Need some opinions on an area that is for members only

• Ya there should be some kind of perks to being a member. Getting a discount at all the suppliers would be cool even if it was a couple percent. Without the forums we wouldn't know who some of them were. I have been considering selling a few products myself and would have no problem giving members a discount.

• I guess its kinda of like having a lock on the front door.... It in no way secures anything... It just lets people know there is something worth hiding behind it...

Do what you are saying but have like an open mod/trouble shooting directory as to what is available, but you have to be a member to access. But do not list the stuff together. Make it like 1-NA 2- Turbo 3- Brakes 4- Suspension 5- Tires I think you get the idea.

• The blue box will allow me to set a rpm limit with the clutch in. and then it will also allow me to shift without lifting the gas pedal. It stutters the ignition so it will unload the transmission...

The backfires are the unburnt fuel that is still moving thru when the ignition isn't firing

And the line lock will allow me to flip a switch and hold the brakes on the front only.... for smokey burnouts....

Y'all remember i turned 44 this week. That means i still have the mind of a 16 year old....

• The blue box will allow me to set a rpm limit with the clutch in. and then it will also allow me to shift without lifting the gas pedal. It stutters the ignition so it will unload the transmission

That sounds like the "launch" feature that Dodge is putting on the Challengers. WHICH my co-worker is too much of a pussy to try, but that's a different thread.

Cool, man. Video after install?

• Ok Rab. Here is my two cents. I really like the idea of the only members can see the technical piece, but (you knew there was a but) with a twist. Once something becomes a very common (hard to define) thing it could be moved to an open "tips" section.

My only request (I know I probably used that up long ago) is that if it is safety related like the lights thing or whatever we make sure to move it to public viewing.

As the tech stuff develops it is the family on her developing it. Key members helping members.

Ok. I am done. See ya in MV

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• Many websites have an open section and a "for members only" section. I think that having a "members only" section may encourage more folks to share their technical knowledge. After all, we want to share with our friends, but may not want the whole world to see.

• @rabtech, looks like I'm going to be the minority here, but I'll give my opinion anyway. I like the idea that as a member I'd have some super cool access that nonmembers and lurkers wouldn't. But in the end some folks just like to lurk, but really don't have anything to contribute and in the world of the internet and free information... that's okay. Though, for the record I do feel that if you are going to benefit from the site, you should also be contributing. Anyhow, in the end, all it would probably do is cause a bunch of folks to sign up just so they could get the info but they wouldn't be active members. So we'd have a bunch of members but some of them wouldn't be active at all. We may have some of those already, but that number would grow. In the end, it's my opinion that we'd be sacrificing quality for quantity.

• I hope I get it working before Maggie Valley..... I want to see @Bill Martin looking for gun fire as I pass by..... :00008356::00008356::00008356::00008356::00008356:

Ok so I'm 98 years old (or at least feel like it) and I have no clue as to what you're talking about, though I suspect you should start another thread about it as to not distract from the intent of this thread...

Boating with the dolphins, US Navy '76-'84