Took only a few minutes.
1. Open hood.
2. Remove oil fill cap.
3. Slide used oil container under vehicle.
4. Reach under vehicle, remove retainer tab, open valve. (No tools needed for this, and no need to raise vehicle or climb under - you can reach the valve from the topside fairly easily with the hood open.)
5. While oil is draining, change oil filter.
6. Close valve and replace retainer tab.
7. Refill engine with new oil and replace oil fill cap.
8. Take used oil/filter to Advanced Auto Parts for recycling.
Total time was about 15 minutes. The reason it even took this long is because the Quik-valve has a smaller diameter opening for the oil to drain from, so it was slower draining than if I had just removed the plug. On the plus side, there was no initial "GUSH" of hot oil going everywhere when I opened the valve. The oil just ran out and dropped down into the used oil container at a pretty constant rate until it was all out. It was a good trade-off.