Age range

• I think there's a dearth of younger riders for 3 reasons:
    Motorcycle license needed in many states
    Lack of discretionary income
    and most important, they don't learn how to drive a standard transmission!

I agree but I will give you two more reasons which could actually be considered one. For the most part (always exceptions to the rule)

1. I believe younger people are lazy and want things handed to them therefore they won't work or work just enough for what is needed.
    2. Cost of a new SS is A LOT more then a car and a lot less practical for a person of young age.

RNJ12

• 36 years old here, but more like 60 in Marine Corps years.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Thank you for your SERVICE and to the rest of the Veterans here in this Forum!

If I was going by my ARMY years well then I might not have told my age...LOL

Reap

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• I agree but I will give you two more reasons which could actually be considered one. For the most part (always exceptions to the rule)

1. I believe younger people are lazy and want things handed to them therefore they won't work or work just enough for what is needed.
    2. Cost of a new SS is A LOT more then a car and a lot less practical for a person of young age.

RNJ12

My wife and myself are both 48
    I will have to disagree with the above statements you two have made. The youth are the way they are due to our generation giving them things and not making them earn it. My son is 23 and owns his own business for the last 4 yrs and is very successful at it. He drives a new 2018 2500 Dodge Ram with a 6 speed on the floor. He has drove standard trans for most of his driving yrs on the farm. Parents today don't instill motivation in their kids. They let them lay on the couch and play video games and watch tv. My daughter who is still in college works part time nights and weekends. If you give them a free ride they expect things to be handed to them. Make them earn it and they will realize they get rewarded for the effort put into it.

• My wife and myself are both 48
    I will have to disagree with the above statements you two have made. The youth are the way they are due to our generation giving them things and not making them earn it. My son is 23 and owns his own business for the last 4 yrs and is very successful at it. He drives a new 2018 2500 Dodge Ram with a 6 speed on the floor. He has drove standard trans for most of his driving yrs on the farm. Parents today don't instill motivation in their kids. They let them lay on the couch and play video games and watch tv. My daughter who is still in college works part time nights and weekends. If you give them a free ride they expect things to be handed to them. Make them earn it and they will realize they get rewarded for the effort put into it.

Which is why I said

"(always exceptions to the rule)"

RNJ12

• My wife and myself are both 48I will have to disagree with the above statements you two have made. The youth are the way they are due to our generation giving them things and not making them earn it. My son is 23 and owns his own business for the last 4 yrs and is very successful at it. He drives a new 2018 2500 Dodge Ram with a 6 speed on the floor. He has drove standard trans for most of his driving yrs on the farm. Parents today don't instill motivation in their kids. They let them lay on the couch and play video games and watch tv. My daughter who is still in college works part time nights and weekends. If you give them a free ride they expect things to be handed to them. Make them earn it and they will realize they get rewarded for the effort put into it.

Winner!

Which is why when many comment that the 3 girls I have will cost a fortune, etc, I simply reply that whatever boy wants them, better be able to afford them. Paying for the wedding? Yeah right, when we say you can get married... :D

Paying for college? Yeah right, scholarships, loans, or work! We'll help, but it'll be earned...

Heck, even Christmas now is just 1 present from us, knowing full well relatives will spoil them regardless... But not mom and dad.

Some say I'm old school with my thinking, but I don't care...

This is why our motto at the schools I've been Principal at (2 so far) is Work Hard. Be Great.

• I like your thinking. Old school is cool.

RNJ12

• Parents are to quick to just buy to shut the kids up. Sorry but that's where the problem starts. Kids only learn what they are taught or copy what the see. I had no problems helping my kids buy anything they wanted. Earn 1/2 towards it and come and see me. Need a job just look around you will find something, might not be what you want to do but it will earn you some money.

Anyways back on track here

• When you ask for our age is it the one we behave like or our "legal age"?

Anyways i am 35 and up until i bought the slingshot I behaved like it...every since it bought the sling i behave like a 14 y/o who has been handed a street legal go kart.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I think there's a dearth of younger riders for 3 reasons:
    Motorcycle license needed in many states
    Lack of discretionary income
    and most important, they don't learn how to drive a standard transmission!

I don't know what the first one has to do with anything...I knew a lot of guys with their license before age 25, myself included.

Those other two, though....spot on! :D