Alfa,. can you make the equipment to make a SS achieve 180 MPH?

• Wow... Like everyone has stated. Just not possible aerodynamically speaking in stock form. 184mph at redline on a Dyno alone proves it. No resistance either from the wind or even the front tires.

Some people scare me.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Wow... Like everyone has stated. Just not possible aerodynamically speaking in stock form. 184mph at redline on a Dyno alone proves it. No resistance either from the wind or even the front tires.

Some people scare me.

Duck, I no longer feel qualified to comment here. But - I do have time above 160mph. I respect the drivers that are much faster. My better half was the wife of a real race car driver - she is strong.

Home of the free - because of the brave

• I already knew the answer but I owe a $50 Sonic drive in gift card if I'm wrong!

I don't want to come across as a freaking know-it-all, but if you're going to retain the Polaris ecu (even with Bob's tune) the ecu sets a maximum speed setting at 160 mph. As Rabtech stated, there's no way the stock body could be stable enough or have enough power to overcome the massive wind resistance this has.Unless Bob gas been able to access that part of the ecu, it's going to stay that way. (Not sure even if he could, he would probably not want the liability to set that max speed any higher)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I don't want to come across as a freaking know-it-all, but if you're going to retain the Polaris ecu (even with Bob's tune) the ecu sets a maximum speed setting at 160 mph. As Rabtech stated, there's no way the stock body could be stable enough or have enough power to overcome the massive wind resistance this has.Unless Bob gas been able to access that part of the ecu, it's going to stay that way. (Not sure even if he could, he would probably not want the liability to set that max speed any higher)

I may be a little crazy - but not crazy enough to drive anything that unstable at that speed.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I'm always afraid anything north of 120 is going to cause the fenders to fly off. When we were stock, it was a struggle to get to 105. Now supercharged 100 happens almost every trip at some time. I must agree with @rabtech that these things are as aerodynamic as a brick. I have no idea what top speed is with this Alpha Supercharger on here at anything over 100, I'm too busy looking at the road to see the gauges!

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• I don't want to come across as a freaking know-it-all, but if you're going to retain the Polaris ecu (even with Bob's tune) the ecu sets a maximum speed setting at 160 mph. As Rabtech stated, there's no way the stock body could be stable enough or have enough power to overcome the massive wind resistance this has.Unless Bob gas been able to access that part of the ecu, it's going to stay that way. (Not sure even if he could, he would probably not want the liability to set that max speed any higher)

That speed is listed in the ECM, but it is under an odd parameter. There is still a debate on what it actually does. It could possibly be a setting limit on where the cruise cannot be set anymore. Cruise disables over 160...?

Or it is an actual speed limiter and the ones going over 180mph on the dyno weren't limited because only the rear was spinning.

It can be changed in the ECM, but there probably isn't a good reason to do so...

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• Even in a car that speed is scary ...just remember you don't have air bags..and technically there isn't even anything close to a bumper out there..and the crumple zone probably goes from the head lights right past the rear view camera...

• I'm always afraid anything north of 120 is going to cause the fenders to fly off. When we were stock, it was a struggle to get to 105. Now supercharged 100 happens almost every trip at some time. I must agree with @rabtech that these things are as aerodynamic as a brick. I have no idea what top speed is with this Alpha Supercharger on here at anything over 100, I'm too busy looking at the road to see the gauges!

I know it was silly but you have to admit it was a fun excursion to exploit.

Home of the free - because of the brave

• Top speed on a sling is so silly. That's the one question I get asked allot when strangers see a slingshot "how fast does it go/whats the top speed" I truly don't get why so many are infatuated with top speed. The sling is aerodynamically challenged and feels like it will lift off at 120+ not to mention the fenders are huge parachutes

• I'm going to jump in here on this, I have had my SS over 150mph a few times, handled great! You can call BS, I don't care. We have some great Tollways here and at night they are empty, only trouble I have is reading the Speedo after 140 as the numbers are closer together and that's really not what I am looking at, at those speeds, if anything I look at the RPM's and that's only for a second. I also have better than stock tires on it for safety... I also have my fenders Zip ties underneath to keep all the flexing out. :saint:

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil: