Downshifted accidentally from 5th to 2nd running 90mph

• This just happened to me yesterday was revving it out second or third in from third I want to put it in fourth fully Spohn up and it went right into second as soon as I let the clutch out the rear wheel started hopping around and I couldn’t push the clutch in fast enough scared the hell out of me. She seems to be driving just fine but it has me totally nervous this is the second time I’ve done this in the last six months out of three years but this time I have a supercharger on it now so hopefully I didn’t break anything

Get's your attention don't it! I have done it also, it just skips out and get's a little side ways that is all. It is a lot of fun when you are in a long sweeper.

• This just happened to me yesterday was revving it out second or third in from third I want to put it in fourth fully Spohn up and it went right into second as soon as I let the clutch out the rear wheel started hopping around and I couldn’t push the clutch in fast enough scared the hell out of me. She seems to be driving just fine but it has me totally nervous this is the second time I’ve done this in the last six months out of three years but this time I have a supercharger on it now so hopefully I didn’t break anything

Get's your attention don't it! I have done it also, it just skips out and get's a little side ways t

Real fun on a 'wet' road.....did manage to keep the Slingshot between the tel-poles....

I do not do things like that on wet pavement

You may not be out of the woods yet, it depends on how high the engine revved when you slid the rear wheel. At high rpms the valve train is a weak point, possible cracked rocker or and may break, if that happens you will be running lean on that cylinder. With a boosted engine things only get worse from there. This is a broken rocker;

The top end is easy to check if you believe pushed your rpms to high, it would be a peace of mind.

• Another consideration is those that have superchargers is the possibility over overdriving the supercharger in situations like this. Again I am not saying anything happened, but the possibility is there.

• Its very easy to pop off the valve cover and unplug fuel injectors and coils to crank the engine over a few times to look for abnormal issues.

Doubt you'll find anything, but it may be worth the piece of mind. If something broke, you probably would know immediately.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

Edited once, last by TravAZ ().

I have to words of advice: Automatic Transmission

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• You may not be out of the woods yet, it depends on how high the engine revved when you slid the rear wheel. At high rpms the valve train is a weak point, possible cracked rocker or and may break, if that happens you will be running lean on that cylinder. With a boosted engine things only get worse from there. This is a broken rocker;
    The top end is easy to check if you believe pushed your rpms to high, it would be a peace of mind.

Broken rockers are no fun at all

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE