Well Damn....

• Not the knock at the door you want to get but at least my neighbor had the integrity to inform me he had backed into my Sling this evening. It was under the black Polaris cover in my condo parking lot so he said he did not see it. Got all his insurance info and he will get with USAA to come out and look at it. The damage seems to be isolated to just the drivers side fender area. Is that a separate part or is the entire hood one piece? These things are tougher than they look. That was a hit from a full size truck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Sorry for you misfortune!

Hopefully it will get fixed soon and be better than new.

At least he was honest about it instead of trying to get out of dealing with it.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• @The Ghost, be sure you have your dealer look at it. Trust me, adjusters are not at all familiar with these and will try to lowball as much as possible. My first SS was backed into in back 6 weeks after I got it. Adjuster figured about $400. Ended up giving me $1800.

Sorry @MISC!!! Got in a hurry typing. Maybe I cablame it on my phone spell check. :D

• Shouldn't it go to a Polaris dealer for estimate? That was what happened when mine was hit - and subsequently totaled. The insurance adjusters know diddly about the Slingshot!

That is exactly what my adjuster told me to do. Then the dealership had the audacity to charge for the estimate.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• That is exactly what my adjuster told me to do. Then the dealership had the audacity to charge for the estimate.

Mine did too and it was entirely fair. They should be paid for their time. The charge was for much less time than they put into and was initially paid by me (to retrieve the Slingshot), then reimbursed by my insurance - only because I settled through my insurance instead of the drunk's. Yours and @MISC 's should be paid by the responsible party's insurance.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)