helmets - do you use one? and if yes what do you use?

• Started wearing my full helmet again yesterday. I like looking over the windshield. I don't want to be looking through a dark tinted windshield when driving at night. At least in my state you can't have a dark tinted windshield and side windows can only be so dark. My son had his side windows so dark on his 914 that you couldn't see anything out the side at night. I didn't like driving it at night. I might look at a carbon fiber full helmet but they are expensive and I all ready have 4 helmets.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Those are all good points on safety. To me this subject is like personal finance. There isn't one solution that is going to fit everyone's risk tolerance. I have a gullwing top and tall windscreen. I don't typically wear one but I'm fine with others who do.

If you REALLY want to get into safety don't drive an open air three wheeled vehicle whose power can break the rear wheel loose in a turn. Instead purchase a large SUV with the latest safety features.

To a certain degree all of us have accepted that first level of risk. Unless of course you bought it to look at in the garage :)

.....i have a friend who basically stares at his in his garage lmao

• Those are all good points on safety. To me this subject is like personal finance. There isn't one solution that is going to fit everyone's risk tolerance. I have a gullwing top and tall windscreen. I don't typically wear one but I'm fine with others who do.

If you REALLY want to get into safety don't drive an open air three wheeled vehicle whose power can break the rear wheel loose in a turn. Instead purchase a large SUV with the latest safety features.

To a certain degree all of us have accepted that first level of risk. Unless of course you bought it to look at in the garage :)

Gullwing tops with tall windscreens are SUV's...;)

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

Edited once, last by drfubar ().

• Well yesterday I pulled off my full helmet and wiped out my right hearing aid. It is a behind the ear and several times it went flying when I took the helmet off. New ones will be in the ear ones the 24th so that problem is gone.

• Well yesterday I pulled off my full helmet and wiped out my right hearing aid. It is a behind the ear and several times it went flying when I took the helmet off. New ones will be in the ear ones the 24th so that problem is gone.

I'll bet you'll be better off in the long run anyway. Most likely those old hearing aids coupled with the helmet would eventually lead to pain and discomfort.

• @ Frankie55 When I started wearing hearing aids I bought the best out there they were the in the ear cannel that you can't see. But after my hearing got so bad those type didn't have enough power so had to go to the behind the ear. I get them from the Navy at a price even cheaper then the dealers can get them. Well these new one have all the latest and greatest technology but they are the ones that look like you have a big wad of chewed bubble gum in your ears. They do have the power and I am not vain at my age. My hearing is below 80db down. The left is worst.

• That is such a funny statement from my point of view where at times I was thinking of taking the Grasshopper out for a quick spin around the neighborhood to find that Justina had already taken it! :)

Bill

I always tell the new guys --- if you teach your wife to drive the Slingshot you WILL be riding 'bitch' forever.

• my wife doesn't know how to drive with a manual transmission and has no desire to learn - - she also very much dislikes being in the sun

in almost 4 years she has never even wanted to sit in the drivers seat of the sling 8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Edit to add

In almost 4 years with the exception of one day trip to a slingshot event in Fallbrook (for which I bought a top) my wife's participation in the Slingshot has been limited almost exclusively to rides to cruse downtown on warm summer evenings after the sun has dropped behind the mountain.

I have also decided that instead of installing the top again any future trips I might talk her into will be setup so that we travel with going and coming times to keep the sun low in the sky behind us

• I really wanted to get this one, but it's not D.O.T approved. I'm sure once a cop would stop me, he'd be all over that fact big time. Sure glad I'm in Florida and no helmet required if you're over 21

Is that one of the ebay ones? I looked real hard at a black and yellow version but $300 for something not required here in CO was a bit much. Those did said DOT and another approval, but from Malasia or something so they probably just add that to listing to sell. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custo…1f26cd:g:TMcAAOSwoQ5ffJrn

• this thread got me to thinking that my old CF half helmet was getting kind of grungy - With our warm/hot weather its the one that gets the most use and abuse. after three fun summers of sweat I figured it was due to be replaced so I just picked up this Daytona Skull Cap in Black Cherry - - wife says it goes better with the red sling than my other helmets

159228804_3917373444951256_1812855473478727002_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=rLtodysSgX4AX9MEUu5&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=2124041d50ba94ab47605e038a4d9a2f&oe=606ECE6E