Need some opinions on an area that is for members only

• The ss, this forum and the other, have greatly reduced my ability to retire on time, advocates apathy towards my personal relationships and most of all promotes some type of mod psychosis. I'm going to sue everyone....

Yes, but Chris, even if you end up bankrupt, those darn end caps can be hawked for tons of money

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Excellent lawyer like talk there Phil and not a bad idea having this language in the Terms of Service when you become a member. @rabtech being the mechanical mastermind here posting many how too instructions AND being the site owner could result in a liability claim if you get the right a$$hole. However, not knowing how much of a hassle it would be for @rabtech to institute this, it may be somewhat of an overkill. I just researched briefly the YouTube guidelines and could find no such language so it obviously has not been a problem for them. BUT, in the highly litigious society in which we live - it surely does not hurt to take every precaution. @rabtech if you would like me to check and see if there is any case law I would be glad to research it. Lord knows I owe ya for all I learned from ya!!! :)

Have added this little note to any "how too" i have ever posted on any forum. Last thing you want is some ya-who All lawyer-ed up with someone like @Bill Martin gunning for you.. :00007991::00000014:

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Have added this little note to any "how too" i have ever posted on any forum. Last thing you want is some ya-who All lawyer-ed up with someone like @Bill Martin gunning for you.. :00007991::00000014:

I was once tasked with writing assembly and operating instructions for a product. Very last line on the last page I added - "Please Ignore All Previous Instructions"
    Got past the proof readers and made it into the final product. It took 3 years before anyone noticed.....

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• You asked for opinions on page 1 and I just kind of skipped to the end.

Here is my opinion:

I understand where you are coming from. You put your hard work into documenting this procedure and why should every Tom, Dick and Harry that is not part of the inner-circle be able to benefit from it?

I faced the same conundrum years ago with things like complicated procedures on motorcycles (valve shim adjustments, working around emissions crap, suspension upgrades, etc...) where I would spend hours documenting with pictures and well researched specs and steps.

Here was my take on it (and I am doing the same thing on a lot of the Sling mods I am currently doing):

If I spend the time to really document things, to help the next guy out not making the same mistakes I did - do I just want a few guys to benefit or do I want as many guys as humanly possible to benefit?

So my opinion to you is let anybody that needs the info have access to it. Are we all not driving the same vehicles and facing the same issues (potentially)?

When I shut down my ZX-12R website years ago, Dave Potter emailed me and said "Brother, may I host all your mod docs on my website for posterity?" Of course my answer was yes, absolutely.

I am unique (somewhat) to the SS as I am the new guy on the block and I bought a brand new SS and tore it down before it even had 200 miles on it.

Here are some of the links. Makes me happy that I might be helping some guy all these years later who only knows I was called "Blitz". :-)

Dave Potter's Kawasaki ZX-12R Tuning Guide - ZX12R Modifications

Don't bring a squirt gun to a garden hose fight. :thumbup: