Pissing off a Harley Rider

• Ahhhh, Harley Davidson, a T-shirt and chaps company that sells motorcycles.

I can't own a HD because I'm not fat, with a white goatee and a leather vest full of patches.

I am and do resemble that remark. Of course Painter's goatee is more gray. :) Missed you guys but I'm out of the (crap) slinging business.

Home of the free - because of the brave

• Hey Cape....Great to see you again - hope all is well

Thanks Mac, but I'm just visiting. And someone has to check up on Larry! I'm doing well, thanks. Looks like many of the same low lifes are still here! Sounds like you are doing well. In a different part of the country the SS may of worked out for me but just too hot for my trach. I plan to hang out for a little while, I still have my tires and wheels to sell.

Home of the free - because of the brave

• Thanks Mac, but I'm just visiting. And someone has to check up on Larry! I'm doing well, thanks. Looks like many of the same low lifes are still here! Sounds like you are doing well. In a different part of the country the SS may of worked out for me but just too hot for my trach. I plan to hang out for a little while, I still have my tires and wheels to sell.

Tires and wheels for sale, are they the stock 2015 SL?

• I personally could care less what anyone thinks about me or my SS. I am just happy to be able to ride without being in severe pain due to back issues. For the most part people love it. Bikers are about 50/50 most just haters. I have always been well accepted at car shows. Bike shows I have to make sure it does not get torched.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• I rode Harley’s since you had to tighten up everything after a ride or the next ride crap was falling off. These “Nouveau Harley Riders” mostly have no concept of the brotherhood and just plain love for the wind in your face. IMO - I don’t care what you ride- a real biker respects that you love the wind and will be in it as long as physically possible - the rest can kiss my fat natural ass !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Had an encounter with two guys with bikes about a year ago at a look out spot in Joshua Tree monument. One had a Harley and the other a BMW. We started talking and at first they had this smirk on their face at the idea of the Slingshot being classified as a bike, but they were still very curious so they came over and started checking it out and asking questions. They were very shocked when they saw the back up close. mono shock suspension on a swing arm with a belt drive - - one of them was like "wow, it is a bike" then they wanted to know how big the motor was and how much HP, I rounded and said a bit under 2400 CC's to put it in motorcycle terms and said 170 HP and then one asked how much it weighed and I said "about 1700" pounds, The guy who asked seemed very shocked and said that his bike was over 900 pounds and he was surprised the slingshot wasnt much more

in the end both guys said that they really liked it much more that they thought they would and both agreed that it was as much of a bike as any other trike but much cooler - they got on their bikes and we (my brother and I) got in the slingshot and we headed out, a mile or so down the road they passed us and as they did they both gave us the motorcycle wave

Personally I have found that most bike riders like the slingshot much better once they have really had a chance to look at one up close. once they see how it actually works they understand that even though it has a car like front it also has a great deal of motorcycle DNA hiding out back

As a side note I suspect that many people assume that its front wheel drive which would explain the reactions I have seen when they get a real close look at how things work

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• The best one was the day I'm standing there pumping gas in and a guy says, oh wow, is it electric ? I was dumbfounded for a second, I'm like, I'm pretty sure this is gasoline I'm pumping in right now.

Kev you were supposed to say - yes it is electric - this is the newest technology that coverts gas into electricity without burning it.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• People will ask me , when looking at my front fenders, ''Oh are those the factory signal lights you've reused ?'' and I'll respond '' yes , but I had to flip them left for right to get them to fit that way , Its a bit of a trick but you'll get used to just signalling left when you want to turn right soon enough,'' The they'll look at me like I've got a third eye or something, LOL Sometimes I swear I'm my own worse enemy ! 2019-09-02 21_34_45-Window.png