Weird rear end noise

• Did you get that gents?

That was meant for everyone that thinks every problem should be very obvious to detect. And if you don’t you’re an idiot for not.

I thought forums were supposed to be places of ideas with give and take dusscussions and solutions.

Not everyone is versed in all matters so sometimes people need more explanation to fully understand certain issues. It doesn’t mean it’s being ignored or some other made up claim.

So now much more will be made of this than needs be.

• I just did a search for weird rear end noise and nothing comes up but my posts. Couldn’t see the broken fender struts because they were still in place. I moved them apart to show the problem in the picture. The attachment bolts kept them in place. So to see they were cracked off wasn’t easy. Since the noise was intermittent I was thinking it could be the drive belt. And with all the swing arm failures form cracks and bearings and other noises and issues I wasn’t sure what to look for.

Thank God for arm chair mechanics.

Still trying to help. Weird rear end noise may be what you call it. But try searching (all forums) for what it is really called. Angle drive noise. I'll even help you with that, just click the link below. I've really tried to be helpful.... so many times. Hope this helps you. If not, so be it. There are over 7 pages on this subject....

http://slingshotinfo.com/index…ghlight=angle+drive+noise

• Still trying to help. Weird rear end noise may be what you call it. But try searching (all forums) for what it is really called. Angle drive noise. I'll even help you with that, just click the link below. I've really tried to be helpful.... so many times. Hope this helps you. If not, so be it. There are over 7 pages on this subject....
    http://slingshotinfo.com/index…ghlight=angle+drive+noise

His rear end noise was a broken fender.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Thanks, The noise issue has been solved....the two support brackets for my new fender broke above the welds which caused the bolts to rub on the tire...while the fender was flapping up and down....making the whop, whop, whop noise...

I really glad it wasn’t the angle drive..

• His rear end noise was a broken fender.

I know that, well technically it was a fender support bracket weld if you choose to go that route. I have read the entire thread. Did you? I was attempting to help with the SEARCH function. Did you even read my post about said break? Post number 10 in this thread if you can't find it. I posted about it after the facts were known. I'm really getting tired of trying. I've only tried to help here if I can. I can help, but some are really trying me....

I am not being the jerk here, you quoted me, I am singled out. Block feature hasn't been used since i got here. For sanity's sake, I may need to use it some.... but I really hope not to.

• @Goats_Hogs I think there has been a misunderstanding here I was in no way trying to single you out or calling you out even all i did was vaguely state what the problem was in case you had missed it, I had no idea of knowing if you had read the whole thread, I know i don't have the time to read every thread.

My intent was in saving you some time by not trying to diagnose a problem that had been solved.

My apologies if it was somehow perceived in any other way.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• @Goats_Hogs I think there has been a misunderstanding here I was in no way trying to single you out or calling you out even all i did was vaguely state what the problem was in case you had missed it, I had no idea of knowing if you had read the whole thread, I know i don't have the time to read every thread.

My intent was in saving you some time by not trying to diagnose a problem that had been solved.

My apologies if it was somehow perceived in any other way.

All good, misunderstanding. We are good. I have really tried with this issue, and many other issues Bigdog has had. Just saying this, if I had the problems that has been in this person's arena, I'd have sold (or given away) my SS. @sideseatdriver I have so seriously tried. I've been trying for some time now. I am done. I'll just be quiet. I really hope you or @KayTwo don't think less of me. I've said it before, but this time I mean it. I'll just read the posts but never reply. @Bigdog I truly wish you good luck. Hope things turn around for you and you have things settle down with your SS and all is great. Peace out....

• @Goats_Hogs, you are truly a great character. We've all had our time of teasing the Bigdog... KayTwo and sideseatdriver included... Even Bigdog has played the game and has poked fun of himself at times too. I know I constantly do that and sometimes (many times), my humor is misunderstood or not translated well over the internet...

But anyway, to get to my point, I rather try to laugh than be serious and get hurt about things.

If you know the answer or a possible one, I say keep posting... It may not help Bigdog (few things do :D ), but it could help others, so share the knowledge!

I'll just keep reading and gleaning more about y'alls personalities (multiple for some of us).