I see nothing that that was the price of an entire car. Keep hitting your head. You’re going to ruin some good bricks.

If you had looked at the picture in my post before opening your mouth you should have noticed what I was talking about, I went through the trouble of making it dumb proof by highlighting the make/model/year and year but apparently that was not enough for you.

Next time before replying and/or quoting someone how about you READ what its being said in it, after that if you disagree and you think you have a valid point (which i doubt but w/e) then go ahead and post.

• Begging your pardon, Neosolidus, but I am comparing what is available for the Jetta, and what is available for the SlingShot. You are showing pricing for special purpose aftermarket suspension parts, of which will always cost more, of which we do not either want nor need. Like I said, we have two spare sets of stock shocks hanging on the wall that will suffice us for many years to come and hopefully by that time cheaper alternatives will become available. Or, with patience, somebody will be selling their used aftermarket shocks at a price in which I will consider purchasing, (like the coolant tank we just installed!)

I will stand by my statement that the shocks available for the SlingShot today are all to expensive................... for us.

Bill

well, all of the coil overs that places like slingmods or slingshotonly are selling are "special purpose aftermarket suspension parts" marketed as providing higher performance than stock, are they not? - - I dont think any of them are marketed as straight replacement parts and as such I would expect them to cost more - on the other hand I would bet you would pay just as much for a set of stock coil overs from polaris

Also I I think its great that you have spare parts hanging on your wall and if you dont want the high performance aftermarket shocks that great - you seem to set

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• well, all of the coil overs that places like slingmods or slingshotonly are selling are "special purpose aftermarket suspension parts" marketed as providing higher performance than stock, are they not? - - I dont think any of them are marketed as straight replacement parts and as such I would expect them to cost more - on the other hand I would bet you would pay just as much for a set of stock coil overs from polaris

Also I I think its great that you have spare parts hanging on your wall and if you dont want the high performance aftermarket shocks that great - you seem to set

Some day a manufacturer will come along and provide quality shocks at a much more reasonable price, edwardaneal, for example, look at the cost of tops, and other accessories, before Patrick and MeanSling came along? :thumbsup:

Bill

• Some day a manufacturer will come along and provide quality shocks at a much more reasonable price, edwardaneal, for example, look at the cost of tops, and other accessories, before Patrick and MeanSling came along? :thumbsup:

Bill

may have already happened Bill

Have you seen these - TruHart Sport Shocks - Coilovers for the Polaris Slingshot

probably cant get all three stock coilovers for that price 8o

• may have already happened Bill

Have you seen these - TruHart Sport Shocks - Coilovers for the Polaris Slingshot

probably cant get all three stock coilovers for that price 8o

Yep, saw those, where a concern is his statement in the description:

"Spring rates and valving designed to provide a more aggressive than factory ride for spirited driving"

What does that mean? I will be looking forward to some reviews................

:/

As for OEM parts for vehicles, as far as cost, they typically are more expensive than what can be had on the aftermarket, so I do not understand why the general consensus here appears to be wanting to associate OEM with less expensive?

Bill

• I agree that we need reviews I personally would not buy them without some good user feedback. as to the "for spirited driving" part they do label them as "sports" coilovers

• The bottom line is....we all went into sticker shock over the price of the new coil over shocks...

When you add in the quality and the rebuild-ability of them it takes some of the pain away....

Is it a hard pill to swallow after buying shocks for cars...yeah...wait for a sale to make it easier...

I’m not really sure how much difference I’ve noticed between the factory shocks and the QA1s...it still rides rough over bumpy roads....and so does my truck...