Wannagofast.com 1/2 mile shootout in Ocala FL (Sat, Jan 20th 2018, 7:00am - Sun, Jan 21st 2018, 7:00pm)

Date

Wannagofast.com 1/2 mile shootout in Ocala FL

Sat, Jan 20th 2018, 7:00 am - Sun, Jan 21st 2018, 7:00 pm

1201 NE 77th St, Ocala, FL 34479, USA

Participants

0 participants, 0 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: Jan 20th 2018, 7:00 am
  • I hate to even say this..... But I started mocking up a new Nose piece and a cold air intake for the Slingshot for October in Ocala! Susi is gonna KILL ME! Just so you know @rabtech' ... I'm calling you back out!

But this time .... aerodynamics are not off limits! I'm not doing a completely different body... just area enhancements that keep the body looking like a slingshot, but you will know it is a "Racing" Slingshot. Kind of like what Dodge did with the Challenger & Roadrunner in the 70's when they made the Superbird!

• Ya'll have probably already thrown them all away by now but I'd really like to have a copy of all your time slips from this past weekend.

@rabtech
    @StickerDick
    @Dave@DDMWorks

I'd like to study them a little.

They will posted on the web site. I looked at the last event last night. I just looked but this past weekend has not been posted yet

• Love this thread, I've got 8500 miles on (our) sling and it has never hit 130 mph, I think it may have hit 120 1 time but my eyes were glued to the asphalt in front of me, wether I was actually was doing 120 I don't know, but this thread has got me so exited about getting boosted. At some point just maybe I'll get that little bit of boost that makes me go goofy in my smile, but you all have treated us slingshot owners to a new adventure...! After riding behind rabtech on a few trips, I can just imagine the white beast in automatic mode...!!!! I'm proud of you all three....!! Y'all all represented us slingshot owners well.....!!!! ( no matter who won)..... :thumbsup:

• I was curious about the speedometer being accurate. Since my transmission is now different i can't tell for sure if it's all slingshots or just mine. But my speedometer was showing 1 needle shy of the 140 mark at the end of the 1/2 mile. I really paid attention on a few runs and it just liked a needle width to be pointing at the 140 speed. They had it at 129.4 so there is about 10mph difference in the two. I know they are dead on correct. So has anyone noticed this?
    Has anyone else checked theirs against some sort of GPS when over 100mph?

It's not much of an issue up to 80 or 90mph. But it would start being off above that.

At Roebling Road down the straight we all thought we were going faster than the Garmin Virb showed - I will default to the GPS for accuracy we topped out at 126 and I think Dave had a top speed of 130.
    Before anyone gets crumpled panties this was after coming out of turn 9 at about 80 then hitting the straight away - I am not comparing it to your drag race.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• At Roebling Road down the straight we all thought we were going faster than the Garmin Virb showed - I will default to the GPS for accuracy we topped out at 126 and I think Dave had a top speed of 130.Before anyone gets crumpled panties this was after coming out of turn 9 at about 80 then hitting the straight away - I am not comparing it to your drag race.

NA was 115 MPH

• Well this is an old picture and now I'm thinking my wife shouldn't be upset because I'll tell her the speedometer is off!

And yes, not in 1/2 mile... It was a long stretch, early in the morning on highway 45 in Houston... :D

Wish that supercharger was more like $3k... I'd probably bite the bullet quicker considering what @Tripod mentioned earlier somewhere... Oh well, I'll keep waiting for a clearance, super sale...

• within the first 20 seconds of this video..."it will go 130 - 140 ... its just as fast as..." :00008356::00008172:

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• With or without al the Banter and Bull spit , this was an absolute blast. Also the hard work put in by all three Slingshot owners and there support is Greatly appreciated @rabtech, @Dave@DDMWorks and @StickerDick along with the support for and with each worked very hard for the Information and Entertainment of all of us .
    Many dollars were spent along with many hrs of R & D .
    Everyone won some type of measured portion of this event sometime thru Saturday and / or Sunday. ALL THREE WERE THE THREE FASTEST IN TIME AND MPH FOR SLINGSHOTS OF THIS WHOLE EVENT !!!!
    Thanks again to all involved and look forward to seeing all of you in the near future .
    Maybe even back in Ocala in October ?

When you say they were the 3 fastest Slings at the event, were there others there? Any numbers?

• No. We we're the only three there...

I will say that trying to get to a certain speed is addictive. Heck I have already called my local airport and asked them if I could come out and make some test passes. They did not have a problem with it. I just can't have any wires or stuff like that on the timing equipment. They were going to call someone at city hall and verify but it shouldn't be a problem. We have a super long and smooth runway. It is over 5000 feet long.