Polaris Show - 2018 Slingshot Model Year Release, LIVE Coverage

• Fender ... Got it.
    Graphics .... Got it
    10 way adjustable shocks ... Got it
    Slingshade top.... Got it

They have really been watching the aftermarket for the last three years. I guess 2019 might be the new mechanical stuff. :/

Just hope the frames have been standardized a little better.... :whistling:

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Bigger cubby and looks like gray accent on steering wheel (wonder where they got that idea?). It looks like the top of the dash is gray also (or this idea? :whistling: ). And center scoops are two tone. Wonder where the dash buttons are now? Just below start button, missed that at first.

• Kinda funny. My dealer has been telling me that for the past year, since the Velocity seats came out, that they won't fit and are not available for my 2016 model.

Well, I go online and see this add and it confirms my Slingshot can fit these seats, (like everyone here has already told me)

However, I noticed I was still on the USA site, (icon in the upper right corner), so switched to the Canadian Polaris site...... No seats available as an option.

So, going to confirm this with my dealer, then simply order them from the USA, like everything else I have placed on my Sling.

Odd part is....they can order replacement parts for the SLR, including seats, but they can't order seats for me.... I am smelling a huge pile of

• I want to apologize for the late reply to this thread. I just returned to my hotel room exhausted after such a long day. I did a live coverage for SXSNation.com as well. My Phone ended up dieing on me during the showroom visit but I was able to at least grab some good pictures.

• No more midnight cherry model!!!.....Was hoping to see the Ride Command in the Midnight Cherry model and would have probably bought one. Not a fan of any of the colors now. The sunset red is ok and electric blue SLR is ok I guess. Really wanted the Midnight Cherry though.

The base model dropping is price is big news! Too bad they all didn't drop in price that much!

Midnight Cherry was the 2017 LE right? I bet a good dealer would love to help you get the Limited Edition off their lot to make room for a 2017. I would also bet a good dealer can make the Ride Command work in a 2017. Belly up to the bar and make them work for your money

• That may be kinda the plan here. Get it at a good deal now hopefully! I keep seeing good prices on slickdeals for Pioneer Nav radios and thought about picking one up just in case. Been hearing about the rear cam not working in the 2017 models with other radios though, so not sure.

• With all the ups and downs over the last couple of years as well as acquiring Transamerica I'm sure expensive tooling and such are on hold. It's only three years old. I see a major change for maybe 19 or 20 styling wise and that will only be for smaller plastic parts rather than the larger A surface painted parts. Headlights and possible taillights.
    Tooling for the panels was not cheap. The parts are but not the tooling. They want to see a little more return on investment.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• With all the ups and downs over the last couple of years as well as acquiring Transamerica I'm sure expensive tooling and such are on hold. It's only three years old. I see a major change for maybe 19 or 20 styling wise and that will only be for smaller plastic parts rather than the larger A surface painted parts. Headlights and possible taillights.
    Tooling for the panels was not cheap. The parts are but not the tooling. They want to see a little more return on investment.

How about this theory, given the timeline combined with their recent public and private moves ....

Polaris is now an established defense contractor .... the Alabama plant would not have come to be had that not happened .... they are now getting (a bunch) of your money without anything you can do about it .. and they don't have to interact with dealers, advertising, the NTSB, or even you to get it. Just keep a few palms greased and it flows in. Do you really think their focus is now or will be in the near future anything for public sale that does not enhance their military vehicle production capacity (like TAP).

....... ninja-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......