New Hood Bumpers

• OK I would like to reach out to any dealers who may be able to help with this question.

I stopped by a dealer today to drop off some flyers for Slingshot Booze & Blues they had a 2016 - 1/2 red SL on the floor. I noticed that Polaris was no longer using hood pads. they replaced them with (4) hefty rubber bumpers similar to the adjustable ones up front. There are (2) up top and one on each side. The top ones plug in at that same point where the windscreen screws are located.
    I think adding these 2 top bumpers would make a big difference opening the hood. I couldn't find a part number or pictures to order them
    Any one have any ideas?

Thanks

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• OK I would like to reach out to any dealers who may be able to help with this question.

I stopped by a dealer today to drop off some flyers for Slingshot Booze & Blues they had a 2016 - 1/2 red SL on the floor. I noticed that Polaris was no longer using hood pads. they replaced them with (4) hefty rubber bumpers similar to the adjustable ones up front. There are (2) up top and one on each side. The top ones plug in at that same point where the windscreen screws are located.
    I think adding these 2 top bumpers would make a big difference opening the hood. I couldn't find a part number or pictures to order them
    Any one have any ideas?

Thanks

Was at my dealership in Lake Vila, IL on Saturday...one thing was hood adjustment. Tech is ordering the 'bumpers' and going to be putting them on all the Slingshots. Should help with the hood latching and opening. All I know for the moment...hopefully more to come.

• Was at my dealership in Lake Vila, IL on Saturday...one thing was hood adjustment. Tech is ordering the 'bumpers' and going to be putting them on all the Slingshots. Should help with the hood latching and opening. All I know for the moment...hopefully more to come.

Looks like we are on the same page _ I will take a ride to my dealer Tuesday to see if he can order a set.
    Looks like the completely eliminated the center hood pad and bracket and the sides are just the aluminum without the pad.
    Keep me posted and I will do the same

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• There are three "bumpers" per side. As you know the ones by the headlights were there from the beginning. There are new ones where previously stated. I had to cut mine out by the windshield to install my Madstad windshield. Doing that solved my hood latch hang up. The one but the drivers windshield was causing upward pressure on the crab claw latch and it wasn't releasing easy. Now it does. If you get them and develop that issue you could shave it down with a razor knife. Its fairly soft/ easy to cut.

• I had to cut mine out by the windshield to install my Madstad windshield.

I'm confused....... I have a MadStad installed. and the tech installed new round bumpers at the windshield area...... Hood works same as before. Can these not be removed, if I have to remove the windshield? Are they not re-usable, once removed? (Can't check my sling- back in the shop)

• Mine were replaced under warranty also. The tech told me that I would have to press the hood closed from now on. Just like on the 16 models. This turned out to be incorrect hood closes just like it did before. Drop it from a few inches up and no problems.

• my first one fell off just the other day. I don't even have the hot weather everyone else if fighting. So, the factory bumpers are just that crappy, huh?

The rubber pads are contact glued. It's by design that they fall off. It keeps you going back to the dealer.... Now you can brag about how much rubber you left on the road.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I'm confused....... I have a MadStad installed. and the tech installed new round bumpers at the windshield area...... Hood works same as before. Can these not be removed, if I have to remove the windshield? Are they not re-usable, once removed? (Can't check my sling- back in the shop)

They can be pryed out, I didn't feel like trying.
    Your tech must have drilled new holes as the MS windshield installs with a well nut in the hole the bumper goes. Do you have a pic?

As for some opening and closing the same, it's a game of millimeters . Your latch may be positioned slightly higher. It was only my drivers side hanging up.

• They can be pryed out, I didn't feel like trying.
    Your tech must have drilled new holes as the MS windshield installs with a well nut in the hole the bumper goes. Do you have a pic?

no picture---- just glanced at them, as I never had the sling back outta the shop long enuf to do anything other than install the stinger roof, and drive about 18 miles before it failed again. They trailered it back to dealership, and it is currently on Death Row, on its last appeal. I guess that the Madstad bases will be pre-drilled for re-installation, if that becomes necessary. Thanks for the picture of the uninstalled hood bumpers