Anyone install 4pt. harnesses and keep the factory seats?

• I just did that today myself.. And wanted opinions ???

I was going to put slots in back to bolt harness to rollbar attachment bolts but my height in seat they
    look to low.

Just tried them out and seem comfortable.. Going to be little heavy in hot summer and may use stock belt when
    driving local.

Just put stock belt behind seat and buckled it in to keep light off. and will reverse when using stock belt.

• You know Canoehead where we are attaching belts will make it safe in some circumstances .
    A roll over well who knows.
    But everyone who is attaching harness ( to rollbar attaching bolts or a bar attachment ) has know clue as to what will happen
    until a accident happens and the outcome.
    Know one is Crash testing these systems or attachment locations and so we are the guinea pig of our own changes.
    So lets just hope we all pay attention to the other guy and do not over drive our SS into situation to test our harnesses!
    My wife found it comfortable and haven't tested her into fast cornering with it.
    But it does hold you in more than stock belt.

I am planing on putting Honda S2000 seats in when I return from Maggie Valley and they have headrest slots for harness to pass through.

• Just as a heads up do not take your ride to a track with your harnesses like that. You won't make it through the tech inspection. That set up is very ill advised. In a wreck the belts will want to slide off your shoulders.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• I will not be going to track.. I just want to be held in and not launched out the cockpit on trip down interstate to Maggie valley from NJ.
    And the set of 3" 4 points just purchased have center chest straps so they will not slide off shoulders.
    When I get home want to build bar attachment for harness to roll bar.
    My one thought was to drill 1/2 or 5/8" hole through roll bar side to side and slide bar through it to hold harness attachment.

Would need someone to test and see how much strength would be loss in roll bar with drilled hole with rod?

• I doubt it!
    There are a lot of liability issues for road use. Most will say for off road or racing only.

The way I understand it (and I could be mistaken) for DOT the belt has to have a central red quick release that is well identified for emergency crews. Belt must also have certain certifications.

They do not specify anything for mounting.

I worked with the belt supplier to determine best mounting options (poll hoop mount bolts) and even when all was said and done they gave me a waiver saying not made specifically to fit my vehicle.

A lot of CYA

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• So most agree that putting slots in plastic and mounting to bolts that hold roll bar is best.
    And height of say average person 5'5" to 6 ' this mounting height would be best?

Thanks guys..
    I may tomorrow put slots in plastic and try the height of those locations..
    It was a easy attachment today but do not like the way it looks.

Btw, best way to slot the plastic is to put tape around where you want to cut, then using a sharp xacto, just start scoring to shape you want to cut out. Continue scoring the shape until you can cut the lenght of a whole line. Once you get the blade thru, it will because easy to pressure the rest of the shape out. The plastic is soft, so work slow and its pretty easy to do a good clean job:

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

• So most agree that putting slots in plastic and mounting to bolts that hold roll bar is best.
    And height of say average person 5'5" to 6 ' this mounting height would be best?

Thanks guys..
    I may tomorrow put slots in plastic and try the height of those locations..
    It was a easy attachment today but do not like the way it looks.

The only belt that requires cutting thru the black plastic is the inboard belt. Once you have the rear humps removed and the bolts exposed it will be pretty easy to understand. Go back and look at what rabtech posted there are some good shots that will help a lot.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Btw, best way to slot the plastic is to put tape around where you want to cut, then using a sharp xacto, just start scoring to shape you want to cut out. Continue scoring the shape until you can cut the lenght of a whole line. Once you get the blade thru, it will because easy to pressure the rest of the shape out. The plastic is soft, so work slow and its pretty easy to do a good clean job:

Nice clean install
    You can trim out the cut area of the rear grey deck with some black or grey door molding. I am not home but can take a picture in a few days when I get back to show you. cleans everything up real nice.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I followed Macaws recommendations and you do not see any cut it's covered by the trim. Use a multitool and finished it up with a file.

Nice job pal...... you the new go to man for harness install!
    I missed the opportunity for a phone call though

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!