80 MPH top speed

• First of all I have only heard of limp mode in automatic transmissions and it usually sets the limit to 45 MPH(3k RPM) or at least that was what a BMW X5 did for me like 10+ years ago.

The problem was that it was almost out of ATF and that triggered "limp" mode, it is unlikely for "limp" mode to be set as high as 80 that would not be a safe number to limit a vehicle that is allegedly having problems.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

Edited once, last by Neosolidus ().

• I the last 10k miles with my SC installed. I am getting an average of 28.94mpg. I have had a tank that was over 30mpg.

Wow! For the first few months after my SC install at Maggie Valley, I checked gas mileage (the computer is wrong due to the new tune - showing at 40 mpg) and the mileage was pretty consistent between 20 - 21 mph whether highway or city driving.

• Wow! For the first few months after my SC install at Maggie Valley, I checked gas mileage (the computer is wrong due to the new tune - showing at 40 mpg) and the mileage was pretty consistent between 20 - 21 mph whether highway or city driving.

@Live-a-Little! That's what I have been getting with mine also.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• I’m running Sunoco 93 in all my vehicles...
    1-GM 5.3. Pickup
    2- GM 5.7s full size vans
    1-GM 2.4 Slingshot

• My cruise control isn’t operating at the moment...that said according to the service manual the following are the main components of the cruise control system...

Accelerator pedal
    Brake pedal sensor
    Clutch pedal sensor
    Cruise con. On/off (+) switch
    Set (-) switch
    Engine control unit (ECU)
    Electronic throttle control module (ETC)
    Vehicle speed sensor (VSS)

Do you think any of these could be the issue?

• I'm 95% sure it is the Brake sensors, that was what was wrong with mine, wait and got the recall done on them and no more problems till last couple days, light starting to come on again and have to play restart a couple times, calling Dealer tomorrow.

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• To be honest I am at a loss whether you are genuinely asking or trying to troll, during the Catastrophic brake failure Thread when you compared the brake system of the slingshot to helicopter hydraulics system people explained how the Speed brake sensor failure would trigger the light and the only visible known side effect was unusable cruise control.

If I had the answer to those questions I could figure out if I'm on the right track with my assumption.... After all I wouldn't want to look stupid... And as far as helping everyone out...if I'm right we can all save a lot of time and money.
    My sensors have been on back order for way over a month now...
    The tail rotor thing isn't a joke...I didn't start this thread as a joke.....they have similar systems and similar problems...there could be a simple answer.
    The dealers aren't going to replace the sensors forever... The point is we might not have to...

Are you saying that your sensors were replaced, the brake failure light is off but your cruise control won't work?

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

Edited once, last by Neosolidus ().

• Wait a minute....I’m asking if my 5th gear problem could be related to the cruise control not working. Look at the different things in the cruise control system. Could any of these things also be related to my 5th gear issue? Not getting enough gas or sending bad info to the computer or something else? My cruise control currently isn’t working....so something in that system is causing if not to work but maybe causing my other problem also which isn’t imaginary or not happening....the vehicle shouldn’t gain speed by letting off the gas...period....which mine was doing...and with the gas pedal mashed to the floor it shouldn’t top out at 80 in 5th gear....on flat road...

Not trolling trying to connect dots for a solution..

And the helicopter thing wasn’t a joke either....if you take the time to think about what I was trying to say and how they are related in things that go wrong pertaining to dirt in the system clogging the sensors...

• It was officially confirmed by the dealer head mechanic that there is definitely something drastically wrong with the 5th gear issue. And he had never heard of this issue before. They have a call into Polaris to see what they know about it.

Something else he said Polaris changed the digital wrench and they can not reprogram the computers now they can change only update them.

• It’s not the rev limiter because in 5th gear it kicks in at 125 MPH you can down shift to go faster....

Just got back from talking to the dealer and they suspect the electronic throttle position sensor because checking it in digital wrench when they get about 3/4 into the pedal it reads error....

and because of that....they said the computer is putting it into the “LIMP” mode..... :whistling: