1320 v2 header

• Quick question someone should know the answer to. If I get the 1320 v2 header with stock exhaust (cat deleted),CAI, tuned ECU, Will I get more hp or torque? I am going to get the DDM turbo setup at some point, so I know I can use the 1320 with that as well.

• If you do as @av8ingtom mention above, you will be quiet impressed with the extra power. I've had many Sling owners ride in, or drive my Slingshot, and state that it is the quickest N/A Sling they have ever been in. I have DDMWorks CAI, 1320 header and CAT delete, and Bob's tune. When it was stock, I could take curves hard in 2nd gear, and just stand on the throttle coming out of the curve. Can't now, in fact if I'm by myself, just driving straight in 2nd at 3,500 RPM and shoving my right foot down will put the back loose and looking for traction.

Not sure how it happened (I'm not the only one, many have had the same) but my MPG also went up 2-3. Win-Win.

• I have the CAI, cat delete and Bob's tune.. I would just be switching the header. If it needs to be tuned just for the header than I will wait till I get the turbo as well. Doing the header now was to get some boost in performance and I can use the same header with the turbo.

• I got Bob's tune with the stock exhaust manifold. I had the 1320 header on my workbench at the time, but had gotten it just before leaving for Maggie Valley. Bob told me that he would not do a tune unless you have a CAI, all the other things the O2 sensor would adjust for. I did notice some upper RPM performance increase with the header, but low and mid didn't change much. Sounds better.... :D

• The biggest difference in power was the cat delete and the CAI of which also got me 4 more MPG's. Now I have the 1320 header with no Cat and the small Welter Dual. I also have Bob's Tune and the Hahn CAI and the Hahn Intake. The Hahn Intake pushes the power band all the way up to the red line, where before the power band was from around 3,200 RPM up to around 5,600 RPM. According to what tire is on the SS is to how much the back tire will spin. I am running the Riken tire right now all the way around a lot of traction on the rear with it, just as good or better than the General G-Max AS-03 which is no longer produced and beside it is also a good wet road tire.

• I am currently having installed the 1320 V2 header, Welter 2.5" Dual rear exhaust and the DDM WORKS CAI.

SO I should send the ecm out for his tune? What can I expect from this combo?

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• Better throttle response, more consistant power throughout the rpm range, 7 to 10 hp increase, faster reduction in rear tire circumference, possible increase in mpg, and a happier ass in the driver's seat.

And if you are having all of that installed, the tune option during the install would have been a plus...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• And if you are having all of that installed, the tune option during the install would have been a plus...

I thought about that but the dealer is doing the install during the rebuild and they are updating the ecu to the newest software before I send it out.

The tune is really worth the money except if you plan on getting boosted. With a key stroke it disappears when the boosted tune is down loaded.
    Trust me on this one, tune completed, 3 weeks later SC purchased.

3 weeks =O=O=O That fast huh. I was hoping to go at least 4 :D ... Yeah I know I definitely want to SC this thing. I was hoping @Dave@DDMWorks was going to put together a group buy for the SC and show everybody how its supposed to be done :thumbsup:

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• I thought about that but the dealer is doing the install during the rebuild and they are updating the ecu to the newest software before I send it out.

3 weeks =O=O=O That fast huh. I was hoping to go at least 4 :D ... Yeah I know I definitely want to SC this thing. I was hoping @Dave@DDMWorks was going to put together a group buy for the SC and show everybody how its supposed to be done :thumbsup:
    SSREAPER

Yep, good idea to check all flash updates are done before Bob's Tune. Then after tune, no more flash updates unless they can verify that a particular re-flash will not overwrite Bob's magic...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Yep, good idea to check all flash updates are done before Bob's Tune. Then after tune, no more flash updates unless they can verify that a particular re-flash will not overwrite Bob's magic...

And in the event that it does, Bob will reflash your tune for $20 (I believe that's what he told me, I know it was cheap). Although it still has to be shipped both way and the Sling will be down a few days....

• As soon as I get it back ...Im going to drive it a couple of day to reacquaint myself with him. Its been down almost 9 months. So its like I have completely forgotten what its like to drive...LOL

Then once I have a feel for it...Ill contact BOB, let him know the ECU is on the way. Then I should be able to really see the difference. I have already ordered another rear tire...LOL Once the tune is in place the dealer will not be touching the ecu. I wish I was able to get some of those warning placards but I have tried contacting them to no avail. Anybody got any extras they would like to sell?

I wonder what the cost would be to reflash the ECU when I get the SC....hmmm

SSREAPER

• I thought about that but the dealer is doing the install during the rebuild and they are updating the ecu to the newest software before I send it out.

SSREAPER

Dave has been having issues with them not sending him parts quick enough for him to fill all the orders he has now. Doubt that he would touch a group buy with a 10' pole! LOL Dave is good folk for sure but even he has to depend on others doing what they say or his deliveries can run late. It must be a good problem to have when you have so much business that you can't take care of it fast enough. That's where many businesses fail big time. They either start taking short cuts, start ignoring customers, or take on help that is no up to the task and then the customer satisfaction goes out the window. Dave has not done any of this and stills remains at the top of the awesome vendor list. jes my .o2

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Dave has been having issues with them not sending him parts quick enough for him to fill all the orders he has now. Doubt that he would touch a group buy with a 10' pole! LOL Dave is good folk for sure but even he has to depend on others doing what they say or his deliveries can run late. It must be a good problem to have when you have so much business that you can't take care of it fast enough. That's where many businesses fail big time. They either start taking short cuts, start ignoring customers, or take on help that is no up to the task and then the customer satisfaction goes out the window. Dave has not done any of this and stills remains at the top of the awesome vendor list. jes my .o2

ABSOLUTELY @Dave@DDMWorks IS ONE OF THE BEST! I know that of he were to offer a group buy...it would have been thought out and well planned ahead of time to ensure nobody was unhappy. I also have a feeling there would be a ton of takers on it! I also know without a doubt that if for some unforeseen problem were to arise he would inform us and keep in constant contact! That is what makes the difference!! I do not care if I was told 30 days and it ended up being 50 as long as I am kept in the loop and there is sincerity on their part!

My sling has been at the dealer for 9 months waiting on parts and finally I only wanted one tech so I had to wain in line (he is the best there and everybody wants him)...I would rather have the best quality and service than fast and half assed!

SSREAPER

• My sling has been at the dealer for 9 months waiting on parts and finally I only wanted one tech so I had to wain in line (he is the best there and everybody wants him)...I would rather have the best quality and service than fast and half assed!

All assed or nothing! We don't do anything halfway around my place! Even when I screw up, it's all the way!

• I wish I was able to get some of those warning placards but I have tried contacting them to no avail. Anybody got any extras they would like to sell?

I, and others are headed up there next month. Maybe there will be some available to pick up and bring on down to south of the border. If so, I'll post up early august for those interested.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)