Good News/ Bad News

• We had a beautiful day today so we decided to take the new toy for a ride.

About 5 miles into the ride woth a total of 191 mile showing on the odometer the check engine light came on.

We pulled into a gas station and checked the codes. We then called the dealership and spoke with someone there that advised that we could continue to use it and schedule an appointment to get it checked out next week.

Have any of you had this code and what needed to be replaced?

I really hate that we are having issues right away, especially since we are awaiting the delivery of a SC that we intended to install immediately.

We did continue with a short ride but the performance was greatly reduced due to the sensor issue. Not too excited about our purchase right now.

• How exactly, does one “watch” a Yahoo search?!

SMH...

If there’s a particular video you’re referring to, then post that video!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Question
    Did you get the check engine light on the instrument cluster or was it indicated solely through your radio?
    I ran with a code for quite s few months with out a problem. Usually when a real code appears there is an associated driving indication. As in the linked post I would disconnect the 3 connectors from the ECU for 15 minutes reconnect then drive the heck out of it. If it comes back or you sence any other indications have it looked at.

• Well, yes just scroll down...to the 2.4 ecotec cam phaser video...I don’t know why it didn’t link to the actual video like it does 100% time I do it the way I did...

But if it’s not just a bad Sensor...this could be what you’re in for....

• With a noticeable reduced performance they may end up replacing the cam sensor - happened to me. If the code throws and there are no performace issues it will clear itself has been my experience - with performance issues you probably need a new sensor ...... fear not though a good dealer will have you up and running hard in no time

• I am a little behind here but I will try to address all questions as I appreciate everyone's help.

The check engine light came on then we pulled over and checked the display for codes.

Yes there was a maked decrease in performance.

When the game goes off I will go out and disconnect the sensors and report what rhe results of that are.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Disconnected the sensors.

Cycled the switch.

Connected the sensors.

Cycled the switch.

Started the engine.

No change

Disconnected the sensors one at a time to try and determine which one is the issue.

No indication of which one.

I assume that once a code is set the only way to clear it is by the dealer?

Disconnected the ecm (in hopes ofclearing the code. It showed that the ecm was disconnected.

Original Code remains.

As I set in it with it running I notticed that the check engine light would periodacally blink.

I went for a short ride (5-6miles) and it seemed as though the performance was back but the check engine light remained. During the ride the check engine light would iccasionally blink a couple times then remain on.

Returned home and left it running. I'll go back in 15 minutes and see what it says.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Checked on it after idling for 15min and no change except the check engine light don't seem to be periodically blinking anymore.

Shut it off and restarted.

No change.

Will attempt to see dealer on Monday.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Drive it like you stole it TR, always getting codes on ours we are all just down the road from you....! We will be out tomorrow hopefully for a short run somewhere......!!

• Drive it like you stole it TR, always getting codes on ours we are all just down the road from you....! We will be out tomorrow hopefully for a short run somewhere......!!

I hear ya Larry.

My main concern is that I don't want to have to hold up my SC install while I wait on them to get the sensor issues straightened out. On the other hand I guess I should be glad that it showed up pre-install or they would not honor the warranty. It would be good if I could get out tomorrow and put a few more miles on it so that when I carry it back to Tuscaloosa to get checked out they can go ahead and do the 500mile service on it.

It had 191 on it when it throw'ed the code.
    We rode appx. 85miles
    It's appx. 70 miles back to the dealer.

+85
    +70
    ____
    =346

______
    =154 miles I need to put on tomorrow.

Let's see,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Tuscaloosa is out because we have to go there Monday.
    It's about 70 miles to Columbus MS
    It's about 70 miles to Tupelo MS
    It's about 70 miles to Florence AL
    It's about 70 miles to Moulton AL through the forest .
    It's about 70 miles to Cullman AL across 278. '

Where to go, where to go ???? LOL

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• You'll know quickly if the sensor needs to be replaced - while I did not notice the decreased performance at idle in the beginning (dealer mechanic and I were trouble shooting daily over the phone since they are about 2 hours away) I certainly did notice it when I gave her gas - if it gets bad you will know as she rocks and shakes at idol

• I didn't notice it at idle. Matter of fact I didn't really notice it at all for about the first 30 miles. Then I got on some better roads where I could push it a little and the reduction in performance was evident. It seemed as though the performance was there for about the first 25% of throttle but when you pushed it to the floor it was very slow to gain rpm. When it would finally get up over 4krpm it would do a little better but not normal.

There was a definite difference after I unplugged and re-plugged the sensors and ecm. If opportunity presents it's self to get some more miles in tomorrow I will see how it goes.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• We bought ours at bama buggies, in t town, I've had good luck with there service dept so far, I'll be up early in the am, I'm sure the wife will want to ride somewhere tomorrow, let me know and we will try and meet you guys tomorrow close to windfield...!