• QA1 shocks here, much better than stock. QA1 are around 700.00, if you want to spend more go for it. Hey, you the Bartman from the goldwing forum or was it the indian forum?

• They are all too expensive, (shrinking back into the shadows!) :whistling:

Bill

people here and Slingshot owners in general seem to put a large amount of money into modifying and or improving their slingshot. For me as a person who uses my slingshot as my daily driver riding in it almost every single day the money I spent on my coil overs was more than worth it - - yes I will agree they were expensive, but my a$$ thanks me for the nicer ride every single day

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• wjfyfe you aren't comparing apples to apples here. Your VW Jetta probably didn't get performance shocks, probably not adjustable, and are certainly mass produced in the thousands.

The shocks that can go on our SS are for performance vehicles (at least the ones sold from our normal vendors), they are adjustable at least one way, some triple, and are not made by the 1000's. Well, maybe something like the QA1 are, but those aren't specific to SS.

I'm sure you could cross reference the shock on the stock SS and find something comparable if you feel that you need new shocks.

If you are looking to upgrade your shocks to a better ride and not just replace worn out ones, you will pay more.

• heck - if you buy the performance option for coil overs from Polaris the Bilstein's will cost you almost 2 grand

makes some of the aftermarket options look like bargains

• Actually, some of the aftermarket shocks look surprisingly cheap/affordable (especially if you can find a set in the $700-900 range) compared to buying a set of Polaris replacements (at a discount) with replacement costs NOT including labor ranging from $533-644 for all 3 shocks, retaining clips and springs, based on a 2015 Slingshot and checking 5 sellers. In the case of the QA1s, remember that you can roll your own, ordering the shocks and springs separately and assembling everything yourself to get the cheapest cost, although I think I'd prefer the convenience of letting someone else set up the shocks pre-configured for the Slingshot.

• I just feel like I am getting so taken advantage of, especially after just recently replacing the front struts on our VW Jetta, a much more robust unit than the comparably light duty coilovers on our SlingShots, and the bill was under $400, including labor?

Bill

The coil overs are rebuildable.....for a price...

That said does anyone know how many miles they are good for?

• That's a really good question, none of the kits I've looked at in the past mention what they are rated at.

Dave@DDMWorks, do you have any info on your shocks? Are they rebuildable, what's the expected lifespan and cost to rebuild?

Thanks

Typically our shock setup will not need a rebuild on the Slingshot, but if for some strange reason past the 2 year warranty you need it, each shock rebuild is between $50-$75 ($150-225 for the full set) depending on what parts need to be replaced, turn around time is usually about a week to have the full rebuild done.

Hope that helps,

Dave

• I have no clue what QA1 charges, but to me, that's a very affordable price to get basically new shocks if you ever need them.

just looked on the JRI site and their prices for rebuilding also look very reasonable, but even with my daily driving I suspect it wont be something that is needed for a very vary long time

• I have two sets of take-off shocks hanging on the wall if, or when, the current shocks ever need to be replaced, the thousand(s) of dollars I am saving will purchase lots of fuel! :thumbsup:

Bill