Good News/ Bad News

• The easiest way to clear a check engine light is to start and stop your engine 5 times. If the problem doesnt exist in 5 cycles, the engine light should turn off. I would do this before messing with the negative on the battery or unplugging the ECM. For other people this was the quick fix.

Because of the engine light blinking, this would point to a more serious problem. If it is blinking and you are feeling a difference in performance, I wouldn't put many miles on it.

Blinking engine lights usually mean there is a more severe issue that needs immediate attention. At least that is what I have noticed on my machine.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• A big THANK YOU to Larry and his beautiful bride for coming over today and going riding with us.

We put on appx. 150 miles. Most of it was two lane and a lot of it was smaller twisty two lanes with lots of speed and gear changes.

We had a blast riding today but unfortunately at the end of the day the check engine light remained on.

If it be the Lords will and the creeks don't rise I will take it to the dealer Tuesday and let them check it out.

Hopefully it will be something simple and we can get it straightened out and move on with the build.

Winter will have come and gone before you know it and it will be time to ride it not work on it!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• @TR Ganey, before you spend your hard earned money at the dealer, try what @rabtech and @TravAZ suggested. There are a lot of guys who have had codes which ended up being nothing, especially when the macine is new.

• @TR Ganey, before you spend your hard earned money at the dealer, try what @rabtech and @TravAZ suggested. There are a lot of guys who have had codes which ended up being nothing, especially when the macine is new.

I tried those things last night to no avail but will gladly try them again.

I tried unplugging everything except the negative cable from the battery.

I can and will do that prior to taking it to the dealer.

As far as it costing me the only cost should be my time and gas because the sling is new and under warranty.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• We had a blast Tim, thanks for the great ride, it's so much fun to meet someone from the forum that lives close to go riding with.... This is just my opinion after swapping out slings, I think you have it figured out to let the dealer fix the code on your sling and get it out of the way since your going to put the SC On it.... as we discussed the only thing I felt with the engine light on was that small short hesitation for a second then it cleared at the stop sign.... comparing 7,900 miles on a 2016 to a 2018 with 500 miles, all I can say is yours was very tight felt good on power, sounded quieter to me and the wife even noticed the difference... im sure it's something small and prolly will be a quick fix but in my mind I would do the dealer thing and get them to check it out just to be on the safe side, after installing the SC, I'm not sure if you carried it in what they would say after the SC install .....there is so many people on this forum that has so much knowledge on the slings, you will never be left in the dark with a question here.......

• UPDATE!

Took her to T'Town today. Got there as they were walking in the door. They hooked up their computer and looked at all the codes, raised the hood and we unplugged the sensor on each side of the engine next to the firewall at the back end of the cams, plugged them back in, cycled the ignition, code did not clear, used the computer to force the code to clear, done a test dirve, all was well.

Since it turned over 500miles four miles before I got to the dealership I let them go ahead and do the "1st" service.

They also attempted to adjust the belt. Not real comfortable with the results of that. I'll probably look at that myself in the very near future.

I had another issue that they were going to look at but when I brought it up and they looked it had self corrected but on the way home messed up again. I will put up a new thread titled "NO FUEL Gage" for that discussion.

They are fully aware that I plan to SC the SS and they are very interested in the build. We discussed this from the very beginning of looking at the SS and we discussed the warranty. The jury is still out on this one and we'll just have to wait and see if I have any issues after the install and how/if they are handled appropriately.

Glad to have her back home without a "check engine" light shining.

Just for the record. The fact that it was on didn't bother me ,it was the fact that I didn't know exactly why it was on and also the fact that I thought I could tell a difference in the performance. My Dodge truck that now has 145Kmiles on it has had the "check engine" light on since 10K miles but I know why it came on and know that it is not hurting anything and I also know what to do to allow it to go off and stay off. The only draw back to it being on is that the remote start will automatically shut the truck off 15sec after start up with that light on. That is a small price to pay for the added mpg and cleaner air going into the cylinders by having the EGR valve disconnected.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Remember this....I just had an issue and they couldn’t figure it out...so Polaris got involved....they wanted a picture under my hood to make sure there weren’t any mods that could be interfering with the computer...I think a SC falls into that category. It won’t matter what the dealer says...Polaris has the final say...it’s their money...

• Remember this....I just had an issue and they couldn’t figure it out...so Polaris got involved....they wanted a picture under my hood to make sure there weren’t any mods that could be interfering with the computer...I think a SC falls into that category. It won’t matter what the dealer says...Polaris has the final say...it’s their money...

That is a chance you have to be willing to accept when you make the decision to mod anything that is under warranty. I bought it to mod it. I had no intention or interest in leaving it stock. I will have to live with my decisions and the problems they bring and you can bet your sweet bippy that I'll be on here screaming and hollering for help to figure out and solve the problems! LOL

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• That is a chance you have to be willing to accept when you make the decision to mod anything that is under warranty. I bought it to mod it. I had no intention or interest in leaving it stock. I will have to live with my decisions and the problems they bring and you can bet your sweet bippy that I'll be on here screaming and hollering for help to figure out and solve the problems! LOL

I have to agree 100%
    I have changed everything including the paint - it is all on me at this point - but we have some superb after market vendors that I would trust before Polaris.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!