Show me your day

• Looks like the makings of a SoCalendar!

Those incredible photos highlight one of the side benefits of owning a Slingshot. Not only do you get unrestricted views of the scenery, but you actually stop and enjoy it occasionally to document the trip for you and your friends - and get some blood back in your arse.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• AND even when things go sideways 40 miles from home you still get to meet incredible people. 5 north to the 10 east interchange BANG and a “what was that “ look to my wife and We get our first flat tire. CHP motor cop pulls over to help us out. First words out of his mouth are “ I’m here to help you even though you’re not riding a motorcycle” with a grin on his face. When I explain to him that we do have one in the garage he looks at me and says OK now we’re friends 🙂 This officer called three different places trying to find out if they had a tire that would fit and he could get us towed to the nearest location. Then we started showing each other pictures on our phones of our bikes. Shitty situation- excellent experience!

The tow truck service could not get a flatbed for another two hours. Went behind my seat for the “ MacGyver “ kit. Found the hole, inserted the file, then the rope plug. Got out my compressor, plugged in to the cigarette lighter port-3 minutes later 35 psi and onward home. Not the best end to our trip but an interesting chapter!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• ... tomorrow I will post my compressor details- it turned out to be a real gem.

Please do. I have tools, zip ties, 1/2 breaker bar, special tool for lugs, and lug socket to drive it in the cubby. Many other things also. But I don't have any tire patch kit, nor do I have any compressor. I've been running on a wing and a prayer for 36,500 miles..... it's time I put something back there that will at least give me a chance to move on from being stranded in the middle of nowhere.

In my defense, I rode Harleys over 450,000 miles and while I have had tire problems, I've always overcome them without a compressor. I've had them go low, but managed to get somewhere to air them up and get a plug in them. I've been very lucky I guess.....

• This is what i learned from my experience;

1. You tell the tow truck company its a Corvette, this way they show up with a tow truck that can extend its platform as far as possible.

2. You remove the front spoiler ( hopefully LEDs are not hard wired if any) this will give you enough platform clearance.

3. Have phone numbers of members that live in general area see if they can " pay it forward".

• Please do. I have tools, zip ties, 1/2 breaker bar, special tool for lugs, and lug socket to drive it in the cubby. Many other things also. But I don't have any tire patch kit, nor do I have any compressor. I've been running on a wing and a prayer for 36,500 miles..... it's time I put something back there that will at least give me a chance to move on from being stranded in the middle of nowhere.

In my defense, I rode Harleys over 450,000 miles and while I have had tire problems, I've always overcome them without a compressor. I've had them go low, but managed to get somewhere to air them up and get a plug in them. I've been very lucky I guess.....

I know how you feel on this as my motorcycle miles are in that neighborhood as well. I have been carrying around the same tire patch kit for I don’t know how many years and it finally came into play. The compressor is something I just bought when I got to Slingshot. I’ working on my first cuppa coffee I will have particulars soon on the compressor 🙂

• I know how you feel on this as my motorcycle miles are in that neighborhood as well. I have been carrying around the same tire patch kit for I don’t know how many years and it finally came into play. The compressor is something I just bought when I got to Slingshot. I’ working on my first cuppa coffee I will have particulars soon on the compressor 🙂

The small Slime compressor and a patch kit stored under the roll bar on the pass. side. They both have been used, but not on my SS.

• Please do. I have tools, zip ties, 1/2 breaker bar, special tool for lugs, and lug socket to drive it in the cubby. Many other things also. But I don't have any tire patch kit, nor do I have any compressor. I've been running on a wing and a prayer for 36,500 miles..... it's time I put something back there that will at least give me a chance to move on from being stranded in the middle of nowhere.

This is the little baby that saved the day. I just looked it up on Amazon where I got it from and of course they are saying it is not available now but I’m sure there are facsimiles . Inflated my tire in about 2-3 minutes. Was amazing how fast I was up and running. Tire is still tight this morning!

Ordered my new tire last night- be here on Wednesday 🙂!

Getting out the pressure washer- this girl was rode hard and put away wet!

Passenger side - fits easy.

• Gunna be doing some gratuitous posting as I go but thought this was a keeper. If you look to the left of the picture you will see a waterfall coming out of the rock. This cove is a must stop for us when doing the central coast.

• I was wondering after reading about the flat tire. Is it safe to use a can of Fix A Flat? I know the tires are more like car tires than motorcycle tires and this may work to get you off the side of the road until you can find a place to get the tire repaired. Be easy to store in th SS.

:SUNSETSS:

• This is what i learned from my experience;

1. You tell the tow truck company its a Corvette, this way they show up with a tow truck that can extend its platform as far as possible.

yet another reason why we are all here. I would’ve never thought about the extension on the flatbed but it makes perfect sense. Thanks for passing that along hopefully I won’t need it in the future :thumbsup:

• I was wondering after reading about the flat tire. Is it safe to use a can of Fix A Flat? I know the tires are more like car tires than motorcycle tires and this may work to get you off the side of the road until you can find a place to get the tire repaired. Be easy to store in th SS.

:SUNSETSS:

I think it would be. But as they say “any port in a storm!” I would’ve used anything to get back on the road

• No pics but just got back from a nice rede at 62 deg. In January in NW AR!!! Met a couple who just got there SS a couple weeks ago. They had seen ours side by side at church a couple months ago and really wanted one. They should be on the forum and SOG members soon!

• Mid 50's in Northern Indiana and road about 100 miles --- nice Sunny day. But the interesting part --- saw this little guy on the drive way just before Sundown, I know the 'woolly worms' are suppose to predict the weather --- but on Jan 5 in Northern Indiana... He was alive and moving slowly...I'll check on him later and in the morning.

• Mid 50's in Northern Indiana and road about 100 miles --- nice Sunny day. But the interesting part --- saw this little guy on the drive way just before Sundown, I know the 'woolly worms' are suppose to predict the weather --- but on Jan 5 in Northern Indiana... He was alive and moving slowly...I'll check on him later and in the morning.

This is good science right here. The longer the wooly bear caterpillar's black bands are, the longer, colder and more severe the winter will be. The longer the brown band in the middle is, the more mild the winter. This one appears to be about average meaning a winter of normal cold and severity. The longer black band in front indicates the harsher weather will be at the beginning of winter. I got this straight from the Redneck's Almanac.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)